Glenn Patterson Jr. 2011 PG (2011 McDonald All American Games Boy Nominee)

Glenn Patterson Jr. 5’9 PG

[font=arial][size=small]Statistic:
Freshman 07-08
Set a record for most points score as a freshman on varisty at Red Springs 498 points
Average 22.3ppg 6apg
MVP for Red Springs High School Varsity Basketball & Baseball Team as a Freshman.
Most Valuable Runner Cross Country
2nd leading scorer in the conference.
All Conference First Team Basketball
All Conference First Team Baseball
All County First Team Basketball
All County First Team Baseball
3.833gpa

Sophmore 08-09
4.0gpa
Average 20.6ppg 5.2apg
All Tournament (East Columbus Holiday Classic)
All Conference Cross Country
All County Baseball
Red Springs High Most Vaulable Player
Robeson County Most Vaulable Player
North Carolina Prep All State Team

Junior 09-10
4.058gpa
17.00ppg 5.7apg 3.4spg 2.8rpg
Robeson County Christmas Tournament Most Vaulable Player
All Tournament First Team (Robeson County Christmas Tourn.)
Most Valuable Player of Red Springs Varsity Basketball
All Conference First Team Cross Country

Senior 10-Present
Currently holding a 4.1466gpa ranked number 7 in his class.
Averaging over 24ppg 5.1apg 3.8rbspg and 4.4stlspg
Gaining recognition from schools such as Clemson, Williams & Mary, Wake Forest.
Against a 4A School Purnell Swett, Glenn hit 36points, 12 rebounds, and 9 assist.
Currently have had 6 games he have scored 30 plus points
All Tournament First Team (Robeson County Christmas Tourn.)
2011 McDonald All American Game Boy Nominee[/size][/font]

">

Glenn Patterson highlight Glenn Patterson Jr. Class of 2011 PG

A message board is not the best place to be campaigning for Mr. Patterson’s recruitment. If you would like for our Coaching Staff to consider him I would suggest starting here.

We are pretty set at guard for the 2011 class (4 incoming/becoming eligible) but it never hurts to ask.

Good luck to Mr. Patterson as he handles the recruitment process.

Could be a Trevin Parks situation where he comes in as a walk on.

That didn’t end well for Trevin here. A better example is Dijuan Harris.

are we actually recruiting him as a walk on or is this just an idea? we do need more ball handlers.

UNC Charlotte had showed interest but no commitment.

Glenn Patterson Jr. goes for season high/career high 42 points to advance his team to the Conference Tournament Finals to play against the #1 2A Team in the State of North Carolina Fairmont High School which is ranked #8 in the State Of North Carolina out of all divisions and Preps.

Game will be at Fairmont High School, Fairmont, NC 02/18/11

My guess is that after signing Pierria Henry, our interest is minimal for Glenn. We are set in our back court, have to address our frontcourt needs.

Yeah, I cannot imagine us signing another guard. We have 6 on the roster for next season, but only three post players.

who does he have offers from?

Currently no offer from DI he have had Clemson, Wake, Williams & Mary considering to offer before Wake commitment at the PG position. I think Williams & Mary was going to offer but due to Glenn having to do more of the scoring it’s really not showing his true point guard side due to the talent level of his teammates. Depending if Glenn Takes his team to the State Championship, he have lots of teams having high/med interest that are wanting to get updates on a weekly basis but not ready to give an offer. Glenn has there first playoff game Monday night at Red Springs High if they win they will play Wednesday at Red Springs, if they win that game they will play Friday at Red Springs. http://robesonian.com/view/full_story/11517147/article-Defining%E2%80%88moments–Patterson-Jr–enjoys-final-stages-of-illustrious-Red-Springs-career?instance=lead_story_left_column

it sounds like you know this kid pretty well. would he consider walking on if not given any d1 offers. he sounds like a player and we could use another ball handler.

That would probably be something the coaching staff would need to speak with him and give him a understanding on being a walk-on for there team, and what they are needing for him to bring to the team. He probably would want to know if a scholarship offer will come the next year or the next semester. He does have other DI schools evaluating him. I think if they make it to the State Championship in which how there bracket looking they have a great chance of doing it He will probably get a DI offer, I keep in contact with Glenn inform him to keep playing hard, so all this will be his decision on what’s next. He has a great family in which they not going to allow him to make a wrong decision but not going to make his decision. So the Coaches would need to layout the blueprint of him starting a career as a walk-on at UNC-Charlotte, He is also great in Baseball so a Scholarship from you’ll baseball department would and could be another option for Glenn to be apart of UNC Charlotte i know this was his first choice a year ago but no commitment came, and his mother is an alumni of UNC Charlotte.

Part II of the News Article done on Glenn Patterson Jr.http://www.robesonian.com/view/full_story/11542282/article-Defining-moments-Part-II–Hostile-environments-nothing-new-for-Patterson-Jr–college-choice-soon?instance=secondary_sports_left_column

I would love to land this kid. Problem is, our last scholly HAS to go to a post player. Now if Gohkan or someone transfers, or he’s willing to walk-on for a year, sign him up! Thanks for all the info daking

Did Glenn play football? The picture in the article you linked shows Glenn to have a football player’s build. Just curious, as RB’s and QB’s always seem to make good basketball players because their court vision and toughness are usually better than a player who didn’t play football.

Glenn was the Quarterback and Runningback in Middle School and was something amazin to see on the football field. In my opinion Glenn was a better Football player then any of the sports he excel in even though he’s great on the diamond at the shortstop position. Glenn dream is basketball, I have been called to speak with Glenn since his freshman year to advise him to play football his family have spoken to him but Glenn inform due to Red Springs doesn’t block and the team wasn’t that good he wasn’t going to risk the chance of getting hurt playing football.

Sounds kind of like a Trevin Parks. Talented kid at a small time school who gets overlooked.

I sure would have liked to have had Parks this year. He’s tearing it up in the CIAA.

I agree with Chisox though, if he is willing to walk-on or if Gokhan (or anyone else) transfers, then I’d like to see it.

If it doesn’t happen, I’ll definitely keep an eye on him wherever he goes, he sounds like a great player.

if Gohkan leaves, that gives us the chance to either land a transfer with the extra scholarship or carry it to 2012 which is stocked full of bigs & sf’s, which we need.

I find it hard to not be intrigued by a kid who says Charlotte is his first choice.