Good crowd noise last night

Forty (students) - Niners (alumni/faculty) sounded great.
D-Fense chant (good, not often enough, and follow it out…don’t fade)

For Memphis
Defense-Niners-Defense (I’ve missed that this year)
Lets go Niners (5 claps), then repeat

if small groups start it, others will follow. MAKE HALTON LOUD!

I noticed a couple of deadspots (especially in the middle of the 2nd half) in crowd noise when some would have been highly appropriate. Cheerleaders were sitting on their arses as were the dance team… I expected them to get something going but they didn’t during these lulls.

I thought the Niner Nation student section and gang green did an excellent job.

One chant during the second half was started by the upper deck students. I was amazed.

[i]Originally posted by KissMyAxe[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 11:50 AM [b]Forty (students) - Niners (alumni/faculty) sounded great. D-Fense chant (good, not often enough, and follow it out...don't fade)

For Memphis
Defense-Niners-Defense (I’ve missed that this year)
Lets go Niners (5 claps), then repeat

if small groups start it, others will follow. MAKE HALTON LOUD![/b]

it’s hard not to fade Dfense. The cheerleaders, 104, and gang green are all off by a little. so everyone just starts chanting faster. it usualy last about 20+ seconds, so that is long enough. Defense niners defense sounds girly to me. I wil do the claps though.

d d d defense

and where was the happy bday to eddie last night?

[SIZE=3]i think the whole arena needs to sing “we will rock you” the stomp stomp clap is a deadly combo!!![/SIZE]

clt likes these chants so change now:

no more “bullshit” chants, switch to " we could not disagree more"
when the other team is shooting a ft, silence until they start their shot, and then scream fire
up late in the game, “scoreboard"
when a player fouls out, chant " grab some bench, infidel”

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 01:37 PM [b] clt likes these chants so change now:

no more “bullshit” chants, switch to " we could not disagree more"
when the other team is shooting a ft, silence until they start their shot, and then scream fire
up late in the game, “scoreboard”
when a player fouls out, chant " grab some bench, infidel" [/b]

NA could not agree more with CLTs cheer suggestions.

[i]Originally posted by OriginalNinerNation1[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 01:31 PM [b]and where was the happy bday to eddie last night?[/b]
We sang it when they were doing the layup drills before the 2nd half while you were in the pisser.

I just wish Mr. Banks wasn’t such a clown. He would have been fun to heckle.

Carney and DWash it is. I think I’m going to have to do some serious research on Washington. I want to make him cry.

Yeah, I definitely like the being quiet during free throws and then screaming right when he releases the ball. I think we should try to get the word out about this one.

I like the “We Will Rock You” with the stomp, stomp, clap. Just don’t do it like the Bobcats – at their games, the PA announcer actually says “stomp, stomp, clap”.

And yeah, it is hard not to fade out on the chants – especially a little into the second half after we’ve been screaming for the past 45-60 minutes.

We need to get a uniform thing going when an opposing player fouls out. 104 sings “Kiss Him Goodbye” most of the time. At womens games the band has started doing a “Left! Right! Left! Right” chant as the condemned player walked to the bench, and then “Peace!” when she sits down… we’ve started it at mens games now, and we have most of 131 and 132 on board with us… but I think that’d be cool if 104 and GG joined in on it.

When they foul out, the band should play the first few notes of that funeral dirge and then the crowd stomps the last three notes (like when they carried injured players off the field in the Longest Yard)

Dum dum da dum…dum da STOMP STOMP STOMP

I thought noise was good overall EXCEPT late in the game when depaul shot some key FTs and our crowd was too quiet like they were skeered or something. Students, don’t be skeered when potentially game tying/leading FTs are shot by our opponents…be LOUD!!! Do that crazy hopping stuff you do and go AHHHHHHHHHH! You know…

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Feb 17 2005, 12:41 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Feb 17 2005, 12:41 PM)

We also used to chant “We Are…CHARLOTTE” but that was a while back…there is also GO NINERS GO…when a player fouls out chant left right left right as he is walking back to the bench with the pattern of his feet…and when he sits down say PEACE

we are charlotte is gay. Its like a bunch of retards learning their name. We are charlotte, well duh i thought you were cinci.

i didn’t say i liked it i just said we used to do it

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 05:17 PM [b] when a player fouls out chant left right left right as he is walking back to the bench with the pattern of his feet...and when he sits down say PEACE [/b]
Yeah Josh, I posted that before you did. But thanks for the reinforcement. B)
[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 05:21 PM [b] we are charlotte is gay. Its like a bunch of retards learning their name. We are charlotte, well duh i thought you were cinci. [/b]
totally agree dude.... i love the "go niners go" clap clap clap