Grier Out 4-6 Weeks

I know we like to keep up with “former” Niners, and I say “former” very lightly. Looks like he will miss a good amount of time from a broken finger.

Credit ESPN.com for the following:

MINNEAPOLIS – Minnesota forward Vincent Grier will miss four to six weeks with a broken bone in his left ring finger.

Grier broke the finger in Friday’s season-opening 70-57 victory over North Dakota State and will be in a cast until at least Dec. 2.

Coach Dan Monson said Monday he hopes the senior forward will be able to get some playing time before the Big Ten opener Jan. 7 against Northwestern.

Grier will most likely miss at least three of the Gophers’ four highest profile non-conference games: Nov. 30 at Maryland, Dec. 5 at Arizona State, Dec. 10 vs. UNLV and Dec. 14 vs. Alabama-Birmingham.

Grier was an All-Big Ten selection last year, scoring 17.9 points per game

are we sure he didn’t punch a teammate???

[QUOTE=jrossp49er;140563]

Coach Dan Monson said Monday he hopes the senior forward will be able to get some playing time before the Big Ten opener Jan. 7 against Northwestern.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe this will help Northwestern in this game. For our rpi purposes, I’m hoping Northwestern or IU wins the Big 10.

[QUOTE=moss2k;140564]are we sure he didn’t punch a teammate???[/QUOTE]

Ouch. :silly:

A shame his personality/attitude didn’t mesh with our players and coaching staff. He’s saturated with talent but I think that him knowing that was part of the problem. But there aren’t many guys with those abilities who don’t feel they should be on the court more than they are allowed.