Glenn Patterson Jr. 2011 PG (2011 McDonald All American Games Boy Nominee)

Glenn Jr. Liked Charlotte from always visiting and attending Prep Stars Basketball camp, also he liked it due to that’s where his cousin Sakellie Daniels played as a female and had an outstanding career and plus due to his mother graduated from the college. He knew it was going to be hard to try to go play at his favorite school “Carolina” when they recruits the Nations Best and the recruiting system was overlooking him by not ranking him or evaluating him, and he out performed players in showcase and aau that are ranked, so he inform that he wanted to go some where that don’t target the top 10 players in the nation and UNC Charlotte was the school he said he wanted to go to as a Sophmore and a Junior. Now since no commitments or offers he’s want to go where he feels he’s wanted and can have the opportunity to play.

[quote=“Niner National, post:18, topic:24933”]Sounds kind of like a Trevin Parks. Talented kid at a small time school who gets overlooked.

I sure would have liked to have had Parks this year. He’s tearing it up in the CIAA.[/quote]

No doubt. Trevin is averaging 21.9 ppg this year and is the leading scorer for JCSU. Also has 4.7 apg. If he could have reached half of those averages for us we would be so much better. The time I saw Trevin play in high school and the few minutes I saw him when he got into the game at Charlotte, I didn’t see him have any problems handling the ball, either. Just a shame that something couldn’t have been worked out for him to stay.

I don’t speak for the coaching staff but I’m sure we would definitely want him as a walk on, you just have to understand that with all but 1 of our scholarships taken, and with all the guards we have coming in next year/our shortage in the post we really need a post player. Good luck to Glenn wherever he goes, I hope he gets a scholarship; but he should think about the idea of walking on at Charlotte. Things happen, just take a look at this year, sometimes you really need those extra players, and then they have a chance to prove it. Good luck.

how many walkons can you have on a team? Right now we have 3 for next year (should they all return)

Not sure if their is a limit but it seems the mothership brings them in shift change hockey style at the end of their games.

You could have more walk ons and just not take all of them on road trips I suppose.

Colby Lewis (who actually plays)
Ray Morgenstern (who I though we had just because of a lack of players vs Gardner Webb)
And?

Lamar Bradbury who is redshirting.

Oh yeah, I remember now, but I’m still completely lost as to why a walk on has to red shirt.

so when someone like Jackson Simmons leaves UNC-CH, he can’t go right right to another D1 program and play.

Oh yeah, I remember now, but I’m still completely lost as to why a walk on has to red shirt.[/quote]

I believe he was a transfer, so regardless of whether or not he was a walk-on, he still has to sit out the first season at his new school.

[font=impact]Glenn Help lead his team to the Sectional Championship game. Red Springs High matched up against Union High the #4 team in the bracket which they defeated the #2 team Monday night to advance to play Red Springs. Glenn and Jeremy both Seniors lead there team to advance to the sectional championship, Glenn hitting team high 29 points and Jeremy finishing with 20 points which 18 of them was from behind the arc. Here’s the link of the News Article of the game Fayetteville a step closer for Red Devils. The Sectional Championship will be played at Red Springs High Friday 02/25/2011 against James Kenan High. The address for Red Springs High is 509 North Vance St, Red Springs, NC 28377 game starts at 7pm. [/font]

FTFY

Thanks CharSFNiners. Here’s the first half of the Red Springs vs West Columbus High with ranked 6’9 PF Anthony Williams. Glenn hit 42 points.

Red Springs vs West Columbus Part I

2nd Half of the Red Springs vs West Columbus High

Red Springs vs West Columbus Part II

This is how Glenn Jr. play with talent around…

Glenn Patterson Jr, & Larry Brown Jr 09-10 Red Springs High

[font=arial]Red Springs High School[/font]

The Robesonian’s Boys Player of the Year: Patterson Jr. earns second POTY award

Red Springs guard Glenn Patterson Jr.Brad Crawford

Staff writer

RED SPRINGS — The end result in the 1A Eastern Regionals final may not have have satisfied Glenn Patterson Jr.’s passion for wins, but the uncommitted prep senior’s individual performances this season has concluded with the standout being selected as The Robesonian’s Player of the Year.

Patterson Jr., a four-year starter at Red Springs, edged out Fairmont’s Juwan Addison for the prestigious honor, averaging 25.2 points and 4.7 assists per game in his most successful campaign to date. He scored 30 or more points nine times and lit up West Columbus for a season-high 42 in the Three Rivers Conference tournament. In the postseason, Patterson Jr. guided the Red Devils to four wins before eventually falling to Pender one game away from the state championship game.

“A team is only as good as its leaders,” Red Springs coach Glenn Patterson Sr. said. “He was certainly one of our leaders and I feel like he’s well-deserving of the honor. He, along with Jeremy (McDowell) and our two other seniors, led us to where we wanted to be.”

The player of the year honor adds another trophy to Patterson Jr.’s career collection of hardware, a list of accolades that includes an all-state and county player of the year selection as a sophomore and a Shootout most valuable player nomination last season. Known for his offense, Patterson Jr. was equally impressive on defense, notching 3.8 steals per game.

“He would be an all-county caliber defender if we didn’t ask him to do so much on the offensive end,” Patterson Sr. said.

At this time, Patterson Jr. is undecided on his next step and hasn’t ruled out playing another year at a prep school. Potential college suitors hot on the recruiting trail include Tennesee Tech, St. Francis (Pa), Longwood and Campbell.

Patterson Sr. says his son is still weighing his options during his recruitment and that all interested colleges remain on equal footing.

“There isn’t a favorite,” he said. “We’ll sit down sometime soon, schedule some visits from the schools we’ve heard from and see what he wants to do.”

All-County Selections

Juwan Addison - Fairmont

Desmond Parker - Fairmont

Charlton Townsend - Fairmont

Juwan Jones - Purnell Swett

Glenn Patterson Jr. - Red Springs

Dijuan too. Dijuan said he always wanted to play for Charlotte.

[quote=“cdsniner, post:25, topic:24933”]Not sure if their is a limit but it seems the mothership brings them in shift change hockey style at the end of their games.

You could have more walk ons and just not take all of them on road trips I suppose.[/quote]

Dayton had at least 15 players in Charlotte.

it seems that u know him. would he consider walking on?