Halton Arena???....Excellent Atmosphere

I do not care what ya’ll say about the few empty seats…EVERYBODY in that arena tonight was rocking. And I mean everyone from the students to the season ticket holders to the alumni (they participated in the U SUCK chant). The green shirts were a huge hit!!! Not sure how it looked on tv but almost everyone had one on. Some people did not and I am not sure why, I think its because they think the bball game is a fashion show or something?? Props to CSET for the hook-up.

Halton tonight was absolutely incredible. I have never felt the energy that I felt from that crowd. I dont understand all the complaining that goes on in this site. Tonights game from an atmosphere perspective was incredible. I would like anyone to tell me otherwise. Granted the game is sooooo good though.

How bout them dots? Are they crazy or what?

I was gonna bring balloons. But the dots were given me a headahe, i can only imagine the players. I think that crazyness when our Director of BBALL Operations almost went ape shit on someone, really got the crowed into it.

we should have the dots every game who brought them? The shirts were great too and they should have been given out at more games.

the athletic department supplied the dots…specifically Dan Devos, i believe he was the leader of that plan.

I think Mark Colone was responsible for the shirt…He came through big time. Lets give them some Dap boys

I was bummed they were only giving the shirts to students, but then I saw non students wearing them? Maybe I’ll see one on Ebay

Felt like the stadium was going to collapse during one of the feet stomping “dee-fense” chants when we were making our run in the second half. There was a lot of down time because Memphis played so well, but when we were rocking, it was nice. Also, there was actually close to 9,105 there tonight. No completely empty sections, hardly any empty seats I could see.

what dots are you talking about? i didn’t see the game.

Those dots signs were AWESOME!!! What a great idea!! It beats those spinning spirals at the Puke games.

You guys may have started a new phenomenom in foul-shooting distractions. I know I could hardly watch the ball going to the basket on TV. I can only imagine what it is like to actually have to shoot a free throw with that kind of background!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Our atmosphere tonight was as good as it gets. It was as good as any Wake game ever played at Joel Coliseum, including the Duke game this year and also the big games during the Childress-Rogers-Duncan era.

Tonight’s atmoshpere was similar to the Cincy games, & more than one “expert” has said the atmosphere for those games are topped by none.

GO NINERS !!

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 12:56 AM [b] Our atmosphere tonight was as good as it gets. It was as good as any Wake game ever played at Joel Coliseum, including the Duke game this year and also the big games during the Childress-Rogers-Duncan era.

Tonight’s atmoshpere was similar to the Cincy games, & more than one “expert” has said the atmosphere for those games are topped by none.

GO NINERS !! [/b]

Couldn’t agree more. I loved looking around the student section tonight and seeing all the students in green. GREAT GAME AND ATMOSPHERE! I wish this hype had been there in January.

I can only think of one game where the amosphere was any better for a game in Halton. This crowd was rocking.

To those of you who were attending for the first or second time… SEE WHAT A GOOD TIME AND PRODYCT YOU’VE BEEN MISSING?

It was great that nobody rushed the court after this or the DePaul win. It shows that we’ve been there before.

The noise was loud! Especially during the melee where all those Charlotte bullies and coaches were picking fights with those noble Tigers.

We should have some dots at the next game. If athletics doesn’t provide them again, I gatherd up a lot - the ones that weren’t totally destroyed, and plan to put them on the seats. I guess I’ll just put them on the seats right behind the backboard and not the whole endzone. Hope you guys don’t mind holding a poster that has a few wrinkles in it.

The band was given a TON of the dot posters before the game, and we didn’t use but about 1/3 of what they gave us. So we’ll have them again on Saturday on our end in the 2nd half.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 12:00 AM [b] It was great that nobody rushed the court after this or the DePaul win. It shows that we've been there before.

The noise was loud! Especially during the melee where all those Charlotte bullies and coaches were picking fights with those noble Tigers. [/b]

Fans of a Number 21 ranked team should NEVER rush the floor with a win over a NON-RANKED team. Now that WOULD be embarassing.