Georgia to go after XU's Sean Miller?

You're right, nobody can compete with big six money... and if Georgia wants Miller, they'll get him.

But this is basketball we’re talking about. Putting up enough money to convince Miller to leave Xavier would mean taking money out of football.

This is Georgia we’re talking about. That won’t happen.

Now, can they come up with Bobby Lutz money? Sure would be nice…

I don’t think Georgia has any problem raising money for its athletics program

[QUOTE=gotLutz;381494]I don’t think Georgia has any problem raising money for its athletics program[/QUOTE]

They’ve got plenty of money, almost all of it going to football.

Basketball is an afterthought.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;381495]They’ve got plenty of money, almost all of it going to football.

[B]Basketball is an afterthought[/B].[/QUOTE]

That’s how most of the SEC feels about basketball

[QUOTE=moss2k;381503]That’s how most of the SEC feels about basketball[/QUOTE]

I don’t think that is true. Florida, UK, Vandy, UT, Arkansas, and LSU all care enough about basketball. I wouldn’t say basketball is primary at anyone other than UK and Vandy, but they certainly get play there. I think UGa would be much more adamant about their program if it hadn’t come under sanctions after a certain coach was there.

Judy should give Bobby a raise and another extension, so Georgia or Xavier doesn’t steal him from us.:huh:

:49ers:

Looks like Bob Knight might be taking the job

Just wonder if anyone else has noticed that Bobby Knight has had his publicity machine working overtime trying to get him that UGA job.Isn’t it curious how since he’s become a “part of espn’s team” that the scroll at the bottom re: headlines mentions how Knight never said he was out of coaching and how he hasn’t yet been contacted for the UGA job…He and ESPN have been conducting one of the most blatant P.R. jobs to get his name out there ever! He took the T.Tech job,did very little with them but kept it long enough until he could personally hand it to his son(who is no genius) and than split…always knowing that he wanted a major job after that.ESPN is just his personal platform(along with his agent…err…buddy Dickie V.,for keeping his name/face out in public.