Good PDN piece on Dunphy and Martelli

Philadelphia Daily News sportswriter Rich Hoffman writes about the longtime friendship between Temple’s Fran Dunphy and St. Joe’s Phil Martelli.

Philly.com: Rich Hofmann: Dunphy, Martelli: A friendship that’s hard to beat

Dunphy is gonna be a thorn in our side for as long as we’re in this league. He’s a little bit of a distant/distracted interview, but the guy can obviously coach. Temple hit a freaking home run there.

If Temple continues to get big guards, while we continue to get small guards, they are going to be a HUGE thorn in our side.

Ian has good size at 6’4, just needs to get quicker. Bowden is listed at 6’3 and supposedly fairly athletic. Moving in the right direction. However, I think Lee is a hell of a player, no matter how tall he is.

[QUOTE=moss2k;306189]Ian has good size at 6’4, just needs to get quicker. Bowden is listed at 6’3 and supposedly fairly athletic. Moving in the right direction. However, I think Lee is a hell of a player, no matter how tall he is.[/QUOTE]

I think Lee was 6’2" when we recruited him. Just like Iti was 7 ft.

I think Lee was 6 even, and he came here as a PG out of HS.

I’m looking forward to the Temple/MSU game, should be a good one.

Ian has good size at 6'4, just needs to get quicker. Bowden is listed at 6'3 and supposedly fairly athletic. Moving in the right direction. However, I think Lee is a hell of a player, no matter how tall he is.
bowden is legitimately 6'3" maybe 6'4" he is my height or a little taller when we stood beside eachother and i was 6'3" at my last physical. so yes, we are getting taller guards.

[QUOTE=moss2k;306192]I think Lee was 6 even, and he came here as a PG out of HS.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Lee has “shrunk” a bit during his 4 years as a Niner! :tongue:

Charlotte49ers.com: Lutz Signs 6-8 Post Chris Nance; 6-0 Point Leemire Goldwire

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;306187]If Temple continues to get big guards, while we continue to get small guards, they are going to be a HUGE thorn in our side.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Temple is going to be a thorn in the side of EVERY A-10 team. I don’t think anyone doubted Dunphy would rejuvenate the program based on his work at Penn. Just didn’t think it would happen this quickly!