Games of interest, Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Miami (15-4, 2-3) at [B]Wake Forest[/B] (12-6, 2-3), 7:00
Evansville (6-13, 1-8) at [B]Southern Illinois[/B] (10-10, 5-4), 8:00

Can the home teams win tonight? Wake Forest is honoring their NCAA championship men’s soccer team at halftime, so their crowd should be excited.

Miami 68
[B]Wake Forest 70[/B]

Evansville 39
[B]Southern Illinois 59[/B]

The ACC is really beating each other up this year. Miami beats Clemson at home then goes and loses to Wake… Looks like its the Dookies the Fairy’s and the rest…

Miami 68 [B]Wake Forest 70[/B]

Evansville 39
Southern Illinois 59

SIU should go on a run now, their toughest game is Creighton at home, and their road games are against mediocre teams.

I’m pleasantly surprised that WF is actually winning some games in conference. Good for us.

They already beat Creighton at home, they have them away, they have Drake at home though, is that what you ment?

[QUOTE=9erken;289786]SIU should go on a run now, their toughest game is Creighton at home, and their road games are against mediocre teams.[/QUOTE]
Actually, SIU still has to play Northern Iowa home and away, Valley leader Drake (#9 RPI) and 2nd place Illinois State (RPI #45) in Carbondale, Creighton in Omaha, and Bradley and Wichita State on the road, as well as an ESPN Bracketbuster game.

BTW, including SIU, there are 6 teams in the Valley bunched in the middle of the pack at 5-4 or 4-5. Yes, the Salukis are playing better, but they are still basically a .500 team this year.

The ACC is really beating each other up this year. Miami beats Clemson at home then goes and loses to Wake... Looks like its the Dookies the Fairy's and the rest....

And this is different from every other year?

Actually, SIU still has to play Northern Iowa home and away, Valley leader Drake (#9 RPI) and 2nd place Illinois State (RPI #45) in Carbondale, Creighton in Omaha, and Bradley and Wichita State on the road, as well as an ESPN Bracketbuster game.

BTW, including SIU, there are 6 teams in the Valley bunched in the middle of the pack at 5-4 or 4-5. Yes, the Salukis are playing better, but they are still basically a .500 team this year.

Oops, I meant toughest game would be at Creighton, but worded poorly. SIU seems to play much better at home, I think they will beat Drake and ISU in Carbondale (where they are 7-2 with losses to Indiana and Butler). Northern Iowa, Bradley, and Wichita St are ok teams, but SIU should beat them. They’ve lost some real heartbreakers: buzzer beater by Butler, 2 OT’s at Indi St., and by one at MO st. That neutral site win over Miss St. sure looks good right now. I think they’re a better team than their record indicates, unless they continue to be unlucky. We’ll see though, their offense is as bad as their defense is good.