Gerald Henderson

Didn’t score a single point in 18 minutes of play with Minnesota in the summer league today.

does summer league really matter? That is just like saying Bowden will be awesome this year b/c he averaged 20 points in Canada. Or that David Carr will be good b/c he completed 85% of his passes in preseason.

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;418759]does summer league really matter? That is just like saying Bowden will be awesome this year b/c he averaged 20 points in Canada. Or that David Carr will be good b/c he completed 85% of his passes in preseason.[/QUOTE]

Which is why him not scoring ANY points in a summer league game is even more scarier

If we were judging how good he was going to be because he scored 30 points in a summer league that would be different.

I pay zero attention to any type of summer league/ preseason/ or any other type of non official game play. They [U][I][B]never[/B][/I][/U] translate consistently.

He may turn out bad, or he may turn out great. However, we will not find out from summer league.

Adam Morrison had like 26 the other day. I think that gets the point across about how important summer league is.

i’m torn about what to think somewhat. However, scoring 0 isn’t good in any league. I would be willing to bet that there was never a summer league game that Brandon Roy, Kobe Bryant, Gerald Wallace, Raja Bell, or any big time player didn’t even score a single point in and Henderson played around 20 minutes.

The only question I have is whether he was kinda shunned by the Minnesota players because he was a Bobcat. He only took 3 shots. I think it’s sad that Charlotte couldn’t field it’s own summer league team.

Adam Morrison had like 26 the other day. I think that gets the point across about how important summer league is.

Exactly!

2 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist > 5 points in the summer league. Sounds like he’s hustling yet not shooting. Ellington was 2-12 but had more points. Why is this a thread?

Personally, I could care less if Henderson scores 50 or zero points in a summer league game.

Why is this a thread?
Good question.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;418776]2 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist > 5 points in the summer league. Sounds like he’s hustling yet not shooting. Ellington was 2-12 but had more points. Why is this a thread?[/QUOTE]

well, from watching the bobcats, i believe they could use a shooter. did you see how many ppg they averaged last year?

well, from watching the bobcats, i believe they could use a shooter. did you see how many ppg they averaged last year?

That has to do with the style that Larry Brown imposed on the team. The majority of that statistic was also formed in the first half of the season when the guys still were trying to put it all together. Look at the last 30 games or so and you’ll see that the ppg went up because they became more familiar with the style of offense that was being asked of them.

0-3, big freaking deal, he didn’t shoot the ball. If the Bobcats cared so much about the Summer League, they’d would’ve fielded a team this year, and they would not have traded away Adam Morrison who’s currently 2nd in PPG.

Did you know the Detroit Lions were the only undefeated team in NFL preseason play last year?..

The only question I have is whether he was kinda shunned by the Minnesota players because he was a Bobcat. He only took 3 shots. I think it's sad that Charlotte couldn't field it's on summer league team.

I think it may have something to do with this. Derrick Brown started off real slow when he was with Utah last week but ended up having a big game by the end of the week. Granted, Utah’s coaches would probably put across the team concept in my mind more than Minnesota.

Did you know the Detroit Lions were the only undefeated team in NFL preseason play last year?....

People just continue proving the point that preseason, summer leagues, draft predictions, etc just don’t matter!

Can someone just shoot this thread and put it out of its misery!

Me, moss and NLP watched Phaler drop about 30+ pts in a summer league a few years ago. And I’ve also seen guys as good as Leemire and Galen appear almost non-existant. Summer leagues are fun to watch as far as getting your bball fix in early, but that’s about it.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;418880]Me, moss and NLP watched Phaler drop about 30+ pts in a summer league a few years ago. And I’ve also seen guys as good as Leemire and Galen appear almost non-existant. Summer leagues are fun to watch as far as getting your bball fix in early, but that’s about it.[/QUOTE]

that’s the truth. Carlos Williams looked good too, and we all know how that worked out.

[QUOTE=moss2k;418894]that’s the truth. Carlos Williams looked good too, and we all know how that worked out.[/QUOTE]

Ha…yeah, Carlos “The Next Colson” Williams, I believe some called him?

[QUOTE=ninerball49;418776]Why is this a thread?[/QUOTE]

It’s the offseason.