Hanna Montana...PLEASE HELP

An Xbox will last longer than one night.
The girls can watch Hannah Montana every day, & there probably is a video game & action figures.

I understand wanting to do really nice things for kids that aren’t begging or whiny. Especially if they won’t be vocal about their disappointment. I hope you can find something.

I see your point, but my point is when does it end? First its these tickets next its going to be something else that they "beg" you for. You have to say No sometime. When you finally do say no they will appreciate when they do get things even more. I'm so sick of seeing parents buy their kids whatever they want any time they ask, eventually they think it is the norm, then you lose control and they don't appreciate anything.

sorry to hijake the thread, thats my last rant

what, am I on a couch? :lmao:
we say no all the time. How can you assume because I want to treat them to their favorite star that equates to me producing spoiled brats?

they wanted a hamster for a year, but did not get one until they proved they could feed the dog everyday first.

This must be Coach back up Metro day. As a parent of two kids, 10 and 3 years old, I absolutely feel for you. My kids are awesome, understand that they cannot have everyting they want, are not brats, have good manners, etc. What is wrong with me treating them to something special every once in a while? If that special treat is a concert, then go for it! If they are not appreciative, then never again.
thanks coach, and thats where I am. I've got respectful polite kids that are not brats, have manners and deserve a special night. If they don't act appreciative of it, call DSS cause there will be a beat down. j/k :tongue:

[QUOTE=metro;258881]what, am I on a couch? :lmao:
we say no all the time. How can you assume because I want to treat them to their favorite star that equates to me producing spoiled brats?

they wanted a hamster for a year, but did not get one until they proved they could feed the dog everyday first.[/QUOTE]

I don’t even spend 300 dollars on myself, so thats where I’m coming from. It looks like the only one that agrees with me is SCK, uh oh. I guess I’m a cheap skate. I’m also just ranting because I’m sick of seeing kids screaming their heads off in the middle of the store because the parent won’t buy them toy xyz, and the parents just letting them do it. There is more and more of that lately.

On another note why are you guys letting your kids see the cheetah girls? Last time I saw the cheetah girls I was in Atlanta and it was a $10 cover and a 2 drink minimum and Deion Sanders was sitting in the booth beside me. I guess times have changed.

On another note why are you guys letting your kids see the cheetah girls? Last time I saw the cheetah girls I was in Atlanta and it was a $10 cover and a 2 drink minimum and Deion Sanders was sitting in the booth beside me. I guess times have changed.

:drink::moon::love:

[QUOTE=EE9er;258887]I don’t even spend 300 dollars on myself, so thats where I’m coming from. It looks like the only one that agrees with me is SCK, uh oh. I guess I’m a cheap skate. I’m also just ranting because I’m sick of seeing kids screaming their heads off in the middle of the store because the parent won’t buy them toy xyz, and the parents just letting them do it. There is more and more of that lately.[/QUOTE]

I do agree that there is alot of that these days. The couple that live next to my parents have triplets (4 or 5 years old I think) and for their birthday party 2 weekends ago they rented one of the air bounce things for the kids to jump in, had the entire thing catered and had Sir Purr show up… yes THE Sir Purr. I went over for about 5 minutes and I was about to vomit. The excess was sickening. I am all for giving your kids a good time and sometimes an event like Hannaha Montana is fun for the whole family, but what some parents do for their children helps contribute to the sense of entitlement we are fighting in this country. Every time I see a wedding story on TV or that My Sweet 16 it makes me ashamed of the human race, so much money that could be better spent in so many ways.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;258892]On another note why are you guys letting your kids see the cheetah girls? Last time I saw the cheetah girls I was in Atlanta and it was a $10 cover and a 2 drink minimum and Deion Sanders was sitting in the booth beside me. I guess times have changed.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat as metro (2 daughters) that wanted to see Hanna Montanna very badly, and they are very good kids and would be greatly appreciative. We talked about the money issue and I am happy that my oldest daughter understood and thought it was crazy to spend($130 each for three) to get tickets (youngest daughter just follows oldest thought process). I told my wife if this concert sells out at $130 tickets I will change my opinion about how people spend money around Charlotte.

My opinion has been changed.

Showdawg, be glad you have two boys and start getting them ready to support these girls.

She does have a nice, funny, clean show.

I’m just thankful my daughter is still a little young to really want to go to this type of show. I’m sure in a year or so I’m looking at the same dilemma.

After reading some of the comments, it’s hard not to give you the “you will understand when you are a parent” speech.

My daughter is nearly 4 going on 35. The fun part about kids that age is they develop interests just like us grown ups but it’s innocent and without strings attached from their perspective. Everyone who has kids or that will have kids will at some point have a Rainman living in the house, they say all kind of random crap some of it goofy and some of it just so plain amazing that makes you think YOUR kid is a damn genius. The other part is that they have NO CONCEPT of money. They sure as hell know what it is and how it spends but just like Dustin Hoffman they think a bag of Skittles, a Barbie, and your house all cost 73 cents.

Someone made a comment about spoiled kids kicking and screaming in the store… Go look at the Divila thread cuz myself and a bunch of other posters are basically pitching a fit in the store because we didn’t get our PF. Adults can be just as unrealistic and “spoiled” as kids are… but at least we have a legit excuse :grin:

[QUOTE=s9er;259082]I’m just thankful my daughter is still a little young to really want to go to this type of show. I’m sure in a year or so I’m looking at the same dilemma.

