Grill or Griddle

I have had a Blackstone for several years, it stays outside with a grill cover. I’ve had no issues with rusting. I seasoned it prior to my first use. After grilling I clean it while it’s hot and re-season it with olive oil.

2 Likes

Traeger for smoking and reverse searing, Blackstone for everything else…

Question for blackstone owners… any tips for potential buyers in selecting size and options? Bigger is better I’m assuming right? Hard cover needed?

Any seasoning tips?

I have a 22 inch Blackstone Griddle and it is plenty of room both at home and when we camp. If you have more than 4 people to cook for, go for the 36 inch. Tractor Supply has had some great sales on that size and above at times…
I would get hard cover to help protect the surface and outer cover fits better.

My Blackstone stays outside under a porch and griddle cover. I also made a wood top that rests on the griddle when stored. The wood cover and griddle cover help to prevent rust.

The webbers at ACE were much better quality than the big box webbers.

1 Like

When we built a few years ago we did a built in grill that uses natural gas. Best money I’ve ever spent

2 Likes

Frustrated King Of The Hill GIF

I agree. Purchased mine from an Ace location more than 15 years ago and it’s still working well.

I probably got 15 out of the Saber. The ACE Webbers seem more like my old Saber. I went by the store I bought it from and they were gonezo, donezo. The ACE stuff was too big for my needs, but every part of those Webbers were impressive, and priced much higher, as one should expect.

Alright. Weber from ACE at home and hot. ACE is definitely the place for a nice Weber grill

Very nice, tender, juicy steak on the Weber

clt was looking forward to using the charcoal grill last weekend.

Raining Saved By The Bell GIF

Does a Weber cook a better steak for the extra money??? I bought this master forge last week from Lowe’s for $250. I’ve always bought the “cheaper” gas grills and get 5+ years out of them. Is it just wanting the name and I’m sure better quality materials… but it cooks the same right? Now I’m sure a Weber gets wayyyy hotter for that quick sear.

Yes. But the tricks I have about cooking a good steak is from research and trial and error.

#1. Never buy a steak from Publix. Most everything else is ok there, except chicken

#2. Buy the best filet you can get. Fresh market standard. Harris teeter from the case is usually good

#3. Salt those steaks at least an hour at room temperature. The longer you can salt them in the fridge the better. No sauces, no store seasoning, just heavy salt rub all sides. Maybe some black pepper. Good meat doesn’t need tricks

#4 let steak sit at room temperature for at least an hour before you grill

#5. Get that grill Hotter than hell. Pull soaked wood chips somewhere on or in the gas grill. When they start smoking, put the steaks as far away from the grates as you can. Mine go up high under the smoke. Flip once when they start to gray up.

#6 pick one steak you plan on being the least of the good steaks and check internal temp with a digital probe. When it gets to around 110F to 115F, it’s time to sear them to preferred temperature. If you must check temp, used the last probed steak to keep the others juicy.

#7. While on you last sear, place some butter on the top side. Take off the grill when melted, then flip onto plate with more butter on top. Cover with foil and drink the remaining wine or beer.

Eat. Never sear first

clt says yes on the weber. they are built better and heavier

Look the Webers over as the last one I purchased (4 years ago) was not the high quality of old. Sold it this year and now have Traeger and Blackstone.
I smoke steak on T and sear it on the B

Webers cook great and are super reliable. I’ve had the same Weber for almost 18 years.