Games of interest, Monday, November 27

Boston U (2-3) at [B]Saint Joseph’s (3-1)[/B]
Buffalo (4-2) at [B]Temple (0-1)[/B]
Tennessee (4-2) at [B]Louisiana Lafayette (0-3)[/B]
[B]Wofford (2-2)[/B] at UNC Greensboro (1-4)

Boston U 39
[B]Saint Joseph’s 55[/B]

Buffalo 64
[B]Temple 62[/B]

[B]Wofford 54[/B]
UNC Greensboro 77

Tennessee 77
[B]Louisiana Lafayette 67[/B]

How does Wofford almost beat NC State and beat Cincy on the road then lose to UNCG?

isn’t valpo a potential hawaiian classic team too? because they are only down a couple to marquette right now

I can’t answer that exactly, but UNCG’s (262) schedule was much better, despite Wofford’s RPI of 82.

(41) North Carolina St. 92, Wofford 88
Wofford 74, (NR) Erskine 58
Wofford 96, (NR) Union KY 84
Wofford 82, (321) Jacksonville St. 80
Wofford 91, (184) Cincinnati 90
(174) James Madison 78, Wofford 74

(294) Marshall 82, NC Greensboro 80 [B]OT[/B]
(128) Penn St. 69, NC Greensboro 56
(18) Duke 75, NC Greensboro 48
(190) East Carolina 72, NC Greensboro 64
NC Greensboro 79, (266) Gardner Webb 67

Yes, Valpo plays Creighton in the other game of the 49ers’ bracket.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;201885]How does Wofford almost beat NC State and beat Cincy on the road then lose to UNCG?[/QUOTE]
I don’t know, but I’m pissed because I had money on the game. I thought it was a pretty sure thing if they were able to beat Cinci and almost beat NC state, especially since UNCG was 1-4. It was only 15 dollars, but still, not happy.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;201892]I don’t know, but I’m pissed because I had money on the game. I thought it was a pretty sure thing if they were able to beat Cinci and almost beat NC state, especially since UNCG was 1-4. It was only 15 dollars, but still, not happy.[/QUOTE]

Greensboro is decent this year. Hickman and Hines can do some damage to any team.

I watched the Tenn-ULL game on FSN. ULL is down a couple of players that they will get back this week. They look very athletic & can deinitely hit the open 3 (but not so much the contested one). They rebound the ball extremely well, and will terrorize you in transition if you jack up a bad shot (little hint there DA). Their most glaring weakness, which TN exploited the hell out of, is sloppiness with the ball and the inability to beat the full court press after a made basket.

To beat this team, we will have to share the basketball and take high percentage shots. If we do not do this - if DA and Lee force bad shots without passing the ball to get open looks, they WILL outrebound us and drill us in transition the way North Texas did - in fact, they are a very similar team. On defense, UT pretty much painted the picture of how to press them and create turnovers - the box score isnt up on ESPN, but I wouldnt be surprised to read that ULL had 30 TO’s to UT’s press.

Maybe one of ULL’s returning guys is a PG. I dunno. One of them is named Milsaps and is related to the NBA player by that name.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;201885]How does Wofford almost beat NC State and beat Cincy on the road then lose to UNCG?[/QUOTE]
It’s all in perspective…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;201885]How does [I]Charlotte [/I]almost beat [I]Syracuse [/I]on the road and beat [I]Hofstra [/I]then lose to [I]North Texas[/I]?
[B]Fixed[/B][/QUOTE]
I’m all for the niners and I really don’t think we should dwell on the North Texas loss. And I’m not comparing our skill level to Wofford, but showing that it’s NCAA basketball. Sh*t happens.