Gardner-Webb Fan here

Greetings. Our crowd is really looking forward to our short trip to Charlotte this weekend. We have all heard great things about the new stadium and the environment. I think it is going to be a great game.

I’m hoping you can help us out here. From what I am able to read on-line about the parking situation, it appears that most of the football fans are expected to park in garages. Not really conducive to tailgating. Does anyone know if it is possible for visiting fans to park in a tailgating area on campus? If so, what is the charge and that sort of thing? We usually have about 10 cars traveling together so we are looking for some good space.

Thanks for any assistance and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Go Runnin’ Bulldogs!

I’m sure GW’s athletic department has notified all of you who bought tickets through the school, but I wanted to be neighborly nontheless. Due to an on-campus event the game has been moved to Sunday morning at 9:00 am.

Good luck and have fun!

I don’t think you can purchase a pass to one of the tailgating lots, but here is a link about parking for football.

https://pats.uncc.edu/football-parking?DB_OEM_ID=23200

[quote=“elcid83, post:1, topic:28289”]Greetings. Our crowd is really looking forward to our short trip to Charlotte this weekend. We have all heard great things about the new stadium and the environment. I think it is going to be a great game.

I’m hoping you can help us out here. From what I am able to read on-line about the parking situation, it appears that most of the football fans are expected to park in garages. Not really conducive to tailgating. Does anyone know if it is possible for visiting fans to park in a tailgating area on campus? If so, what is the charge and that sort of thing? We usually have about 10 cars traveling together so we are looking for some good space.

Go Runnin’ Bulldogs![/quote]

Welcome to the board and we are excited about this coming weekend! Have been kind of curious how this works for visiting fans as well.

There are plenty of surface lots that we use, but they are all segmented off by donor level. The parking decks are an option as well. I am sure the school has some space set aside for tailgating for the visitors, just don’t know exactly where. The Central folks had some at the alumni house I know.

Reach out to [font=arial][size=1em]niner@uncc.edu [/size][/font][font=verdana][size=0.7em] [/size][/font]

It doesn’t look like there are visitor tailgate lots (if you email, you’ll hopefully get an official answer). If not, I suggest parking in one of the desks close to a good tailgate lot and join in. I’ve only been to one away game (JMU) and they were more than welcoming to outsiders. I would hope that Charlotte would be no different. I also hope that making that suggestion doesn’t get me banned.

Agree 100% come on down to the normbulance!

[quote=“elcid83, post:1, topic:28289”]Greetings. Our crowd is really looking forward to our short trip to Charlotte this weekend. We have all heard great things about the new stadium and the environment. I think it is going to be a great game.

Go Runnin’ Bulldogs![/quote]

The best lot for you would be the Purple lot if it isn’t sold out. It is 17.70 to park there.

An other option if you can get there early: On the bottom level of the Union Deck (yellow lot), to the right as you pull in, there are parking spaces that butt up to large open “windows” (for lack of a better term.) On the other side of the wall is an open grassy area. A few NCCU folks backed their SUV’s into those spots, and set their tents up on the other side of the wall in the grassy area. One even had a TV in the “window”. I was pretty impressed by their set up as I walked by.

If you can get there early enough to grab one of those spots, that’d be my recommendation. There are also spots around towards the back of the deck on the first level that have a grassy area behind them, but you’d have a wall to hop over.

Either way, if you can’t find a surface lot that’s a great way to get around the “no grilling in the parking decks” rule.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:8, topic:28289”]An other option if you can get there early: On the bottom level of the Union Deck (yellow lot), to the right as you pull in, there are parking spaces that butt up to large open “windows” (for lack of a better term.) On the other side of the wall is an open grassy area. A few NCCU folks backed their SUV’s into those spots, and set their tents up on the other side of the wall in the grassy area. One even had a TV in the “window”. I was pretty impressed by their set up as I walked by.

If you can get there early enough to grab one of those spots, that’d be my recommendation. There are also spots around towards the back of the deck on the first level that have a grassy area behind them, but you’d have a wall to hop over.

Either way, if you can’t find a surface lot that’s a great way to get around the “no grilling in the parking decks” rule.[/quote]
Similar option exists over by the pay-cash-on-gameday Cone decks (pink deck). Big grassy area there.

As someone getting their Master’s at GWU & having a church member QBing GWU, I’m still going for UNCC.

Probably the best option for visiting tailgating. After being on the road for the last 2 weeks, the tailgating folks I met at JMU and Presbyterian were good folks. I am hopeful we would be the same if Gardner-Webb fans tailgate nearby.