Good Luck on MLS Player Combine Charles and James !

It sounds like you guys could get together, arrange a road trip to visit family and check Evan in action with the Montréal Impact at the same time.

[QUOTE]
. . .On Tuesday, Evan James, a 5-foot-11 striker from Mississauga, Ont., and the University of North Carolina Charlotte, was picked first overall by the Impact in the MLS Supplement Draft conducted by conference call.
James scored five goals and seven assists in 25 games, 23 as a starter, with the Charlotte 49ers last season. He helped UNCC reach the NCAA Division I national championship game, where it lost 1-0 to the top-seeded University of North Carolina Tar Heels.
“It’s a great feeling to come back to Canada, to show that we have talent,” said James, who worked out with the Impact Tuesday at the Marie Victorin Sports Complex in the city’s north end. “I hope to bring a lot of excitement and pace when going towards goal, create chances and hopefully score some goals.”. . .[/quote]

http://www.canada.com/sports/Impact+Patrice+Bernier+ready+handle+attention/6013350/story.html

D.C. United Selects Lance Rozeboom, Charles Rodriguez, Matthew Kuhn In 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft

Rodriguez was a defensive stalwart for the [b]Charlotte 49ers[/b], starting all but one of 83 games during a four-year career. Despite playing in the back line for the majority of his collegiate career, finished four years with six goals and four assists. As a senior, Rodriguez served as the team’s captain and was named a 1st Team NSCAA All-American after helping his team to the National Championship game for the first time in school history. In 2010, he was name the Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year and also scored three goals – all of which were game-winners. After his freshman year in 2008, Rodriguez was name to the A-10 All-Rookie Team and was also named as the Eagles’ Defensive MVP.
[url=http://www.dcunited.com/player/charles-rodriguez][font=times new roman]Charles Rodriguez[/font][/url]

Isaac Cowles 2012 InfoSport Pro Soccer Combine Participant Congrats! Isaac for the invitation to pre season with the Rapids.

[size=5]Isaac Cowles invited to Rapids preseason[/size]

Commerce City, Colo. - Hundreds applied, 60 were invited, and two made the final cut. At the conclusion of the three-day invite-only tryout combine, Rapids Technical Director Paul Bravo gathered the group of trialists and announced that the staff had selected defender Isaac Cowles and forward Sam Archer to join the Rapids for preseason training. "I'm just very thankful for the opportunity," said Cowles afterwards. "That's what it is right now, another opportunity for me to come out and play my best. I just feel so blessed and thank everybody at the Rapids for this opportunity." "I don't think it's hit me yet," said Archer. "It's an amazing feeling to have this opportunity. It was actually a last minute decision to come over here. I was like, "why not? go for it and try my luck." Bravo pulled the two players aside following Thursday's session to explain the next steps. Archer, who was scheduled to return to New York later in the day, will now remain in Colorado and join Cowles at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Friday. "Congratulations to you guys," Bravo told them. "Again, it's just the start. It's about how you conduct yourself from this point on." Cowles might be familiar to local soccer fans. The 6' center back grew up in Denver and went to Faith Christian High School before attending UNC-Charlotte for the past four years. Last December, Cowles started for the 49ers in the NCAA College Cup Final, where Charlotte fell to North Carolina 1-0. He played his club soccer at Real Colorado. Archer, born and raised in Queens, New York to Jamaican parents, had spent some time on the New York Red Bulls U-18 team and recently finished his fourth year playing at Rutgers University. He scored 33 goals in his senior year at John Adams High School in New York City. The two were not the first players at the tryouts to be given a chance to work out with an MLS team. Halfway through day one of the combine, two players left after learning they were selected in the MLS SuperDraft. The Portland Timbers picked trialist Ryan Kawulok with the 8th pick in Tuesday's draft and the Montreal Impact selected Steven Miller with the 39th overll pick. A third trialist, Matthew Rumery, has been invited to join the Sporting KC preseason camp. While Cowles and Archer have a long way to go before making the Rapids roster, they have some history on their side. In 2005, Steven Keel was signed by the Rapids after excelling at the tryouts. Keel this week signed on for his second season with the New York Red Bulls. In 2011, Steven Emory was one of two trialists to be invited to the Rapids preseason camp. After scoring goals in preseason matches against the Columbus Crew and LA Galaxy, Emory was offered a contract, and was re-signed for 2012 this week.

[size=5]Colorado Rapids invite Cowles to preseason training camp[/size]

[font=times new roman]Q&A with Supplemental Draft picks[/font] [font=calibri]Comments from Lance Rozeboom and Charles Rodriguez[/font]

awkward…

Really?

in what sense?

The Rapids need to go ahead and sign Mr. Cowles. They need help and can’t go wrong with him.

[size=5]Three trialists released, one added to start week two[/size]

in what sense?[/quote]

He was cut

As talented as he is. CRod will sign with a team soon.

Evan notched himself a goal in a preseason match vs. LA Galaxy (defending MLS champs) today.

He’s as good as signed.

[font=arial][size=6]Mallace, James and Garcia under contract[/size][/font]

Congrats, Evan!

[size=7]Evan James and Carl Haworth in Canada U23 roster[/size] [size=4]Congrats Evan ! ! ![/size]