Halton Arena Camera Flashes

It's the security nazis at Halton, I thought I was going to have to go buy a box of donuts for one of them all because I threw a little tiny rubber basketball to 49timesthelovin about 15 minutes before the game.

The funny thing is that I was trying to tell you not to throw it.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;384552]The funny thing is that I was trying to tell you not to throw it.[/QUOTE]
49X, it’s good to see that you remember to be responsible on the floor, as in an official capacity or as a fan.

Circa March, 1978… I was caught in a weak official moment.

[QUOTE=HP49er;384561]49X, it’s good to see that you remember to be responsible on the floor, as in an official capacity or as a fan.

[/QUOTE]

Rose looks like a televangelist in that picture.

49X, it's good to see that you remember to be responsible on the floor, as in an official capacity or as a fan.

William, that is a NICE suit!

49X, it would take double the fabric to cover me now. I received a lot of basketball knowledge being around Coach Rose those two seasons.

What is the deal with flashes in Halton Arena?? This is the second time in a few years I've been asked to stop using a camera. With no TV broadcast, what is the big deal? As I read the Guest Information, I don't see flashes commented on at all:

http://sac.uncc.edu/node/71

You mean here?

[COLOR=#009900][FONT=Verdana][B]Cameras[/B][/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Cameras are permitted for Charlotte 49er athletic events; however, in no instance may photography interfere with access ways, seat aisles, or other guests' enjoyment of the event. [B]Flash photography is prohibited at 49er athletic events.[/B] The camera policy for non-UNC Charlotte athletic events will vary. Please call 704-687-4800 in advance to check the policy.
[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]

I think that sentence was added in the last couple days.

Or maybe I just missed it. Anyone else notice that sentence 48 hours ago?

I think that sentence was added in the last couple days.

Or maybe I just missed it. Anyone else notice that sentence 48 hours ago?

According to the Google Cache of the page for Feb 9, 2009 it wasn’t there a week ago, I don’t know about sooner.

I do know they’ve been cracking down on flashes during the game for a few weeks though. I’ve watched personel working to figure out where it was coming from and going to the person.

I am going to say, flashes prior to tip-off should be acceptable. I don’t know why they would stop you for that.

I am going to say, flashes prior to tip-off should be acceptable. I don't know why they would stop you for that.

The only problem I see with allowing flashes prior to tipoff is the potential for bothering opposing players warm-ups using the flash as a distraction.

It should be a “within reason” policy prior to tip-off. I see nothing wrong with using flash to snap a group photo in the stands.

According to the [URL=http://74.125.113.132/search?hl=en&q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fsac.uncc.edu%2Fnode%2F71]Google Cache[/URL] of the page for Feb 9, 2009 it wasn't there a week ago, I don't know about sooner.

I do know they’ve been cracking down on flashes during the game for a few weeks though. I’ve watched personel working to figure out where it was coming from and going to the person.

I am going to say, flashes prior to tip-off should be acceptable. I don’t know why they would stop you for that.

Thanks for the Cached snapshot! I’ve never used that Cache tool before. That pretty handy. Thanks for the tip.

[B]The only problem I see with allowing flashes prior to tipoff is the potential for bothering opposing players warm-ups using the flash as a distraction.[/B]

It should be a “within reason” policy prior to tip-off. I see nothing wrong with using flash to snap a group photo in the stands.

As opposed to shrieking at them from the stands? Warm-ups are just that, warming up.

As opposed to shrieking at them from the stands? Warm-ups are just that, warming up.

There’s a big difference between yelling at someone and making them see spots.

I’ve flashed many cameras in Halton.

Allowing flashes would make free throws more interesting.