After reading some of the comments, it’s hard not to give you the “you will understand when you are a parent” speech.

My daughter is nearly 4 going on 35. The fun part about kids that age is they develop interests just like us grown ups but it’s innocent and without strings attached from their perspective. Everyone who has kids or that will have kids will at some point have a Rainman living in the house, they say all kind of random crap some of it goofy and some of it just so plain amazing that makes you think YOUR kid is a damn genius. The other part is that they have NO CONCEPT of money. They sure as hell know what it is and how it spends but just like Dustin Hoffman they think a bag of Skittles, a Barbie, and your house all cost 73 cents.

Someone made a comment about spoiled kids kicking and screaming in the store… Go look at the Divila thread cuz myself and a bunch of other posters are basically pitching a fit in the store because we didn’t get our PF. Adults can be just as unrealistic and “spoiled” as kids are… but at least we have a legit excuse :grin:[/QUOTE]

S,

You are pretty much all over it.

Yeah, I have a daughter. Yeah, she is a Hanna Montana fan. No, she is not going to this show.

As parents we all, hopefully, draw the line somewhere on how we spend our disposible income on our kids. Just because I’m not subjecting myself to “refinancing the house” to buy these tix, doesn’t mean I won’t be in a similar situation with “something” else.

The parents that create the spoiled brats are the ones that give them EVERYTHING they ask for, WHENEVER they want it. In my opinion, a responsible parent gives them what they need and a “little bit more”. We all pick and choose, based on our own needs what defines a “little bit more”.

One of the happiest days of my life was when my son decided he could wait on getting Xbox or PS3 when they 1st came out. It was HIS decision to wait until the price went down before he spent MY MONEY.

What I think is more important here is the fact that Metro only wants 3 tickets. I wonder why he doesn’t want to take his wife? :smile:

Go look at the Divila thread cuz myself and a bunch of other posters are basically pitching a fit in the store because we didn't get our PF. Adults can be just as unrealistic and "spoiled" as kids are... but at least we have a legit excuse :grin:

LOL

Fan: Coooooach! I wanted a Davila!!

Bobby Lutz: Hey, you will take this JUCO and be thankful OK?

Fan: I wanted a Davila!!!

Bobby: Listen, I wanted to get a Davila just as much, probably more, than you. But we don’t always get what we want.

Fan: ::Starts to cry:: Whhaaaaa I wan’t a Davila! I WANT A DAVILA!!

Bobby: You know what!? I bust my ass every day to get the best players I can for you! It isn’t easy for me getting 3 and 4 star players anymore. When you were younger I could get them for you because we were in CUSA, but times have changed and you’re going to have to settle for this JUCO for now.

Fan: WHAAAAA!!! I don’t want a JUCO!

Bobby: Look, he’s a good player, I promise. It’s just like how you always want the Fruit Loops instead of house brand Fruit O’s. They are really the same thing, one is just marketed better.

Fan: WHAAAAA!!! I WANT A DAVILA!!! I DONT WANT THIS JUCO!!!

Bobby: That’s it, you’re being ungrateful. I’ll stop throwing you tee shirts after player intros at games… do you want that!?

Fan: ::Sniffles:: no…

Bobby: OK then, now I want you to apologize to Mr JUCO for hurting his feelings.

Fan: Im sorry JUCO…

Bobby: AND?..

Fan: I know you are going to be just as good as a Davila…

Bobby: Very good. Now if you show a good attitude, and are really good this season, I may get you a good high school top 150 point guard this Christmas.

Fan: REALLY!?

Bobby: Yep! But only if you’re good.

:tongue::biggrin::lol::49ers:

fruity O’s :blink:
:lmao:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;259097] It’s just like how you always want the fruit loops instead of fruity O’s. They are really the same thing, one is just marketed better.[/QUOTE]

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Whatcha talkin’ bout, Willis ?

Whats next, Sam’s Club soda instead of Pepsi products at halftime?

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;259092]

What I think is more important here is the fact that Metro only wants 3 tickets. I wonder why he doesn’t want to take his wife? :smile:[/QUOTE]

You know Metro wants to see her just as much his daughters do!

[QUOTE=Chisox17;259097][B]Fan:[/B] Im sorry JUCO…
[/QUOTE]

That is great! The only thing better would be Bobby saying “If you keep this type of behavior up I might give you another Martin Itti… now do you really want another Martin Itti?”

[QUOTE=WBNiner;259103]That is great! The only thing better would be Bobby saying “If you keep this type of behavior up I might give you another Martin Itti… now do you really want another Martin Itti?”[/QUOTE]

:grin:

Well played.

S,

What I think is more important here is the fact that Metro only wants 3 tickets. I wonder why he doesn’t want to take his wife? :smile:

kiss my axe…lol. I wanted 3 so my wife could take them.

I ended up getting them at stubhub.com

You know Metro wants to see her just as much his daughters do!
not quite, she is 14 give me HS Musical- they all are about 19 :smile:

[QUOTE=metro;259108]
give me HS Musical :smile:[/QUOTE]

at least those girls are of age.