Games of interest, Saturday, November 17, 2007

[COLOR=Green][B]Charlotte[/B] (2-1) vs [B]Illinois Chicago[/B] (2-1), Paradise Jam, Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands, 6:00[/COLOR]
[B]Dayton[/B] (1-0) at George Mason (2-0), 7:00
[B]La Salle[/B] (0-1) at Mount Saint Mary’s (0-1), 7:00
Maryland-Baltimore County (2-0) at [B]Richmond[/B] (2-2), 7:00
[B]Saint Joseph’s[/B] (1-1) at Boston University (1-1), 7:00
Wisconsin-Green Bay (2-1) at [B]Massachusetts[/B] (3-1), 7:30
Furman (0-2) at [B]Saint Louis[/B] (3-1), 8:00
[B]Rhode Island[/B] (3-0) vs Stetson (2-1), Glenn Wilkes Classic, Daytona Beach, FL, 8:15
[B]Duquesne[/B] (2-0) at Rice (0-1), 9:00
[B]Saint Bonaventure[/B] (2-1) at New Mexico (3-0), BTI Invitational, Albuquerque, NM, 9:15
Manhattan (2-0) at [B]Hofstra[/B] (0-1), 4:00
[B]Gardner-Webb[/B] (3-2) at Radford (1-2), 7:00
[B]Appalachian State[/B] (1-2) at Middle Tennessee State (1-1), MTSU Invitational, Murfreesboro, TN, 8:00
Northern Illinois (0-3), at [B]Southern Illinois[/B] (0-0), 8:00
[B]Monmouth[/B] (0-3) vs [B]Wichita State[/B] (1-1), Paradise Jam, Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands, 8:30 pm

UMBC continues to terrorize the A10 beating Richmond.

The A10 continues to terrorize its fans.
Fixed.

[QUOTE=NLP;269878]Fixed.[/QUOTE]
I kid you not, I spit water on my monitor when I read this.

[B][COLOR=Green]Charlotte 64[/COLOR][/B]
Illinois Chicago 63

[B][COLOR=Red]Dayton 56[/COLOR][/B]
George Mason 67

[B]Duquesne 86[/B]
Rice 59

Furman 69
[B]Saint Louis 83[/B]

[B]La Salle 66[/B]
Mount Saint Mary’s 63

Maryland-Baltimore County 70
[B]Richmond 68[/B]

[B]Rhode Island 80[/B]
Stetson 65

[B][COLOR=red]Saint Bonaventure 54[/COLOR][/B]
New Mexico 81

[B]Saint Joseph’s 57[/B]
Boston University 48

Wisconsin-Green Bay 78
[B]Massachusetts 93[/B]

[B]Appalachian State 84[/B]
Middle Tennessee State 79

[B]Gardner-Webb 93[/B]
Radford 83

Manhattan 71
[B]Hofstra 73[/B]

[B]Monmouth 59[/B]
Wichita State 50

Northern Illinois 68
[B]Southern Illinois 88[/B]

[QUOTE=HP49er;269881][B][COLOR=Green]Charlotte 64[/COLOR][/B]
Illinois Chicago 63

[B][COLOR=Red]Dayton 56[/COLOR][/B]
George Mason 67

[B]Duquesne 86[/B]
Rice 59

Furman 69
[B]Saint Louis 83[/B]

[B]La Salle 66[/B]
Mount Saint Mary’s 63

Maryland-Baltimore County 70
[B]Richmond 68[/B]

[B]Rhode Island 80[/B]
Stetson 65

[B][COLOR=red]Saint Bonaventure 54[/COLOR][/B]
New Mexico 81

[B]Saint Joseph’s 57[/B]
Boston University 48

Wisconsin-Green Bay 78
[B]Massachusetts 93[/B]

[B]Appalachian State 84[/B]
Middle Tennessee State 79

[B]Gardner-Webb 93[/B]
Radford 83

Manhattan 71
[B]Hofstra 73[/B]

[B]Monmouth 59[/B]
Wichita State 50

Northern Illinois 68
[B]Southern Illinois 88[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, Marshall’s team is worse than I expected. So we get to play the powerhouse known as Monmouth now for the 4th place game?

looks like daytons flight pattern is struggling to take flight.

