Halton Tonight!!!!!!!!

Get ranked and they will come. That seems pretty obvious after what we witnessed last night on a Wed night. It doesn’t matter who you play, within reason, and people get excited about it.

I hope everyone is back for Memphis and then homecomeing. Also, by next year the parking issues caused by construction should be worked out. I know people struggled to get into the building.

And if you haven’t paid the $49 minimum to get in the 49er Club, the parking benefit is worth the price alone. Of course, it took 15 minutes to get out of the parking deck but at least I didn’t have to walk across campus.

GREAT JOB BY EVERYONE WHO SPREAD THE WORD AND GOT PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING!!!

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 09:17 AM [b]And if you haven't paid the $49 minimum to get in the 49er Club, the parking benefit is worth the price alone. [/b]
Shhhhhh...... :D I stayed in my seat until the final horn & was home (Skybrook)before Lutz finished his postgame comments.

Being in the 49er club only helps you if you get season tickets. I’m in it for my 2nd year but I didn’t get season tickets this year. That means they appreciate my donation but I still have to park 2 miles from Halton and I don’t get free chips and a drink at halftime. I would have thought I still could have got parking for games I bought tickets for. Oh well next year I plan on getting season tickets again so I won’t have to worry about it.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 11:08 PM [b] One (of many) thing that hampers our turnout is that Charlotte is a lousy sports town. They'll show up for a champion and go nuts, but a good team is met with indifference. [/b]
ding ding ding. Great point.
[i]Originally posted by 199er9[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 09:50 AM [b] Being in the 49er club only helps you if you get season tickets. I'm in it for my 2nd year but I didn't get season tickets this year. That means they appreciate my donation but I still have to park 2 miles from Halton and I don't get free chips and a drink at halftime. I would have thought I still could have got parking for games I bought tickets for. Oh well next year I plan on getting season tickets again so I won't have to worry about it. [/b]
Actually, I got the season tickets for the people that sit next to us, but they joined the 49er Club themselves, and got the parking and hospitality passes.

Announcing Mitchell Baldwin from “The Hall” was classic.

I’ve just been getting gamepacks for the past several years. What’s the cost now for basic 49er club membership with season tix?My friends say the halftime snax aren’t that great. Is it worth it?

The burrito eating contest took too long. All that time for one burrito.

[i]Originally posted by max[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 11:25 AM [b] I've just been getting gamepacks for the past several years. What's the cost now for basic 49er club membership with season tix?My friends say the halftime snax aren't that great. Is it worth it? [/b]
The ticket office 687-4949 Athletic foundation 687-4951

You should call them for specifics but you can join the 49er club (Athletic Foundation) for $49. First time season ticket buyers can purchase season tickets for $49 each. ALumni section is a great deal at approx $140 per ticket.

The 49er club/athletic foundation purpose is primarily to fund scholarships…the member benefits are ancillary, although they are excellent compared to what you would get at other schools for the equivalent donation. The halftime hospitality room is a great place to meet up with friends, grab a dring and some chips, and hang out. $49 for that and parking is pretty damn good. We need more members and it’s a no-brainer to me.

If you pay $1500 per year (Gold Club), you get a full meal and beer/whine before the games.

I’m pretty sure you get full benefits, regardless of buying a season ticket.

[i]Originally posted by max[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 11:25 AM [b] I've just been getting gamepacks for the past several years. What's the cost now for basic 49er club membership with season tix?My friends say the halftime snax aren't that great. Is it worth it? [/b]
max,i 'm not singling you out here, but I'm going to go soapbox here. [b]It's a donation[/b]. Why must you get something in return, isn't the joy of watching good basketball, spoorting student athletes and a growing university worth something? That is part of the problem this institution has in seeking support, "what's in it for me?"

Like Lefty said, $49 for a parking pass in the deck is well worth it alone. At the other university where the first 4 letters are UNCC(H), parking would cost more than that, plus be 1/2 mile away from the arena.

Beer/Wine…even Jager…is always good!

[QUOTE]max,i 'm not singling you out here, but I’m going to go soapbox here. It’s a donation. Why must you get something in return, isn’t the joy of watching good basketball, spoorting student athletes and a growing university worth something? That is part of the problem this institution has in seeking support, “what’s in it for me?”

Like Lefty said, $49 for a parking pass in the deck is well worth it alone. At the other university where the first 4 letters are UNCC(H), parking would cost more than that, plus be 1/2 mile away from the arena.

Good point.

Lefty I am a member (2nd year) and do not have season tickets this year. Therefore I have no benefits. No parking pass, no halftime hospitality for the games I do attend. However last year when I was a season ticket holder it was definitely worth the $49.