Grant Hill's rebuttal to that idiot Jalen Rose

This is a great read: http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/grant-hills-response-to-jalen-rose/

I’ve always hated Duke, but despite that, Grant Hill is one of my alltime favorite basketball players. This is yet another reason why.

“And, I am proud I never lost a game against the Fab Five.”

Ouch. Thats going to leave a mark.

clt daps hill. well written rebuttal to an asinine statement.

Bobby Hurley was on the Dan Patrick show on Monday and was also spitting some venom back at Rose. I’m going to paraphrase what Hurley said in quotes below.

On Duke recruiting Chris Webber and Rose not being recruited:

I remember Chris' visit pretty well. We would have welcomed him with open arms. Jalen on the other hand, I can understand why we didn't recruit him, because he wouldn't have seen the floor at Duke. He wasn't taking my spot, and I don't think Thomas Hill was going to give up his either.

Hurley also said that a few of the Fraud 5 gave him grief specifically before the Championship game. Hurley said that they should have remembered him, “because I put up 26 on them the first game that year”.

[quote=“X-49er, post:4, topic:25153”]Bobby Hurley was on the Dan Patrick show on Monday and was also spitting some venom back at Rose. I’m going to paraphrase what Hurley said in quotes below.

I remember Chris' visit pretty well. We would have welcomed him with open arms. Jalen on the other hand, I can understand why we didn't recruit him, because he wouldn't have seen the floor at Duke. He wasn't taking my spot, and I don't think Thomas Hill was going to give up his either.

Hurley also said that a few of the Fraud 5 gave him grief specifically before the Championship game. Hurley said that they should have remembered him, “because I put up 26 on them the first game that year”.[/quote]

There was ill feelings from Hurley toward Michigan but he is still just as cocky as he was when he was at Duke.

[quote=“cdsniner, post:5, topic:25153”][quote=“X-49er, post:4, topic:25153”]Bobby Hurley was on the Dan Patrick show on Monday and was also spitting some venom back at Rose. I’m going to paraphrase what Hurley said in quotes below.

Hurley also said that a few of the Fraud 5 gave him grief specifically before the Championship game. Hurley said that they should have remembered him, “because I put up 26 on them the first game that year”.[/quote]

There was ill feelings from Hurley toward Michigan but he is still just as cocky as he was when he was at Duke.[/quote]

Oh, I know. I hated him and Laettner with a passion, even before I hated the Fraud 5. Just thought it was funny that they’re all still carrying this around 20 years later.

I think it is getting blown out of proportion. He was being candid about how he felt about those guys when he was 17 years old. Imagine what you may have thought of others when you were young and immature too.

Agreed, he never once said that’s how he feels now. He was explaining his mindset going into his first game against Duke and how he felt then.

Agreed, he never once said that’s how he feels now.[/quote]

And thats why there is all this attention. He had ample opportunity to state his opinion now is different, but he hasn’t. Sometimes you are guilty by won’t you don’t say as much as what you do say.

To be honest with you I don’t give a rat’s ass about all this. It really speaks more about the social dynamics inside the black community.

What is the equivalent of an Uncle Tom for the ginger community?

Yep. I thought it was pretty clear he was stating his feelings at the time. He said his feelings stemmed from jealousy. It was a refreshingly candid moment from an athlete that we dont get often enough.

I also don’t understand the “fraud 5” stuff. That team was awesome. Period.

Yep. I thought it was pretty clear he was stating his feelings at the time. He said his feelings stemmed from jealousy. It was a refreshingly candid moment from an athlete that we dont get often enough.

I also don’t understand the “fraud 5” stuff. That team was awesome. Period.[/quote]

Didn’t win a championship is the main reason they are called that.

I also don’t understand the “fraud 5” stuff. That team was awesome. Period.[/quote]

Didn’t win a championship is the main reason they are called that.[/quote]

And all the NCAA violations that have since surfaced about that team.

Didn’t win a championship is the main reason they are called that.[/quote]

Lots of really good teams havent won a championship. That doesnt delegitimize how good that team was. Back to back championship appearances is a pretty terrific accomplishment by itself.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All you people above me. Racist.

When I first heard the comments before the documentary I thought he came off as a jackass, and deserved to be ripped. I watched the documentary, and watched him on sportsnation further expanding upon his comments. The only thing I didn’t like about his comments in the documentary, and afterwards is he has never came off and said what he felt was fine at the time but he realizes how wrong he is now, and as Hill said just feeds and perpetuates the stereotype that people placed upon him growing up. He’s just carrying it on, and by not saying he was wrong and it was messed up to do kids will just follow in his footsteps and it will continue the cycle.

The stuff with Hurley, sorry, those guys ran their mouths to him and he was asked his honest opinion. He basically said he dropped 26 on them and was 3-0 so he doesn’t get what all the talk is about. I thought his comments were hilarious.

Then they could ask, Bobby how was your NBA career?

It’s a name I tagged them with after they were exposed for taking money from a Michigan booster. Webber was the only one of the Fab 5 actually proven to have taken money, but I seriously doubt he was the only one of the 5 that received it.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/fab-five-legacy-tainted?page=0,0

I have a hard time believing that if the most well-to-do kid on that team got that kind of “cake”, that the other four got their piece also. The other players named, Bullock, Traylor, and Taylor, came to Michigan after Webber.

To be fair X, Traylor probably would have prefered real cake.

Then they could ask, Bobby how was your NBA career?[/quote]

and he could answer pretty good up until I nearly died in a car accident…

I don’t think he missed many servings.