Haase gets new 6-year contract at UAB

UAB.edu: UAB announces new long-term contract for Men’s Basketball Coach Jerod Haase

Wonder if they’re worried about him leaving when they switch conferences, if that happens. Then again, if they end up in a really crappy conference, that’s probably too big a figure compared to the money they’ll be making with the program.

Some would say they’ve already achieved that.

Some would say they’ve already achieved that.[/quote]maybe he meant really, really crappy conference? It will achieve that if UAB leaves.

Some would say they’ve already achieved that.[/quote]maybe he meant really, really crappy conference? It will achieve that if UAB leaves.[/quote]
I can assure you uab would rather be in CUSA with football than mvc without it

Does that Tar Hole have extra incentives in his contract if his guys attend real classes?

Or if they don’t?

Ha! Touché.

As bad as Cusa was this year, it can still get worse. The top of the conference is decent. I expect the conference will get a little better in the next few years, but still not great.

[quote=“9erken, post:7, topic:29517”]Ha! Touché.

As bad as Cusa was this year, it can still get worse. The top of the conference is decent. I expect the conference will get a little better in the next few years, but still not great.[/quote]Agree, but the middle and bottom of CUSA are terrible. They’re RPI killers. If ODU had been in a better league (and La Tech for that matter), they probably would have finished with RPIs that would have positioned them well for at large bids.

ODU had to play Rice, UNT, and Charlotte twice. That is 3 teams with 200+ RPIs. They had to play terrible Marshall twice too I think. Throw in the Florida twins and you have a disastrous conference slate for your RPI and SOS.

The top of CUSA isn’t the problem, we need the middle to have teams mostly in the 150-200 range and cannot have any more than a few teams over 200-250 in RPI. At one point this year, I think we had 2 or 3 teams in the 300’s. That’s terrible.

Jerod Haase yesterday:

[quote=“UNCCTF, post:9, topic:29517”]Jerod Haase yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOFcw2I9Gic[/quote] :stuck_out_tongue:

If the CUSA board is right, UTSA’s coach only makes $150K. Add that to horrible facilities, and you have a good example of a program that isn’t even trying in hoops. That has to change.

I hope that is just his base pay, and the poster missed the typical booster paid add ons. No idea.

I have no idea how they recruit players to that program, or the FxU programs in hoops. Maybe it’s the weather/campus/hot women.

Also, the huge Haase contract looks like a double down on hoops and reallocation of football money. Another nail in the football coffin and intentional repurposing of the athletics program by Watts.

I think you meant thousand, not million. haha.

UTSA having the lowest paid basketball coach isn’t surprising. Their football coach makes the lowest salary in C-USA, and that dude has a national title to his name.

I think you meant thousand, not million. haha.

UTSA having the lowest paid basketball coach isn’t surprising. Their football coach makes the lowest salary in C-USA, and that dude has a national title to his name.[/quote]

150k is 150,000 not 150,000,000.

Good catch. It was hard to fathom a # that low after Haase got $1Mil.

UTSA had over 31k enrollment based on some random 2011 link I pulled. FFS, raise student fees $30-$50/yr and offer real salaries to your coaches.