Good Job, Beasley...

[QUOTE=NLP;426363]I’d pick on him if it was just the tattoo and weed, but if he’s having real problems with his mind, that’s no laughing matter. I’m gonna go high road and hope he gets his head straight.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Anything psychological is serious, not that issues with drugs aren’t either. Hope the best for him.

[QUOTE=cibik02;426366]ummm… like it or not, it’s still ILLEGAL. The NBA didn’t make it that way. Let’s not make this get put in the “other” thread.[/QUOTE]

So is speeding. Stay in the right lane please, law-abider.

So is speeding. Stay in the right lane please, law-abider.
so the NBA shouldn't dictate to their players NOT TO BREAK LAWS?

[QUOTE=cibik02;426398]so the NBA shouldn’t dictate to their players NOT TO BREAK LAWS?[/QUOTE]

The NBA’s job is to police and dictate basketball.

It’s the government’s job to police and dictate our personal lives.

The NBA's job is to police and dictate basketball.

It’s the government’s job to police and dictate our personal lives.

The sun is hot too

Yeah, but if I got arrested, I would at the very least be suspended.

Rehab for weed? Give me a F’in break. If having a weed addiction is the worst of his problems he should consider himself lucky. I know people that smoke weed every day of their life that do all kinds of jobs. In callifornia more people smoke weed than cigarettes. I’m guessing there are some underlying psychological issues here. Just because you make millions of dollars doesnt mean you can cope with not being loved(see T.O. or Mike Tyson). Who knows, he might not even like basketball that much. But FYI, weed is not on the ban substance list in the NBA. NBA players are notorious for being weed smokers and I think its fair to say about 99.9% of NBA players smoke. The only reason he got in trouble for it is because he was at a Rookie camp. The NBA policy is basically keep it on the DL and you wont have any problems. Get busted for it, or bring it to an NBA related event/property, then you have a problem. Hopefully for his sake he’ll get things straightened out, but i’m not suprised by any of this news. Ever since the whole Delonte thing and the sellout, I was glad that he didnt come here, and this only confirms my feelings. As disgusted as I am with the way our program as eroded the last several years, I have to say, Bobby runs a squeaky clean program and I prefer it that way. I dont ever want to be thought of like Cincy or Memphis, regardless of wins and losses.

While we were waiting on Beasley to get here there were only two kinds of news stories about him–basketball obviously, and the latest stupid thing that he had done at the latest high school he had enrolled in. He never took any personal responsibility for his actions and nobody ever called him on it because they wanted his basketball services. He lived a consequence free existance. Now he gets to the NBA where it is a business and he isn’t the biggest fish in the pond. They hold him accountable and what happens? He melts down. I guess that Ma Beasley should have spent less time on the message boards and more time being a parent. On the other hand she probably has a nice new Mercedes that costs more that I make in a year so maybe all is good.

I would like to throw in, in conjunction with other posters who have said the same, that “psychological issues” could very well mean severe mental trauma or even a mental disorder and that, even though his tattoo is really stupid, is NEVER a laughing matter. I hope he is able to get well.