Fairfield at [B]Fordham[/B], 7:00 pm
Lafayette at [B]Temple[/B], 7:00 pm
Tulane at [B]Richmond[/B], 7:00 pm
Yale at [B]Massachusetts[/B], 7:00 pm
[B]George Washington[/B] at Air Force, 11:00 pm
[B]UNC Asheville[/B] at South Carolina, 6:00 pm
Arkansas-Little Rock at [B]Louisiana-Lafayette[/B], 8:00 pm
Belhaven at [B]North Texas[/B], 8:00 pm

Belhaven? That’s one I don’t think I’ve ever heard of.

A “memphis-type” GW poster on the A10 boards was bragging about the “tough” GW scheduling because they scheduled Air Force. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;207331]Belhaven? That’s one I don’t think I’ve ever heard of.

A “memphis-type” GW poster on the A10 boards was bragging about the “tough” GW scheduling because they scheduled Air Force. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Belhaven is a non-DI school in Jackson, MS. (My wife is from Jackson, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have known that!)

Santa Clara scheduled that game for GW versus Air Force since it’s part of the Cable Car Classic, so no Colonial should be taking credit for that. Still, would be a good win for GW and the A-10 if they knock off the AFA, which is currently #31 in the RPI. Santa Clara is #46, so if the Colonials could pick up a couple of wins in the CCC, that would great.

BTW, Rhode Island got whipped last night by Ohio - 97-69!

As the preview of the AFA-GW game points out, the Colonials blew a 20-point 2nd half lead against So Cal on their previous trip to the Golden State not quite 3 weeks ago for the Wooden Classic. Hopefully GW will do better versus the #23 Falcons in the Cable Car Classic.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;207331]Belhaven? That’s one I don’t think I’ve ever heard of.

A “memphis-type” GW poster on the A10 boards was bragging about the “tough” GW scheduling because they scheduled Air Force. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

GW is going to get killed by Air Force.

[B]Duquesne 98[/B] [B][COLOR=Blue]OT[/COLOR][/B] :clap: :clap: :clap:
Boston College 93

Fairfield 47
[B]Fordham 56[/B]

Holy Cross 68
[B][COLOR=Red]La Salle 48[/COLOR][/B]

Lafayette 73
[B]Temple 96[/B]

[B][COLOR=red]Saint Joseph’s 63[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=Black]Hofstra 65[/COLOR][/B]

Tulane 75
[B][COLOR=Red]Richmond 63[/COLOR][/B]

Yale 69
[B][COLOR=Black]Massachusetts 78[/COLOR][/B]

George Washington at Air Force, 11:00 pm

[B][COLOR=Red]UNC Asheville 51[/COLOR][/B]
South Carolina 71

Arkansas-Little Rock 73
[B][COLOR=Red]Louisiana-Lafayette 64[/COLOR][/B]

Belhaven 66
[B]North Texas 93[/B]

[QUOTE=HP49er;207454][B]Duquesne 98[/B] [B][COLOR=Blue]OT[/COLOR][/B] :clap: :clap: :clap:
Boston College 93[/QUOTE]
Way to go Dukes!

[B][COLOR=Red]George Washington 52[/COLOR][/B]
Air Force 66

Great win for the Dukes. Funny reading the AP recap and the writer making “excuses” for BC due to player injuries. Same ol’ ACC crap whether it’s in Boston or in Charlotte!

GW led Air Force at the break but couldn’t hang with the Falcons in the 2nd half. Also doesn’t help when you only get a grand total of 2 points from your bench!

BTW, some other scores caught my eye…

Texas A&M 101, Grambling 27 :wow:

UNLV 74, Texas Tech 66 - the record will have to wait until another day!

NM State 101, Norfolk State 84 - Mr. Iti apparently has played his way to the end of the bench - 4 minutes, 3 points, 1 rebound

[QUOTE=run49er;207484]Great win for the Dukes. Funny reading the AP recap and the writer making “excuses” for BC due to player injuries. Same ol’ ACC crap whether it’s in Boston or in Charlotte!

