Halton Tonight!!!!!!!!

What a great crowd we had tonight, crowd was large(for a wednesday night) and was really electric especially late in the game. We need this every home game from here on out…GOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS !!!

True, great crowd that was really into the game. Good turn out by the students. Keep preaching the word. Not looking ahead, but providing we take care of business at Tulane this weekend, the Memphis game next week will also be huge. We need everyone back & pumped up. Memphis is playing better than earlier in the year. They went to Louisville & kicked their ass. Need a big loud crowd for that game too.

I agree…good turnout although some of the cheap seats werent filled…

Yeah, great turnout tonight. We definitely need this kind of crowd for the rest of the games.

[i]Originally posted by SF4Nynah[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:12 PM [b] Yeah, great turnout tonight. We definitely need this kind of crowd for the rest of the games. [/b]
totally agree dude.... even the general crowd was getting into it

Great turnout, but did you see all of the people leaving a 1pt game with a min left to make sure to beat traffic (guessing)?

I think I heard our announcer say “Queermont Grier”, after I heard that, from then on, I only heard “Grier” :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by NinerNut[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:29 PM [b] Great turnout, but did you see all of the people leaving a 1pt game with a min left to make sure to beat traffic (guessing)? [/b]
No way. Us upper deck folks like to go to the track and watch the closing minute. I didn't see anybody actually leave.

Ninernut,
Yes, I saw that ,too. No respect for our team, coaches at all. The best part of the game was the last minute. If they came out and stayed the whole game . . . why not stick around to support the team. And, if anything enjoy one of the great moment. I guess the excuse can only be Jarvis bobble head that got them to the game.

[i]Originally posted by Niner89[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:52 PM [b] Ninernut, Yes, I saw that ,too. No respect for our team, coaches at all. The best part of the game was the last minute. If they came out and stayed the whole game . . . why not stick around to support the team. And, if anything enjoy one of the great moment. I guess the excuse can only be Jarvis bobble head that got them to the game. [/b]
See my last post.

Beleive me Pork Chop. Section 219 upper level sucks. Most of the row behind me left half way into the second half.

the upper deck does suck. I did feel the need to stand up for my fellow nose bleeders tonight. Most games I try to chant along with the students. I just get blank looks and it just has a bored feel up there. Of course Alabolo, Cinci, and DePauw were pretty hyped. One (of many) thing that hampers our turnout is that Charlotte is a lousy sports town. They’ll show up for a champion and go nuts, but a good team is met with indifference.

Was attendance announced? Box score showed a sellout, but I never heard it.

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 11:08 PM [b] Was attendance announced? Box score showed a sellout, but I never heard it. [/b]
yes
[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 11:08 PM [b] Was attendance announced? Box score showed a sellout, but I never heard it. [/b]
Probably 7500 in the seats tonight. It was a good loud crowd.

Somehow the campus police F’d up and caused everyone to be late.

We left Picassos’s at 7:05 and barely made tipoff while some left picassos’s at 7:15 and got to their seats with 10:00 minutes left in the 1st half.

We wonder why we can’t get people to come to our games. It takes an hour to get into an arena that is 2/3 full.

i’d call it about 8k in there tonight, but im no mathematician. I was happy with that. Had this game been played last Wednesday, there probably would have been about 6k. I think the people on this board did a bang up job getting the word out. It is evident to me that the powers that be do read this thing and/or are just as smart as everyone that posts here.

If it were next week, that place would have been slammed. In a way, I blame bobblehead night for the empty seats. I have always seen LOTS of people just leaving with multiple bobbleheads before the game. That has to account for at least 200 empty seats. Dont get me wrong though, I love the bobbleheads, I just don’t leave upon receipt.

No “Fan of the Game” contest? It’s about time they axed that. The burrito contest was cool until that dude yakked.

[i]Originally posted by brewcrew9[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 01:42 AM [b] I think the people on this board did a bang up job getting the word out. It is evident to me that the powers that be do read this thing and/or are just as smart as everyone that posts here.

[/b]

I think that the powers that be didn’t have as much to do with the grassroots promotion as certain people on this board did.

I think you are right…I do know that in a couple of days though, I got a mass email from the school (like was suggested here)…The athletic dept gave out tickets and things like that…I totally believe a lot had to do with what went on here, but for the end product of it all, I know that someone saw this and took a lot of things into consideration and did something. Kudos to this board though for MAKING it happen for the most part.

Yes, the burrito eating contest was awesome… 49erDrummer is establishing a dynasty!

clt feels that the students on this board deserve dap. great job spreading the word and keep it up for memphis.