[QUOTE=dax;269888]looks like daytons flight pattern is struggling to take flight.[/QUOTE]

Dayton fans were very pessimistic heading into their road game vs. George Mason. Last year, they won EVERY SINGLE home game and lost EVERY SINGLE road game until they played st. bonaventure with 6 games remaining in the season. Not exactly road warriors.

So I guess it is fair to say we’ll be 4-1 heading into the Wake game? I’m interested to see how well GT fares against Winthrop. I hope GT wins it all because that’ll make us look pretty good.

How many folks on this board would have believed the 49ers could be 4-1 before after the Paradise Jam? If so, you really had a good glass of Kool-aid. :49ers:

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;269890]So I guess it is fair to say we’ll be 4-1 heading into the Wake game? I’m interested to see how well GT fares against Winthrop. I hope GT wins it all because that’ll make us look pretty good.[/QUOTE]

If you have learned anything as a niner fan, you would realize it is not fair to sat that.
I would not count any victory untill the final buzzer sounds.

[QUOTE=ninerID;269870]UMBC continues to terrorize the A10 beating Richmond.[/QUOTE]

If we as a conference ever hope to gain respect, we have to beat teams like UMBC. I know we did not help last year with the losses we added to the conference record, but we are not going to lose to teams like UMBC year end and year out. I would love for our conference to beat the Orangemen every year but I know that is not going to happen very soon. But I do expect us to beat UMBC and Mount Saint Mary for goodness sake! Somebody has to put up a bar of expectation for this conference and the AD’s need to communicate as clearly as possible that bar of expectation to their coaches. If they can not meet that bar of expectation, they are gone. I do not see this conference going forward or growing. We still lose to the University of Elbow Junction at Iowa and the Saint Mary’s of the basketball world!

[QUOTE=MeanGreen;269926]If we as a conference ever hope to gain respect, we have to beat teams like UMBC. I know we did not help last year with the losses we added to the conference record, but we are not going to lose to teams like UMBC year end and year out. I would love for our conference to beat the Orangemen every year but I know that is not going to happen very soon. But I do expect us to beat UMBC and Mount Saint Mary for goodness sake! Somebody has to put up a bar of expectation for this conference and the AD’s need to communicate as clearly as possible that bar of expectation to their coaches. If they can not meet that bar of expectation, they are gone. I do not see this conference going forward or growing. We still lose to the University of Elbow Junction at Iowa and the Saint Mary’s of the basketball world![/QUOTE]

I’m actually expecting the Orangemen to lose to either URI…or perhaps even UMass next week. There did not seem to be a large talent gap at all when SU played St. Joes.

UMBC and Mount Saint Mary’s (note that MSM did lose both their games to the A10) played La Salle. I repeat, La Salle. If a Top 10-12 team in the conference plays them, it’s a 10 point spread easy. If it’s St. Bonaventure/La Salle - essentially mid-majors masquerading in a major conference - then you can’t exhale until the final seconds. And if it’s the bonnies, you might even see their fans storm the court.

The “bar of expectation” is a major, major topic in the Atlantic 10. I agree 110% that leaguewide standards HAVE to be adopted and the writing-on-the-wall (note all the recent announcements on facility upgrades) seems to point toward something occuring soon.

I'm actually expecting the Orangemen to lose to either URI...or perhaps even UMass next week. There did not seem to be a large talent gap at all when SU played St. Joes.

There’s a talent gap… definitely a talent gap. St. Joes just made up for it with experience and team play. SU has two top 25 talents this year as freshman (Johnny Flynn and Donte Green) along with a top 10 talent in soph. Paul Harris.

It’s amazing how difficult it seems for a number of A-10 squads to finish off their competition. Temple blows 10 point and 25 point leads versus Providence and CofC, respectively. St. Joe’s doesn’t have a field goal in the last 9 minutes of their game against Boston U. Richmond is leading UMBC 64-57, only to lose 70-68. Dayton has only one double figure scorer against George Mason, though they were playing on the home court of the Colonial favorites, who were a perfect 21 for 21 on FTs in shooting down the Flyers. Majerus benched Liddell until a couple of minutes into the 2nd half against Furman for being late to a team shootaround, so the Billikens star seems to like it in the doghouse. At least Duquesne came out smoking in the 2nd half and cooked Rice after leading by only 2 at the break.

Well, enough puns for now… :tongue: