Halton was rocking & Clemson fans

I don’t see a thread title for it. Absolutely amazing crowd last night. Black out and towels were a great idea. We haven’t seen anything like that since the big Cinci games. Great job by everyone!

There were some Clemson fans at the pregame and my wife and I sat with two of them. They had no idea we had such a nice arena. They thought UNC Charlotte was like Wingate, didn’t realize we have several thousand more students than Clemson, had no idea we had been to the tournament so many times and didn’t understand why ACC teams wouldn’t want to play the school. I think they saw why ACC teams don’t want to come here. Btw, they lived in South Charlotte.

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22067]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22067[/URL]

Everyone that thinks negatively on Charlotte that I’ve ever known is either simply trying to be a jackass, or hasn’t been to the campus. More people are learning about how awesome this school is. I just wish they weren’t so damn ignorant in the first place. Talking crap about a school you’ve never visited and/or don’t know anything about is ridiculous.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;364034][URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22067]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22067[/URL][/QUOTE]

Oh, needs to be said didn’t really get my attention. Clemson fans in pregame is new. What do you think Lutz was thinking when he came to speak to the big dollar donors and looked out to see 10 or 15 orange shirts. Judy made a comment about taking care of them on the court in reference to a Clemson person saying Charlotte really takes good care of their fans…or something like that.

I still think this crowd was up there with Cinci crowds because of the all black and noise. Awesome.

You’d be amazed how many people IN Charlotte have never been near the Charlotte campus and yet claim to know what’s best for the school. That fact can be traced to so many issues it’s not funny.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;364036]I still think this crowd was up there with Cinci crowds because of the all black and noise. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

It reminded me of some of our games against Memphis & Louisville. Not quite as much history or outright hatred, but still packed and loud.

You'd be amazed how many people [B][I]in my workplace[/I][/B] that have never been near the Charlotte campus and yet claim to know what's best for the school. That fact can be traced to so many issues it's not funny.

fixed.

We are aware.

I don't see a thread title for it. Absolutely amazing crowd last night. Black out and towels were a great idea. We haven't seen anything like that since the big Cinci games. Great job by everyone!

There were some Clemson fans at the pregame and my wife and I sat with two of them. They had no idea we had such a nice arena. They thought UNC Charlotte was like Wingate, didn’t realize we have several thousand more students than Clemson, had no idea we had been to the tournament so many times and didn’t understand why ACC teams wouldn’t want to play the school. I think they saw why ACC teams don’t want to come here. Btw, they lived in South Charlotte.

This post says it all.This area SUCKS when it come to all things about the Niners.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;364037]You’d be amazed how many people IN Charlotte have never been near the Charlotte campus and yet claim to know what’s best for the school. That fact can be traced to so many issues it’s not funny.[/QUOTE]

So, so, so true.

I can’t comment on the crowd other than how it looked on the internet broadcast. But most people commented on how loud we were.

I ran into some friends last night at Halftime hospitality thingy who had never been to The Arena before.

Were very surprised, as well, at how nice The Arena and The Campus are.

Hope some of these 1st timers come back.

I know no one thing or event can change things, but I get brutally pissed off at how many people show up only when a “name team” is in The Arena.

Like the reference I made in the College sports area about Bearcats Football Coach Brian Kelly, I’m starting to think we need a coach (in some sport) who will directly confront the local media.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;364037]You’d be amazed how many people IN Charlotte have never been near the Charlotte campus and yet claim to know what’s best for the school. That fact can be traced to so many issues it’s not funny.[/QUOTE]

Pick me

Pick me

Pick me

I KNOW ONE OF THE ISSUES !!!

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;364042]I ran into some friends last night at Halftime hospitality thingy who had never been to The Arena before.

Were very surprised, as well, at how nice The Arena and The Campus are.

Hope some of these 1st timers come back.

I know no one thing or event can change things, but I get brutally pissed off at how many people show up only when a “name team” is in The Arena.

Like the reference I made in the College sports area about Bearcats Football Coach Brian Kelly, I’m starting to think we need a coach (in some sport) who will directly confront the local media.[/QUOTE]

Man, our campus is so gorgeous it isn’t funny.

I wish it had looked like that when I was a student. But I’m glad I get to go back and see it a couple of times a year.

one of our friends that goes to Chapel Hill came down for the game (bought and wore a black 49ers shirt for the game) and he always makes a comment on the way this campus is blowing up and how nice it is. same goes for the people i know that go to state (except some Chapel Hill fans try to pretend their campus isn’t horrible…state students know they made the wrong choice if they’ve been here)

IThere were some Clemson fans at the pregame and my wife and I sat with two of them. They had no idea we had such a nice arena. [B]They thought UNC Charlotte was like Wingate, didn't realize we have several thousand more students than Clemson, had no idea we had been to the tournament so many times and didn't understand why ACC teams wouldn't want to play the school[/B]. I think they saw why ACC teams don't want to come here. [B]Btw, they lived in South Charlotte[/B].
So can we assume they read the Observer?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;364053]So can we assume they read the Observer?[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand why the observer won’t just run a story on the history of 49er basketball- something like “getting the facts straight”- they would immediately sell a ton of that day’s paper, not to mention undoing a lot of the ignorance of the Charlotte area that this thread is talking about- you pick up an ally- and you go a long way towards repairing some of the damage done by poor coverage

I don't understand why the observer won't just run a story on the history of 49er basketball- something like "getting the facts straight"- they would immediately sell a ton of that day's paper, not to mention undoing a lot of the ignorance of the Charlotte area that this thread is talking about- you pick up an ally- and you go a long way towards repairing some of the damage done by poor coverage
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I’m not laughing at you NewNiner. Many of us been asking the same question for years.

BTW… Good question. Keep asking.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I’m not laughing at you NewNiner. Many of us been asking the same question for years.

BTW… Good question. Keep asking.

understood, lol

(except some Chapel Hill fans try to pretend their campus isn't horrible..state students know they made the wrong choice if they've been here)

hahahahaha so trueeee

I know no one thing or event can change things, but I get brutally pissed off at how many people show up only when a "name team" is in The Arena.

Except for a few of the most storied programs, that’s just how it works in most sporting events.