Getting Wilderness more into the...

ā€¦offensive flowā€¦How do we do it? Seems he should be averaging 5-8 more pts per game. Leeā€™s taking a lot of shots.

[QUOTE=NinerFan;286481]ā€¦offensive flowā€¦How do we do it? Seems he should be averaging 5-8 more pts per game. Leeā€™s taking a lot of shots.[/QUOTE]

Good question. I love his hook. He seems to be pretty good at posting up. If weā€™re gonna put Mack behind the 3pt line then get him the ball a couple times and let him post his man. Heā€™s very good at driving to the basket but anybody that scouts us knows to expect it. He has got to work on his jumper over the summer.

Canā€™t expect to much from the freshman.

His game is quite limited now and most teams know he is a power player with a inconsistent outside shot. There are only so many plays u can do with Wilderness taking it stong to the hole. But yes a couple more touches to let him create would not hurt.

send that boy to Lutzā€™ FT shooting school and we win the game. A very good player just missing a couple of piecesā€¦

until Anjuan can shoot mid range J, he wonā€™t score. His defenders play him way off the ball or ā€œsagā€ off him. Which makes it impossible for him to use his penetrating skills.

He is good in the open floor and secondary break, but for some reason we really donā€™t focus on early offense. As a freshmen he seems to be on track with our past freshmen, who were high scorers later in their careers.

Also, on the FTatt, it is hard to believe that he is right below Lee in # of attempts, 90 to 84. So he gets fouled going to the hoop often.

For a freshmen itā€™s seems we really rely on his defense, if he is out and the other team starts scoring, Lutz puts him back in quickly.

Not guaranteeing a conference POY award, but Wilderness reminds me of a freshman Eddie Basden. Heā€™ll be alright, heā€™s still learning.

Yea I agree once Wilderness can get a little work done on his jumper so that teams will have to respect that too, heā€™ll be a very good (and complete) player.

Hey, Iā€™m a fan of Wilderness. Iā€™m just thinking we need to try and ā€˜coach him upā€™ at this pt in his development. He has huge upside-> Can we make that happen sooner?

Iā€™m a fan as well.
-Heā€™s proven when teams back off him he can make them pay (Wake Forest game)
-The only work I think he needs is on his outside / midrange game so he can be a complete player in the future for us.

We need to get Coley, Wilderness, Gerrity and Dew to go to the gym and take 1000 15-20 foot shots every day. All the players Iā€™ve mentioned are good basketball players, but bad shooters.

Wilderness reminds me of Eddie as well. I have said this several times to others. He has an intensity on defense that is contagious and seems so happy to be here playing with this team. He is a freshman, so I expect mistakes and for him to be less confident at times than Lee or someone else with more experience. When he can drive to the lane, he needs to take it. He draws plenty of fouls, but needs to hit the FTs. If he can develop a mid-range jumper or fall away for when he postsā€¦well that will help the offense to have someone else to run the ball through.

[QUOTE=EE9er;286625]We need to get Coley, Wilderness, Gerrity and Dew to go to the gym and take 1000 15-20 foot shots every day. All the players Iā€™ve mentioned are good basketball players, but bad shooters.[/QUOTE]

Make everyone shoot more FTā€™s at the end of practice. Hit em while youā€™re tired in practice, then you will be able to hit em while youā€™re tired in the game.