GW women's basketball player changes sex but stays on team

Check out this interesting article on GW basketball…

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14233205/gw-womens-player-changes-gender-stays-on-team

Don’t laugh or it’s consider offensive at least on here.

And if we make fun of her if GW is at us, we probably get kicked out per the A-14 don’t discriminate rules. :o

Seriously, you want to be a man, don’t play with the girls. Why don’t I just go back to school, volunteer to be team manager for the volleyball team, & tell them a lie that I had a sex change to a man so I can see naked chicks in the locker room.

Coach Aston, any game we lose to GW, appeal, appeal, appeal! Guys can’t beat chicks. That’s bs.

For all I know GWU just bought her a pee-pee so that she can take hormones without NCAA problems, & after she graduates & they win a lot, they’ll cut the pee-pee back off for her/him/it to make her/him/it a female again, bunch of cheaters!! >:D

Anyone have a link to the GW message boards? I’d be interested to see what they are saying over there.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:3, topic:24237”]And if we make fun of her if GW is at us, we probably get kicked out per the A-14 don’t discriminate rules. :o

Seriously, you want to be a man, don’t play with the girls. Why don’t I just go back to school, volunteer to be team manager for the volleyball team, & tell them a lie that I had a sex change to a man so I can see naked chicks in the locker room.

Coach Aston, any game we lose to GW, appeal, appeal, appeal! Guys can’t beat chicks. That’s bs.[/quote]

Gender =/= sex.

Kye has undergone no surgery or hormone treatment, although he will after school. He came out of the closet as a transgendered athlete (something which took a hell of a lot more balls than you’ve got) and decided to hold off on making any physical changes to his body until after his college basketball career in order to continue playing with the team he was with from the beginning.

[quote=“Ninercentral, post:4, topic:24237”]Anyone have a link to the GW message boards? I’d be interested to see what they are saying over there.[/quote]their board will make your eyes bleed. There should be a link in the A10 forum

If you want to be treated as a boy, you should not be allowed to play in women’s basketball.

I’m all for them doing whatever they want, and I hope they’re happy with whatever sex they want to be, but you can’t have it both ways.

Lew, blah, blah, blah. You got a pee-pee or not?

that is signature material if ever was one…

[quote=“eason49, post:7, topic:24237”]If you want to be treated as a boy, you should not be allowed to play in women’s basketball.

I’m all for them doing whatever they want, and I hope they’re happy with whatever sex they want to be, but you can’t have it both ways.[/quote]

Well, as the rules are written, the division between men’s and women’s sports is based on sex (biological) and not gender (emotional).

Really, all he is doing is making it public that he is transgendered (emotionally a male but biologically a female) and to be respected as such.

Sadly, the world is far too shortsighted to accept anything out of the norm, and he will be ostracized for this.

This story makes me also wonder if there has ever been players on teams with BIID.

Quit calling her, he Lew. WTH?

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:10, topic:24237”][quote=“eason49, post:7, topic:24237”]If you want to be treated as a boy, you should not be allowed to play in women’s basketball.

I’m all for them doing whatever they want, and I hope they’re happy with whatever sex they want to be, but you can’t have it both ways.[/quote]

Well, as the rules are written, the division between men’s and women’s sports is based on sex (biological) and not gender (emotional).

Really, all he is doing is making it public that he is transgendered (emotionally a male but biologically a female) and to be respected as such.

Sadly, the world is far too shortsighted to accept anything out of the norm, and he will be ostracized for this.[/quote]

If they wants to be treated fairly, they should be forced to follow the limitations of his choice. I’m more than happy to call them a dude if they want, but not if they want to play women’s basketball. Men can’t play women’s basketball.

The honorable decision would be for them to not play in a woman’s league.

If they want respect, they should give it. It’s disrespectful to try to have it both ways.

You mean GID?

BIID sufferers feel that life would be better as an amputee, not a member of the opposite sex.

You mean GID?

BIID sufferers feel that life would be better as an amputee, not a member of the opposite sex.[/quote]

No. I meant BIID.

You mean GID?

BIID sufferers feel that life would be better as an amputee, not a member of the opposite sex.[/quote]

No. I meant BIID.[/quote]

Well, in that case, I have no clue… I would think, however, that an athlete would be far from the type of person that you would see BIID occur in… but you never know.

Perhaps you should read up on GID before you pass judgement.

In 20 years there we be a transgender Title IX and transgender teams. ::slight_smile:

FWIW, I’ve seen this person play. Plays like a girl. Anybody but me think GW should have advised him/her that it was fine to share his/her feelings with the team, but not a good idea to broadcast it to the world until after graduation. You KNOW they are going to have problems with security on the road. Seems to me to be an obvious lack of judgement on GW’s part.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:12, topic:24237”]Quit calling her, he Lew. WTH?[/quote] Referred to as “mr” on GW website. Until surgery and hormones, seems a little strange to me.

So many jokes, so little time.

Seriously though, if this person is pre-surgurey/hormones, I don’t care about them playing on the womens team. Like Lew pointed out, it’s based on biological sex, not gender.