Hanna Montana...PLEASE HELP

[QUOTE=Powerbait;259109]at least those girls are of age.[/QUOTE]

Let it be known, Wooderson was right.

[QUOTE=metro;259106]kiss my axe…lol. I wanted 3 so my wife could take them.

I ended up getting them at stubhub.com[/QUOTE]

Well aren’t you

:smile:

at least those girls are of age.
One of the best phrases in the english languge.
kiss my axe...lol. I wanted 3 so my wife could take them.

I ended up getting them at stubhub.com

How much did they cost you?

Hannah will be a multi-millionaire, & maybe billionaire, so I’d marry her once she is of age.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;259119]Hannah will be a multi-millionaire, & maybe billionaire, so I’d marry her once she is of age.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure she is counting down the days till this little dream becomes reality :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=s9er;259122]I’m sure she is counting down the days till this little dream becomes reality :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So is her daddy, you know, so he can grow his mullet back.

So is her daddy, you know, so he can grow his mullet back.

you do know he plays her dad on her tv show

One of the best phrases in the english languge.

How much did they cost you?

125 ea
its gonna cut into santa, I know that

Best thread.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;259068] Showdawg, be glad you have two boys and start getting them ready to support these girls.[/QUOTE]

Support?Cheetah girls?? If my boys are supporting the Cheetah girls the old man beter be invited!

Shhaaakkeee itttt bbuttt ddoonntt bbrreaakk iiitt… itt tttookkk yyoouurr mmmommmaa 9 mmmooonnttthsss ttoo mmmaaakkkeee iiittt

The paper said that ticket brokers want $2,000 for Hannah Montana seats, & that the seats were sold out in 30 seconds from the pre-sale.
I don’t understand how someone selling a ticket outside an event for more than $3 is scalping, & go to jail, but ticket brokers can charge a million more times than that, & get away with it.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;259327]The paper said that ticket brokers want $2,000 for Hannah Montana seats, & that the seats were sold out in 30 seconds from the pre-sale.
I don’t understand how someone selling a ticket outside an event for more than $3 is scalping, & go to jail, but ticket brokers can charge a million more times than that, & get away with it.[/QUOTE]

I have wondered the same thing!

[QUOTE=WBNiner;259328]I have wondered the same thing![/QUOTE]

They just set up shop iand “do business” in a state where scalping isn’t illeagal.

[QUOTE=s9er;259329]They just set up shop iand “do business” in a state where scalping isn’t illeagal.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh thanks!

I figured that, BUT if they sell in NC, for an NC event, they should be subject to NC laws.
I’m not allowed, legally, to gamble on websites based outside of NC because it’s illegal in NC. What’s the difference?

They just set up shop iand "do business" in a state where scalping isn't illeagal.

sometimes they’ll include something like a magazine with hannah montana on the cover. You pay $2,000, and $1,900 is “for the magazine” the remaining 100 or whatever is the face value of the tickets.

[QUOTE=ninerID;259333]sometimes they’ll include something like a magazine with hannah montana on the cover. You pay $2,000, and $1,900 is “for the magazine” the remaining 100 or whatever is the face value of the tickets.[/QUOTE]

I bought some panther tickets like that on Ebay. I paid $400 for 2 Monday night tickets and that included a Panther’s Christmas tree ornament.

the Observer has picked up on my pain:
[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/200/story/308945.html[/URL]

looks like I am not alone-
avg ticket price online- $214 :doh:
I paid $124 ea, for 4 upper deck at stubhub.com

these ticket brokers are buying all the tickets up in literally seconds and then scalping them

[QUOTE=metro;261127]
these ticket brokers are buying all the tickets up in literally seconds and then scalping them[/QUOTE]

Until the scalping laws become Federal law instead of State, there’s not a whole lot anyone can do. They can charge whatever they want, and they do. If the law is made Federal and standard, these websites will be worthless because their current profit margins will be erased.

Here is a web article that lists the scalping laws, state by state:

[QUOTE]
North Carolina

• Prohibits scalping tickets but allows resellers to impose a reasonable service charge up to $ 3 (N. C. Gen. Stat. § 14-344)
[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0761.htm][B][U][COLOR=Navy]Ticket Scalping Laws and Info[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

A Greensboro lady is suing the ticket broker she bought her Hannah Montana tickets from. :huhsign: She thought the price was too high, yet she still forked over the money anyways, and now she’s suing. I think the ticket broker sites need to be regulated, but buying the tickets from them and then suing them because they were too high is ridiculous. When I buy something at Target, I don’t turn around and sue them even if I thought I paid too much. This lady needs to be laughed out of court, and then the ticket broker needs to be dealt with.

[URL=http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=4025C0250C5B606A2A9A743DBEFA0FF4?contentId=4555823&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1][B][U][COLOR=DarkOrange]Fox 8.com: Parent Sues Ticket Vendor for Inflating Hannah Montana Ticket Prices [/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

[QUOTE=X-49er;261132]Until the scalping laws become Federal law instead of State, there’s not a whole lot anyone can do. They can charge whatever they want, and they do. If the law is made Federal and standard, these websites will be worthless because their current profit margins will be erased.

Here is a web article that lists the scalping laws, state by state:

[URL=http://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0761.htm][B][U][COLOR=Navy]Ticket Scalping Laws and Info[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

A Greensboro lady is suing the ticket broker she bought her Hannah Montana tickets from. :huhsign: She thought the price was too high, yet she still forked over the money anyways, and now she’s suing. I think the ticket broker sites need to be regulated, but buying the tickets from them and then suing them because they were too high is ridiculous. When I buy something at Target, I don’t turn around and sue them even if I thought I paid too much. This lady needs to be laughed out of court, and then the ticket broker needs to be dealt with.

[URL=http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=4025C0250C5B606A2A9A743DBEFA0FF4?contentId=4555823&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1][B][U][COLOR=DarkOrange]Fox 8.com: Parent Sues Ticket Vendor for Inflating Hannah Montana Ticket Prices [/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL][/QUOTE]

I don’t see how the federal government regulating the price of tickets would jive with the 10th amendment to the U.S. Constitution. But then there’s about a billion federal laws that don’t jive with the 10th amendment, so I guess it could happen.