Greek row looking good

Took a little tour with Lake9er the other day and saw the progress being made on the greek row. Holy crap that is going to be the most impressive greek rows I’ve ever seen. It will be on par with the largest universities in the nation.

Norman…you and Lake should Old School it.

I actually worked with the administration, architects, and engineers to plan it out. I really like the results we came up with. The houses will all surround a common green, which could be used for all sorts of stuff. I am really pumped and can’t wait to see the buildings finished. They are huge! 28 beds each (except one with 14). Just enormous! Expensive, though. Almost $500 a month, if I remember correctly.

How do we find out which Fraternities will have a house???

Pictures:

[URL=http://www.greeklife.uncc.edu/][U][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]www.greeklife.uncc.edu[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/URL][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Scroll to the bottom of the page for a slide show.[/SIZE]

Does anyone know if each of the houses are going to look the exact same?

I saw them over there the other day, too. (Sometimes, I drive through campus on the way home.) And, it looks like each house is built similarly.

I was sort of hoping they would each be somewhat different. :mellow:

How do we find out which Fraternities will have a house???

Fraternities: Kappa Alpha Order, Delta Sigma Phi, Kappa Alpha Psi, Lambda Chi Alpha, Pi Kappa Phi, Kappa Sigma, Alpha Sigma Phi. I think that’s it…

All 5 sororities get houses.

Norman...you and Lake should Old School it.

Hey, guys, I want to pledge to your old school fraternity. I would really appreciate it if I could “opt out” of the tossing-the-brick-on-a-string test.

Does anyone know if each of the houses are going to look the exact same?

I saw them over there the other day, too. (Sometimes, I drive through campus on the way home.) And, it looks like each house is built similarly.

I was sort of hoping they would each be somewhat different. :mellow:

They are all the same because engineering/construction costs are lower that way. The adminstration wouldn’t allow differences.

Kappa Alpha Psi house will be smaller (14 bedrooms) so their house is skinnier but still 3 stories.

They are all the same because engineering/construction costs are lower that way. The adminstration wouldn't allow differences.

hopefully the cookie cutter they picked is nice.

I was never in a frat, never wanted to be, but I am glad this is happening and adds yet another aspect to our school. Some people enjoy the greek life and we should be able to offer it to them. I can not wait to see it all finished!

hopefully the cookie cutter they picked is nice.

Yes, they are all nice…all brick, 3 stories with 2-story white columns at the front entrance. They look really nice…If I can find some old pics, I’ll post them. Somewhere along the line I got the final color elevation renderings. I’ll look around.

I was never in a [B][I]frat[/I][/B], never wanted to be, but I am glad this is happening and adds yet another aspect to our school. Some people enjoy the greek life and we should be able to offer it to them. I can not wait to see it all finished!

Its evident…

But as far as I know, the floors will be marlbe or hardwood or something… Alot of luxury’s were added in. Also they are supposed to look like the typical greek house found at most prestigous universities (the white pillars I think are included)

But as far as I know, the floors will be marlbe or hardwood or something.. Alot of luxury's were added in. Also they are supposed to look like the typical greek house found at most prestigous universities (the white pillars I think are included)

The standard flooring was vinyl, but all organizations paid for upgrades including faux wood floors (Pergo) on the first level. The entryways in many of the houses will be porcelain tile The bedrooms and hallways will all be carpeted. Hope you’re starting to see the picture in your head. They will be sweet!

[QUOTE=Gill2003;184273]Its evident…

[/QUOTE]

What is that supposed to mean?

What is that supposed to mean?

I think he means that people in a fraternity never refer to it as a “frat” and that by using the word “frat” you gave away the fact that you weren’t in one. I don’t think he was trying to insult you or anything, and neither am I.

[QUOTE=Noreaster;184278]I think he means that people in a fraternity [B]never[/B] refer to it as a “frat” and that by using the word “frat” you gave away the fact that you weren’t in one. I don’t think he was trying to insult you or anything, and neither am I.[/QUOTE]

Ah got ya, had no idea about that. Learn something new everyday.

How about calling them Greeks?

Sorry WB for that impression… but heres something to help you remember :wink:

Would you call your country… a ****…?
Therefor do not call a fraternity… a frat…

:wink: Im not being serious, call it what you wish;)

[QUOTE=WBNiner;184265]I was never in a frat[/QUOTE]

Gill beat me to it…