Glaxo Holiday Tourney

I made my yearly trip to the Glaxo tournament. I was pleased to see Coach Kummer in attendance yesterday for most of the day. It was an awesome tournament. The championship is tonight. I wonder who we were scouting?

Are you sure you saw him there???

Delete Delete Delete…

[B][SIZE=7]DELETE!!![/SIZE][/B] this post.

Can I take my foot out of my mouth now?

?

Delete Delete Delete...

[SIZE=7]DELETE!!![/SIZE]

Ya think?!?!?! :ohmy:

*My bad, I thought it was still a dead period. Carry on.

bump… interesting

The dead period ended on the 26th. There were numerous coaches in attendance yesterday. Sidney Lowe rushed out to watch Wall, Leslie, and Word of God play the 2nd half last night when his game was over. I’m just wondering who we were there to see.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;372909]Delete Delete Delete…

[B][SIZE=7]DELETE!!![/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

No reason to delete. Dead period ended on the 26th, therefore, yesterday was slam packed with college scouts. Collins got in trouble for watching on the 26th.

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;372922]No reason to delete. Dead period ended on the 26th, therefore, yesterday was slam packed with college scouts. Collins got in trouble for watching on the 26th.[/QUOTE]

I edited my post. Sorry.

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;372922]No reason to delete. Dead period ended on the 26th, therefore, yesterday was slam packed with college scouts. Collins got in trouble for watching on the 26th.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I’m glad we know how to follow the rules. I just read that Collins article yesterday and got worried for a second when you posted that.

I have no idea who we were looking at. I went to that tourney a long time ago and saw Tim Thomas vs Charles Hathaway(?) ( he went to UT). That was a good game.

I want to know why we missed out on this guy-
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/preps/story/442289.html

Speaking of high school tournaments, nice piece about J. T. Terrell of Burlington Cummings in today’s Big O. The son of former Niner James “Trigger” Terrell lit up Concord for 52 last night in a game in the Bojangles’ Shootout at Marvin Ridge.

Links to stories on Charlotteobserver.com:

[b]Terrell lights up Shootout

Bojangles’ Shootout[/b]

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;372927]I want to know why we missed out on this guy-
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/preps/story/442289.html[/QUOTE]

You should probably pay a visit to the recruiting forum.

You should probably pay a visit to the recruiting forum.
and be sure you're looking at more than 90 days worth of posts. I think a lot of stuff gets double posted because of that.

True enough…

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16057&highlight=terrell]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16057&highlight=terrell[/URL]

Tayshawn Mabry impressed me more than anyone at the Glaxo the last few days. He is the real deal. Im just throwing some names out that we could have been there interested in–Akeem Richmond, Tyreak Johnson, Bishop Daniels, Sofi Delarosa.

I truly have no idea, I’m just throwing out some names of guys that havent committed yet that we may could have been checking out. Any other ideas. Glaxo has a website. Go check out the names and let me know if any of them ring a bell to you.

I personally hope we’re after Akeem Richmond. I believe he can play the PG for us.

Richmond is interesting. Scout profile commends his basketball IQ, but ESPN says he’s primarily a prolific scorer (who cant shoot from outside the arc) that needs to get stronger and get his teammates involved. They graded him high though.

I just got back from a full day at the tournament. It was a packed house starting around 4pm with a crowd that must have been around 1,000 outside that was not let in because of over capacity.

I think that Coach Kummer was there yesterday to see senior PG [B]Tyreak Johnson[/B] of Saint Raymond in NY. I read where he is fielding offers from A-10 and CAA schools, so add in the fact we need a PG next year and that makes sense.

[URL]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=77526&sport=2[/URL]

He didn’t really impress me in the game vs. Kinston tonight though. He was solid all-around, but didn’t create much of anything on offense and struggled to finish at the rim. It might of been because he was guarded by Reggie Bullock most of the game (who is headed to UNC in 2010), but still lacked quickness and scoring ability that college-level point guards should have.

A PG we SHOULD be looking at is [B]Ryan Fleming[/B], a senior out of Centennial High in GA. He is a Dijuan Harris clone with a deadly 3-point shot. Doesn’t look like he has any major offers, so we should be able to pick him up if we wanted to. He tore apart a really good Ravenscroft team and lead Centennial to the win.

[URL]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=70212&sport=2[/URL]

I think the solution for a backup PG has to start with [B]Hunter McClintock [/B]before these guys though. I watched him in this same tournament last year, and he was a whole level above the competition easily taking home MVP honors.

On a side note, Christ School (Mason Plumlee, Lakeem Jackson) defeated Word of God (John Wall, CJ Leslie) for the championship by 3 points in a thriller, despite Wall’s 28 points

I have to agree with you about Tyreak Johnson. He can handle the ball but wasn’t super impressive to me in the semi’s.

However, I have to disagree with you about the kid from Centennial. He is tiny and that isnt an understatement. The kid can’t weigh more than 130. He is quick and is a solid high school point guard. He wasn’t nearly as impressive as Akeem Richmond.

Ravenscroft guards aren’t very good. Don’t get me wrong Ryan Kelly and is good and Matt Wilson is ok, but there guard play is subpar for that tournament.

Glad the team from the mountains beat Word of God.

I wish I could’ve gone to some of these games/tournaments. I was the PA announcer for what must have been the worst holiday tournament in history in Concord. Several legit D-1 recruits on the girls’ side (two of which Charlotte is recruiting), but none… and I mean NONE… on any of the boys’ teams.