Gamecock Fan Shoots Two People to get to a Scrimmage

[B]Brother of South Carolina Football Player Charged With Killing Woman[/B] Sunday, April 01, 2007

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A 24-year-old Greenville man shot a store clerk then killed a woman in Newberry County so he could get a car to see his brother who plays football for South Carolina, authorities said.

Demetrius M. Pepper was arrested Saturday morning outside of Williams-Brice Stadium, where the Gamecocks were playing a scrimmage open to the public, Newberry County deputies said. His brother is Nathan Pepper, a rising junior defensive lineman.

Demetrius Pepper stole his first car after shooting its owner at a Greenville convenience store around 7:45 a.m. Saturday, deputies said.

The car broke down on Interstate 26 in Newberry County, so Pepper came to the home of 60-year-old Ellie Halfacre, about a half-mile from the highway, looking for another vehicle, Sheriff Lee Foster said.

Pepper rang the doorbell and forced his way in after Halfacre answered, shooting and killing her before taking another vehicle and some items from the home, Foster said.

Halfacre was a retired school teacher active in her church, Foster said.

“There were two cars in the yard that had keys in them. All he had to do was take the car. He didn’t have to go in and kill her over a car. It’s just senseless,” Foster said.

There doesn’t appear to be any link between the two victims, police said.

Pepper has been charged with murder in Newberry County and assault and battery with intent to kill and possession of a weapon during a violent crime in Greenville County, authorities said.

A woman identifying herself as Pepper’s mother answered the phone at a Greenville home, but wouldn’t talk about the incident or give her full name.

All that violence to watch a football scrimmage?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263088,00.html

Wow.

Wow, I really don’t know how to even respond to that. I can’t believe there are people like that.

didn’t a south carolina fan kill a clemson fan over a bet on the football game last fall as well?

i would have thought an SEC school would have at least bought the kids brother a nicer car than one that broke down.

Geeze this is messed up. So many jokes come to mind but how can you tell a joke when someone died? What a shame. My thoughts go out to the families and victims.

What a terrible event. I hope the guy gets a stong and swift sentence. I will never understand society

[QUOTE=49or bust;228769]Geeze this is messed up. So many jokes come to mind but how can you tell a joke when someone died? What a shame.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to joke about here. This is a very sad situation.

Nothing to joke about here. This is a very sad situation.
This is what I mean. It is very sad, I'm not denying that. Personally, however, if I die is a humorous manner or there is a remotely funny story involved, you can make all the jokes you want. Just me I guess. Death is way to sad, and comic relief is an awsome answer. I don't even want my funeral to be sad. I want it to be like an Irish funeral where there is pretty much a party afterwards and everyone gets pissed. If I could find a way to make my funeral anymore happy, I'd put it in my will.

bet ya a million bucks the killer has a rap sheet a mile long, and the justice system put his animal ass back on the streets. Blood is on the hands of the judge(s) who keep releasing human waste such as this. Just like this Charlotte cop killer.

wow, i hope i didn’t offend anyone with my joke, i am sorry.

I’m speechless at this.