[/QUOTE]

Same ol’ selective criticism, too. If you guys lost to Wofford Sunday but De’Angelo didn’t play, wouldn’t you want the AP report to mention that? And if it didn’t, you’d be steamed. Don’t be a hypocrite.

That Duquesne win is amazing. Did the writers bother to mention everything the Dukes have overcome in their rush to apologize for BC??

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;207487]Same ol’ selective criticism, too. If you guys lost to Wofford Sunday but DeAngelo didn’t play, wouldn’t you want the AP report to mention that? And if it didn’t, you’d be steamed. Don’t be a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

I thought this one really took the cake because it ONLY reported that Dudley and Oates didn’t play for BC. It did NOT say anything about Duquesne playing shorthanded due to the September shootings or that their coach, Ron Everhart, was absent with medical problems of his own.

Mike, while we’re at it, why did you edit out Ian Vouyoukas’s comments about Tyler Hansborough vis-a-vis the officiating of the Saint Louis-North Carolina game? I read it online on Sportsline.com, but it didn’t appear in the same AP piece printed in the Observer. I’m not saying Vouyoukas was right, but why did you feel that statement shouldn’t appear in the Observer?

Just read it… And, no, the AP writer did not breathe a word of what Duquesne has been through in any part of the article.

I suppose he or she figures it’s all ready been done enough. Just a guess.

[QUOTE=run49er;207492]Mike, while we’re at it, why did you edit out Ian Vouyoukas’s comments about Tyler Hansborough vis-a-vis the officiating of the Saint Louis-North Carolina game? I read it online on Sportsline.com, but it didn’t appear in the same AP piece printed in the Observer.[/QUOTE]

That story didn’t arrive in time for our deadlines, unfortunately.

As for the AP piece not mentioning the Duquesne shootings, it should have in my opinion. If the AP used a stringer instead of a staff, which is likely, it was probably a local writing from a BC perspective for a BC home game, which is not the right way to do it.

The Boston Globe led with the Duquesne problems, by the way.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;207495]That story didn’t arrive in time for our deadlines, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Mike, that’s just not true! I read the same story in the Observer and online. In the printed edition of the Observer, Vouyoukas’s comments were omitted. Geez!!!

[QUOTE=run49er;207496]Mike, that’s just not true! I read the same story in the Observer and online. In the printed edition of the Observer, Vouyoukas’s comments were omitted. Geez!!![/QUOTE]

I could be wrong. The version I got at my house in Iredell County didn’t have any quotes at all. I didn’t personally omit them, but if someone did they shouldn’t have.

What were Voyoukas’ comments about Hansbrogh??

Here’s what he said. If Coach Soderberg had said that, then he would have been reprimanded by the A-10 (well, maybe not!).

Ian Vouyoukas had 14 points and 12 rebounds for Saint Louis (9-3). He guarded Hansbrough much of the game, getting help from double- and triple-teaming near the basket.

[b]Vouyoukas thought Hansbrough got help from the officials.

“I think if he was a normal player he would have fouled out about three times,” Vouyoukas said. “He’s untouchable, apparently.”[/b]

Link: Sportsline.com

Nothing earthshattering, new, etc. Actually, sort of the thing you would say about Vouyoukas if you’re on the other team! I just found it interesting that the Big O omitted it from the story.

BTW, here’s what Gary Parrish had to say about BC’s loss to Duquesne…

Boston College heads into Sunday's game with Northeastern on a two-game losing streak after Thursday's loss to Duquesne. [b]And though many will point out that neither Jared Dudley nor John Oates played for the Eagles in the latter defeat, it's no excuse. Hard to accept a school -- or its fans -- playing the we-were-down-some-players card when the opponent had five players shot in the preseason and a coach being treated for abdominal pain in a Pittsburgh hospital. If you're an ACC school, you win that game.[/b] That BC didn't -- in the same season it had already lost at home to Vermont -- makes Al Skinner's team look like something other than the squad many predicted to finish second in the ACC.

Link: Sportsline.com

Thanks Run

I like Parrish’s write up of it. :thumbsup: