Glaxo Holiday Tourney

I see where you are coming from when you talk about Fleming from Centennial. The guards he was playing against looked on the slow side, therefore making him look as fast as dijuan. Still, I think he is underrated and we should take a closer look at him.

I didn’t get to see[B] Akeem Richmond[/B] play, but hopefully we are recruiting him. Did he look like he could handle the point out there Ruckus? Apparently he is being recruited by big-time schools such as UNC, NC State, Florida, and Texas, but is looking for a situation where he can come in and get playing time right away.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=58429&sport=2

All the videos I just watched on Akeem Richmond make him look liked a 2G. Maybe they are misleading. Great looking shot and looks like he can finish around the basket.

I personally think Richmond can play the point for us. I think he wants to go to those bigger schools but I dont really believe theyre showing that much hardcore interest in him. I believe he can play the point for us and he can score the ball. He also can really shoot it, possibly a Diego type. Dijuan is solid but doesnt shoot the ball well from deep. Richmond is the best scorer on his team by far so they like to use him at the 2, however, he did bring the ball up the court quite a bit and did a solid job.

I think Tyreak Johnson is the type of player along with Richmond that we’ve been looking for. A 4 year player that can improve every year. Johnson or Richmond could easily be our backup point guard right now and could get the ball up the court against big time competition, but I think Richmond is more of a playmaker.

i think we have really lowered our expectations for the program. we have one point guard who will be a senior and play in an offense that gives our guards a lot of freedom. give me one reason why we cant land at least a four star point guard. i know people will say “the acc takes them all.” they cant land everyone. if we cant land a point guard in acc country then lets go somewhere else and recruit. i love to see the underrecruited guy make it big as much as the next guy but the odds are against that happening.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;373237]i think we have really lowered our expectations for the program. we have one point guard who will be a senior and play in an offense that gives our guards a lot of freedom. give me one reason why we cant land at least a four star point guard. i know people will say “the acc takes them all.” they cant land everyone. if we cant land a point guard in acc country then lets go somewhere else and recruit. i love to see the underrecruited guy make it big as much as the next guy but the odds are against that happening.[/QUOTE]

Lets be honest, though. I used to wonder how guys would not want to come here and rather go to Clem, VT, FSU and be assured of never playing in the NCAA’s. Well, don’t look now, but we dont go to the NCAA’s either.

This just in - starting the recruiting process a week before the season 'cause your other PG abruptly, and without warning, leaves the program pretty much precludes you from landing a blue chip PG.

Captain Obvious has been derelict in his duties.

i think we have really lowered our expectations for the program. we have one point guard who will be a senior and play in an offense that gives our guards a lot of freedom. give me one reason why we cant land at least a four star point guard. i know people will say "the acc takes them all." they cant land everyone. if we cant land a point guard in acc country then lets go somewhere else and recruit. i love to see the underrecruited guy make it big as much as the next guy but the odds are against that happening.

When did we ever successfully land 4-star players consistently?

we have landed a lot. curtis, eddie, braswell, iti, jobey, etc. why cant we land them consistenly?

you can add Greer to that as well. Wasn’t Rodney up there too? I still don’t think that is landing “blue chips” consistently.

Well, he did just ask why we couldn’t land them consistently.

four stars arent blue chips. i understand how hard it is to land five stars but we should at least land four stars. we have enough going for us as a program.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;373278]four stars arent blue chips. i understand how hard it is to land five stars but we should at least land four stars. we have enough going for us as a program.[/QUOTE]

Do we??? Maybe in the past but what I have seen the last couple of years makes it hard for me to believe now. I believe we started out 1-6 this year if I am not mistaken.

Four star kids usually want to be on TV and do not want to travel to Lasalle in the dead of winter to play in a high school gym.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;373278]four stars arent blue chips. i understand how hard it is to land five stars but we should at least land four stars. we have enough going for us as a program.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, your argument that we are looking at less than 4 star players for our backup PG slot vacated when one of our players suddenly left the team means that we cannot land “4 star players” despite already inking Braswell for next year is… said simply… in a word…

[SIZE=7][FONT=Comic Sans MS]STOOPID[/FONT][/SIZE].

four stars arent blue chips. i understand how hard it is to land five stars but we should at least land four stars. we have enough going for us as a program.
we have landed a lot. curtis, eddie, braswell, iti, jobey, etc. why cant we land them consistenly?

Eddie was a 4-star… I don’t recall him being that highly rated. Curt was rated a 3 by some. Jobey, can’t recall. I think we should get 3 stars no problem, with a 4 star mixed in everyother year if we are lucky. You do realize that there are generally only like 25-40 5 star rated. Hell scout usually only ranks the top 25 5 stars. 3 stars can begin to occur around the 75th rank.

I don’t think many of us are lowering are expectations so much as you have a bloated idea of what level recruit this school schould bring in.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;373290]Seriously, your argument that we are looking at less than 4 star players for our backup PG slot vacated when one of our players suddenly left the team means that we cannot land “4 star players” despite already inking Braswell for next year is… said simply… in a word…

[SIZE=7][FONT=Comic Sans MS]STOOPID[/FONT][/SIZE].[/QUOTE]

Truth.

We’ll be lucky to get any HS PG that can actually give us meaningful minutes next year. I’d almost prefer we went the JUCO route with the backup PG, it’ll give us a better shot at landing a legit 3 year starter out of HS in '10.

And we need to make an NCAA tournament before we get back to expecting a top 100 player every year. Hopefully Braswell, Bowden, Sherril and the returning players lead us back sooner rather than later. As somone said ealier, the days when we could offer a great chance at making a yearly NCAA appearance are long gone, there’s no way that doesn’t hurt recruiting. Braswell chose us over a lot of teams with better recent NCAA history, hopefully we can take advantage and get back to the point where we expect NCAA bids.

My guess is that we are looking at [B]Bernard Sullivan[/B] - who I believe visited Halton last season. NC State is supposedly making their move to grab him.

This has nothing to do with Glaxo … but I’m sort of surprised that - after all the (deserved) fuss over Chris Braswell - no one is really talking about 4-star Jason Calliste. On rivals, he’s rated only 6 spots below Braswell on the Top 150. He’s dishing out a pretty good volume of assists, too, playing the point: [B][URL=http://www.maxpreps.com/north-carolina/basketball/quality-education-academy-(winston-salem)/jason-calliste/stats.aspx?athleteid=859aeddd-7ad2-47e0-b76a-2124a840e35b&ssid=08e31156-1f2d-4c08-b687-afb41d9f9601&urpath=,local,player]link[/URL][/B]

[QUOTE=survivor45;373299]My guess is that we are looking at [B]Bernard Sullivan[/B] - who I believe visited Halton last season. NC State is supposedly making their move to grab him.

I’m sort of surprised that - after all the (deserved) fuss over Chris Braswell - no one is really talking about 4-star Jason Calliste. On rivals, he’s rated only 6 spots below Braswell on the Top 150. He’s dishing out a pretty good volume of assists, too, playing the point: [B][URL=http://www.maxpreps.com/north-carolina/basketball/quality-education-academy-(winston-salem)/jason-calliste/stats.aspx?athleteid=859aeddd-7ad2-47e0-b76a-2124a840e35b&ssid=08e31156-1f2d-4c08-b687-afb41d9f9601&urpath=,local,player]link[/URL][/B][/QUOTE]

Calliste seems like he would be a great get for us, but it sounds like some bigger fish are getting involved with him. As the pool of recruits dwindles, his offers will only increase. It’d be huge if we could get him, but it seems like a bit of a longshot. Then again, Braswell was a longshot too, it’d be nice if we got two in one year.

[QUOTE=survivor45;373299]My guess is that we are looking at [B]Bernard Sullivan[/B] - who I believe visited Halton last season. NC State is supposedly making their move to grab him.

This has nothing to do with Glaxo … but I’m sort of surprised that - after all the (deserved) fuss over Chris Braswell - no one is really talking about 4-star Jason Calliste. On rivals, he’s rated only 6 spots below Braswell on the Top 150. He’s dishing out a pretty good volume of assists, too, playing the point: [B][URL=http://www.maxpreps.com/north-carolina/basketball/quality-education-academy-(winston-salem)/jason-calliste/stats.aspx?athleteid=859aeddd-7ad2-47e0-b76a-2124a840e35b&ssid=08e31156-1f2d-4c08-b687-afb41d9f9601&urpath=,local,player]link[/URL][/B][/QUOTE]

It may not matter but Bernard Sullivan is only a Sophomore that most people say can go to any school he chooses.

Plus I believe we were far more interested in the games that followed. It’s possible that we were watching multiple players because this year’s tournament featured a ton of legit D-1 players.

I would love to see Calliste come here. But is he a PG or SG? My gut says he’s a combo guard at best. He may get by 1 yr at a backup PG, then we can land another PG in '10

I love all this talk about Braswell. Man I’m getting excited.