Games of interest, Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cincinnati (4-4) at [B]Xavier[/B] (7-1), 7:00
[B]Massachusetts[/B] (6-2) at Boston College (7-1), 9:00
Stony Brook (2-7) at [B]Hofstra[/B] (1-4), 7:00
Ohio (5-2) at [B]Maryland[/B] (6-4), 8:00

Two games in the A10 tomorrow, but both are biggies.* Xavier can’t afford to lose the Cross-town Shootout this year.* I don’t think they will and I’m calling a 23 point win right here.
UMass needs to beat BC to keep building their resume.

Cinci @ X on ESPN2 at 7pm and UMass @ Boston College on ESPNU at 9pm.

X and UMass did there jobs. Maryland loses to Ohio? Hofstra took an L to another powerhouse. A10 is looking damn good though.

will we lose rpi if we beat hofstra?

[QUOTE=Submarley734;276511]X and UMass did there jobs. Maryland loses to Ohio? Hofstra took an L to another powerhouse. A10 is looking damn good though.[/QUOTE]

One good thing about the Maryland losing to Ohio, Temple beat Ohio. With Ohio winning, that is going to raise Temple’s RPI which will help us since Temple is one of the Niner’s home & home conference opponents.

[QUOTE=dax;276512]will we lose rpi if we beat hofstra?[/QUOTE]

Probably. But, hopefully they will beat a few teams in conference play (that they shouldn’t beat) and help us out.

Cincinnati 59
[B]Xavier 64[/B]

[B]Massachusetts 83[/B]
Boston College 80

Ohio 61
[B][COLOR=Red]Maryland 55[/COLOR][/B]

Stony Brook 77
[B][COLOR=red]Hofstra 74[/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=dax;276512]will we lose rpi if we beat hofstra?[/QUOTE]
LOL, better worry about losing RPI if we beat Maryland.

[QUOTE=HP49er;276520]LOL, better worry about losing RPI if we beat Maryland. [/QUOTE]

Better just worry about beating Maryland.

[QUOTE=VA49er;276532]Better just worry about beating Maryland.[/QUOTE]
QFT. But they are not good.

Better just worry about beating Maryland.

Exactly. This game has turned into us avoiding a bad loss as opposed to getting a quality win.

Xavier/Cincy game was pretty entertaining. I thought Cincy actually looked pretty good… they were killing X on the boards. Not sure how they have 5 losses already.

Hofstra has an RPI of 309 this morning. We definitely can’t afford to lose to them.

Yeah our OOC schedule looks good on paper, but is turning out to be very average.
Who would have thought that two ACC teams may hurt us.
But, we just need to worry about winning and everything will work itself out.

Hard to believe the ACC is the #1 ranked conference when they look to be just above average. I guess it show how good scheduling of “decent” teams and beating them will aid the RPI.

The ACC is an excellent conference if you dont look beyond UNCCH, Dook & Clempson.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;276582]The ACC is an excellent conference if you dont look beyond UNCCH, Dook & Clempson.[/QUOTE]
NA, how is that possible when we read and are told that the ACC is THE best conference year in and year out? This might be the year that ALL 12 schools make the field of 64 (+1)!!! :rolleyes: :tongue:

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;276582]The ACC is an excellent conference if you dont look beyond UNCCH, Dook & Clempson.[/QUOTE]

Clemson sucks

Hard to say about Clemson… undefeated so far, but they haven’t played anyone in the RPI top 100 yet. They play Puerto Rico Mayaguez next. :huh:

Maryland may be bad at winning games, but they are a scary team. I know that sounds quite weird…but they’re someone we definitely need to bring it against.