Gaudio Out At Wake Forest

Deserves it’s own thread

http://www.wxii12.com/sports/23080340/detail.html

Wonder if they’ll be targeting Kelsey?

Crazy.

You’d think Wake Forest would be able to target a current head coach before an assistant…

Rusty Larue.

Can’t say I’m surprised, even with their trip to the Dance.

This certainly doesn’t help our situation. With two ACC openings, I’m getting a little anxious about filling our position. We need to get someone locked in quickly or we risk getting turned down all the way through Plan E or beyond.

You’d think Wake Forest would be able to target a current head coach before an assistant…[/quote]

Yes, but he worked there for 8 years so they know him very well.

If he is the rising star that people have made him out to be, there is no doubt Wake Forest is going to give him a call.

This is why I said we have to do this quicker than we have been. WE are just allowing for more bargaining chips for prospective coaches and other opportunities that they may take over ours.

Butler is going to hate Wake Forest

This not good news for us (unless we already have a coach)

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:8, topic:22985”]Butler is going to hate Wake Forest[/quote] Good thought, hope it works out for them.

We need to land Kelsey now! And have him lure away some of their players that are connected to him.

We certainly don’t have a coach. Could Wake Forest make a push for Brad Stevens?

Could we go after Gaudio??

Wow

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:12, topic:22985”]We certainly don’t have a coach. Could Wake Forest make a push for Brad Stevens?

Could we go after Gaudio??[/quote]

Yes please.

This is no surprise. Lots of Wake fans wanted this.

Get whoever recruited JT Terrell.

… And Tyler Lewis …

… And whoever else we’ve been after.

Could be great news, actually.

Wake could have chosen Kelsey over Dino two years ago, and didn’t. They also let him get away as an assistant. They aren’t going to go after him now. But it does complicate things for us. Damn this string theory!

Winston Salem media reports that Buzz Peterson has already applied for the vacancy.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted to talk to Chris Mack.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:18, topic:22985”]Winston Salem media reports that Buzz Peterson has already applied for the vacancy.[/quote]I think he calls AD’s in February to get his name on the waiting list in case of vacancy.