Glenn Patterson Jr. 2011

Met his uncle this weekend, who helps with my son’s 15U AAU team. Said he is very interested in Charlotte, but isn’t getting mutual interest back?? Said he is getting interest from several majors. I don’t get it? Kid is only a sophmore and putting up nice numbers already consistently. Why do our coaches overlook the talent in our backyard?? Uncle even commented to me that Charlotte could easily land a top NC recruit every year if they wanted. I just don’t think our recruiting is worth a sh*t. We go after kids that are completely out of our league, then sign "leftovers’ and jucos to fill roster spots.

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/basketball/default/glenn-patterson-jr/stats.aspx?athleteid=333a1146-7e1b-4dbd-9c45-97411b5147af&ssid=08e31156-1f2d-4c08-b687-afb41d9f9601&urpath=,local,player

Met his uncle this weekend, who helps with my son's 15U AAU team. Said he is very interested in Charlotte, but isn't getting mutual interest back?? Said he is getting interest from several majors. I don't get it? Kid is only a sophmore and putting up nice numbers already consistently. Why do our coaches overlook the talent in our backyard?? Uncle even commented to me that Charlotte could easily land a top NC recruit every year if they wanted. I just don't think our recruiting is worth a sh*t. We go after kids that are completely out of our league, then sign "leftovers' and jucos to fill roster spots.

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/basketball/default/glenn-patterson-jr/stats.aspx?athleteid=333a1146-7e1b-4dbd-9c45-97411b5147af&ssid=08e31156-1f2d-4c08-b687-afb41d9f9601&urpath=,local,player

I’ve been saying that for years.

as much as i hate to quote pete carroll, what he said is true about recruiting. “if you cant recruit its because your lazy.”

as much as i hate to quote pete carroll, what he said is true about recruiting. "if you cant recruit its because your lazy."

Says the coach running a professional sports franchise in Southern California.

i understand that usc is a different situation but its true, if you work harder than the other guys you will win some of the battles for elite athletes.

It is a shame if we can’t get top talent (if that is what Patterson is, don’t know much about him) when they are interested in us to begin with.

Could it be the fact that he is 2 years out from playing with us? I could understand being ticked if he was a '10 recruit but a 2011 recruit? I know you want to get in early but I think the coaching staff has more immediate concerns right now.

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;401359]It is a shame if we can’t get top talent (if that is what Patterson is, don’t know much about him) when they are interested in us to begin with.

Could it be the fact that he is 2 years out from playing with us? I could understand being ticked if he was a '10 recruit but a 2011 recruit? I know you want to get in early but I think the coaching staff has more immediate concerns right now.[/QUOTE]

These days if your not “on the list” with these players as freshman/sophmores in High School you’ve already lost the battle. I’ve never seen the kid play, but I’ve talked to a good judge of basketball talent (his uncle) and looked at his stats as a sophmore. On paper the kid is pretty impressive. I’ll follow him to see where he ends up playing college ball.

These days if your not "on the list" with these players as freshman/sophmores in High School you've already lost the battle. I've never seen the kid play, but I've talked to a good judge of basketball talent (his uncle) and looked at his stats as a sophmore. On paper the kid is pretty impressive. I'll follow him to see where he ends up playing college ball.

Your right. It is also like the kid, and I mean kid, that UCLA was recruiting or had a verbal agreement with. Wasn’t he like 12 or 13?

We should be talking to any high school player with legitimate D1 aspirations that is interested in us.

Here is a list of players in the 2011 class in NC that I found on another forum, posted in 2006-

[U][B]TOP 10 RANKINGS[/B][/U]
  1. P.J. Hairston 6’3 PF/C (Greensboro, NC) Carolina Flight - Clearly established himself as the best player in North Carolina carrying his team all the way to the state finals before bowing out to the NC Gaters. Hairston averaged a double-double in both NCAAU pool play and in the state finals.
    TOP 25-30 PLAYER NATIONALLY

2. Jacob Lawson 6’4 C (Reidsville, NC) NC Gaters Blue - He is the best post athlete in the state and his potential is scary. Just waiting for him to bring it all together. Runs the floor and loves to get out in transition. Also a great rebounder in traffic and loves to finish with the dunk.
    TOP 30-35 PLAYER NATIONALLY

