Gameday.... vs. Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Thanks, guys. I kicked myself for about two weeks because of the question about magic markers. I was about 85% sure on that question and I wussed out; if I’d known how weird the questions were going to get, I would’ve gone for it and saved the lifeline. When I almost went for it with the wrong answer on the last question, the audience audibly gasped, so they actually helped me out twice.

The University will get some money from me out of this. But they’re not getting it all… sorry Mike. :lol:

You did fine… be happy that you made the right decision to get out… we all have our unique personal database, don’t beat yourself up, you came out ahead!

PT

Alex, I know how you can quadruple that money in 3 months. Go ahead and send me the money and I’ll get back with you in a few years.

the “ask the audience” lifeline always bugged me. if you’re in the audience and don’t know the answer, the noble thing to do would be to not guess. that way only the people who know the answer will submit a response. If I were a contestant on the show, I would say “I’d like to use my audience lifeline, and I’d like to ask that only people who know submit an answer”

[QUOTE=Sideshow;326665]the “ask the audience” lifeline always bugged me. if you’re in the audience and don’t know the answer, the noble thing to do would be to not guess. that way only the people who know the answer will submit a response. If I were a contestant on the show, I would say “I’d like to use my audience lifeline, and I’d like to ask that only people who know submit an answer”[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would do the same. Usually you can rule out at least one answer so I would just tell them if you don’t know, pick that one. Either way, who knew you would have to know something about the golden girls to win $8000…

the "ask the audience" lifeline always bugged me. if you're in the audience and don't know the answer, the noble thing to do would be to not guess. that way only the people who know the answer will submit a response. If I were a contestant on the show, I would say "I'd like to use my audience lifeline, and I'd like to ask that only people who know submit an answer"

On the British version of the game, the audience actually tries to give the wrong answer and make the contestant miss.

[B]Independent Tribune[/B]: [URL=http://www.independenttribune.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=CIT/MGArticle/CIT_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173355767377]Concord teacher leaves game show with $8,000[/URL]