Gold Helmets for homecoming

Finally. Here we go.

Go niners

1 Like

clt says that should be our helmet moving forward.

clt bets it is millenial approved

Agree. Would definitely like to see that be our helmet every week. Or possibly rotate with a metallic green for home & away games.

I like the way we are changing up our uniā€™s. I think we should never wear white helmets at home which we had done a couple of times in past couple of years. It should either be gold, black, or green. Same for white pants should be a no go at home.

The gold helmets were a touch silvery due to the chrome, but I still loved them. They look awesome in person.

Agreed

At least the rest of the season.

1 Like

I was saying that the whole game. These should be our main helmets.

1 Like

I made an account just because Iā€˜m opinionated on things like designā€¦

These helmets are awesome and the team looked sharp with this Uni. But, the school colors are green and white. Gold is simply an accent color. I love the simple white-green-white look (helmet-jersey-pants) and wish theyā€˜d consistently stick with that. Iā€˜d love to see gold facemasked permanently on the white helmet though. I canā€™t stand black-for-no-reason uniforms in general, but the all-black look is especially misguided here given our schoolā€™s lovely color pallet.

1 Like

The era where a team wears one type of uniform combo is over.

Forty Niners mine for GOLD. Accent color or notā€¦GOLD is the color everyone thinks of when you mention 49ers. Itā€™s not green or white or whatever the ā€œofficialā€ designation says it should be. Green and white is everywhereā€¦the GOLD is what makes us 49ersā€¦the GOLD is what makes us stand out. And we need to stand out. Just like the ā€œdrop the uncā€ movementā€¦we need to stand out on our own and be who we are.

We need to use GOLDā€¦unapologeticallyā€¦especially when it looks that amazing.

FWIW , Gold is on brand for Mike Hill too. #GoldStandard.

1 Like

Might as well get SGA started changing the colors to green and gold, maybe white as an accent or tertiary. One could argue the green and gold scheme is nearly defacto our colors based on merchandise and decorating. For example, the Union was green and gold for Homecoming.

Off the top of my head, the green and white colors predated the 49ers mascot. They were chosen to be complementary with the blue/white, red/white, gold/white colors used by the other schools in the UNC System at the time.

1 Like

When I was in school in the late 80s we wore gold for most of our home basketball games. Best looking unis we have had for basy in my opinion

2 Likes

Now that is an interesting point. Iā€™m not opposed to using more gold, because it looks really good! But before these gold helmets were revealed, I really thought the white-green-white was the cleanest look we had. Iā€™d get behind any movement that helped the school set itself apart.

2 Likes

More evidence we donā€™t really value tradition. Weā€™d like to say we do but we donā€™t. Always movement here to change this and that. Donā€™t have a problem with change or tradition, but we donā€™t seem to realize you canā€™t have it both ways.

D.O.B.A.

I was there 91-94ā€¦Henry & Jarvis in the gold unis is how I will always think of my first Niner sports experiences.

My favorite uniforms too.

Best uniform combo weā€™ve had for football. I just wish we had another night game remaining because I think those helmets would look even better under the lights. As the shade started covering the field Saturday, the gold stood out more.

When can we get the Ridell mini-helmets!?!?!?!