3. Bernard Sullivan 6’6 C (Gastonia, NC) Charlotte Royals - Was not with the Royals at their last tournament, there is some speculation he may move up an age group or even join another program. Regardless, a huge post presence and excellent hands. Not the best timing on defense, but still blocks shots and is an enforcer in the paint.
    TOP 50-60 NATIONALLY

4. Bishop Daniels 5’10 PG/WG (Garner, NC) 15&U Garner Road Bulldogs - May have the highest potential of any North Carolina prospect in this class; I won’t even put a ceiling on his talent. Plays at both the 14&U and 15&U level effectively and has a long body, could be 6’5-6’6 range by the time he finishes growing. Plays the 1-3 positions, but I would love to see his offensive perimeter abilities increase, both as a slasher and a shooter. Obviously his current ranking does not equal his incredible potential.
    TOP 55-60 NATIONALLY

5. Marquis Rankin 5’7 PG (Charlotte, NC) 14&U United Celtics - Plays alongside 2010 nationally ranked forward Jarell Eddie. Very similar game to Stevie Taylor in that he can shoot it from deep and penetrates with ease. Not a physical defender and gets in trouble for gambling at times. I love his instincts and court vision and he is still a solid prospect.
    TOP 55-65 NATIONALLY

6. Richard Daniels, Jr. 5’10 (Winston-Salem, NC) Winston-Salem Ticks Basketball - The most complete point guard in the state for his age division. Significantly under the radar because his team does not get the press that the state “AAU powerhouses” receive. Passes at a high level and is comfortable in both half-court and transition offenses. Decision-making could use improvement, but he is a great leader.
    TOP 60-70 NATIONALLY

7. Jacoby Davis 5’8 PG/2G (Charlotte, NC) 14&U United Celtics - Point guard that his really improved every season. Coach’s son with solid fundamentals and understands game situations very well. He doesn’t force play and is willing to make the extra pass. Probably rated higher by other services simply because he is one of the more well-known prospects.
    TOP 60-70 NATIONALLY

8. Quantrell Williams 5’9 WG (Charlotte, NC) United Celtics - Excellent slashing athletic prospect with a strong frame. Loves to make contact and finish the play with a basket and a free throw. Needs improvement on the perimeter on both sides of the ball, but rebounds particularly well for his position.
    TOP 75-80 NATIONALLY

9. Jacquise Moore 6’1 (Concord, NC) Charlotte Royals - Another promising slasher with a great feel for the game. Finishes will dunks and pull-ups in the lane and follows his shots nicely. Can create for himself and loves to run and finish on the break. High-energy is a big-game player for his team.
    TOP 90-100 NATIONALLY

10. Chris Richmond 5’8 (Burlington, NC) NC Gaters Blue - Great size for a point guard. Strong enough to post almost any guard and does so within the offense. Not a great finisher in the half-court set, but understands his role and makes his teammates better. Has the quickness too, his large and strong size is deceiving, but he has one of the better first-steps in the state at his age level.
    TOP 100 NATIONALLY

Heres a link with some rankings for the 2011 class-
http://buckeyeprepreport.com/2011_natl_2006-05-10.html
The list is pretty old.

I couldn’t find any information on Patterson and he doesn’t have a Scout page. Unless he starts making some noise in AAU ball I don’t think he will get much attention from any D-1 schools. What AAU team does he play for?

Here is a list of players in the 2011 class in NC that I found on another forum, posted in 2006-

I hope those guys have grown an inch or two since 2006.

I hope those guys have grown an inch or two since 2006.

Jacoby Davis is now around 6’1 so he’s grown 5 inches.

Rankin is 6’0, Hairston is 6’5, Lawson is 6’6 and Moore is 6’2. Hairston and Rankin are 4 star recruits. I have heard some rumors that Moore will be playing at Oak Hill next year, so i’m sure if he does that his name will be seen a lot more often. I Haven’t really looked up the other guys yet.

Glenn Patterson Jr, was POY in his conference as a sophomore this past season, also made NC All State Team as a Sophomore. Was also the Robeson County Player of the Year. Contacted Coach Glenn Patterson, Glenn Patterson Jr. currently holds a 4.0gpa and in the top 3 of his class.

[URL=http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w4JGoblKxA]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w4JGoblKxA[/URL]

[URL]http://www.robesonian.com/pages/full_story?article-Patterson%20named%20player%20of%20the%20year%20=&page_label=full_story&id=2103675&widget=push&open=&[/URL]