God Help Us All

[QUOTE=49erWhit;173517]Sounds like a Tim “Metro” Collie family reunion.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more Summey reunion!

[QUOTE=gotLutz;173512]Show me the evidence.[/QUOTE]

you must be really lazy or can’t operate google, but here it is:
http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/racing/125516

I was a little off, but not much:
According to NASCAR demographics data, 40 percent of NASCAR fans have household incomes above $75,000. Read the link.

When you google “nascar demographics” it looks like the avg income for the individual fan is $45000, the avg nascar family is $60+, and 40% earn over $75k.

Nascar is a big business. One of the fastest growing sports in the world. It is also becoming more diverse and extending to other countries.

Nascar is a very well run sport as well. Commissioners alike from all sports need to pay more attention to how Nascar is run. Alter the car, points are deducted, fines issued, and Crew Chief is suspended for 4 races at a minimum (11% of the races).

Could you imagine how baseball would react if every time a rule was broken, the minimum fine was $250,000 and a 30 game suspension.

The responses to this thread have told me more about NINER NATION residents than any one other thread I’ve seen. Kind of a “window to your souls” thing. Thanks for sharing.
Have a nice Mother’s Day, y’all!!

[QUOTE=49erWhit;173557]Nascar is a big business. One of the fastest growing sports in the world. It is also becoming more diverse and extending to other countries.

Nascar is a very well run sport as well. Commissioners alike from all sports need to pay more attention to how Nascar is run. Alter the car, points are deducted, fines issued, and Crew Chief is suspended for 4 races at a minimum (11% of the races).

Could you imagine how baseball would react if every time a rule was broken, the minimum fine was $250,000 and a 30 game suspension.[/QUOTE]

Big Business - well run - yes, but please don’t use “sport” and “nascar” in the same sentence. And as far as all sports running like Nascar? How can you break the rules and get a fine if you don’t even know what the rules are untill after the incident? I guess the NBA and Nascar are a lot alike in this area. Apply the rules based on who is involved in the incident.

Before my Nascar buddy jumps on me, I post this “sarcastically” as I have lived in Daytona or Charlotte most of my Adult life and don’t really have a problem with Nascar. And along the lines of “more like other sports”, Nascar should get the city to help pay for a museum, Oh wait a minute, they already did that - my bad, Lord knows Nascar executives and owners need the money.

You have to remember that NASCAR’s “demographics” are provided by NASCAR itself, so take them with a grain. That 75 million fans thing is funny to me, because if there are that many, about 70 million of them are doing something other than watching on TV on race day.

The funnier thing to me is that this discussion is on this board and smacks of elitism from non-fans, and elitism is exactly what you don’t like from the ACC, etc. That, and that Metro is the voice of reason.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;173621]
The funnier thing to me is that this discussion is on this board and smacks of elitism from non-fans, and elitism is exactly what you don’t like from the ACC, etc. That, and that Metro is the voice of reason.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is one of the signs of the apocolypse…

I dunno Mike, it seems a lot of people are defending NASCAR.

I know I can think of a particular program at UNC Charlotte that benefits from NASCAR. I’m done with that.

One thing I don’t like though is NASCAR playing Charlotte for fools (what else is new) to guarantee more public money for the Hall of Fame.

But other than that, I’m definitely down with the economic shot in the arm. If people don’t like it, wait till they announce they’re going to move the All-Star race elsewhere. That’s when people will find out how valuable it is to the business community.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;173624]I dunno Mike, it seems a lot of people are defending NASCAR.

[/QUOTE]

I know, it was only a couple of folks. And the NASCAR hall of fame thing was interesting … and I believe we’ve been sufficiently skeptical about that one.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;173617]Big Business - well run - yes, but please don’t use “sport” and “nascar” in the same sentence. And as far as all sports running like Nascar? How can you break the rules and get a fine if you don’t even know what the rules are untill after the incident? I guess the NBA and Nascar are a lot alike in this area. Apply the rules based on who is involved in the incident.

[/QUOTE]

curious, does nascar have a “drivers union” or “pit crew” union like the other professional sports, nba, nfl, mlb, etc.??? curious, would suprise me if they did.

PGA is well run sport also, every man for himself