He Said What?

Not impressed with his recruiting? Who do you think we are? We’re not the kind of program that can bring in 4 freshman and have them all contribute at a high level year 1. There are only a handful of programs that can do that.

We landed 1 top 150 recruit in Lutz’s last three years. Major landed 2 in two classes and another who was top 150 before he had a serious leg injury that may have prevented him from ever playing again.

I’ll admit that I haven’t been overly impressed with his coaching ability so far, but I can’t really hate on his recruiting.

NN…I truly believe you know your stuff when it comes to recruiting, but who was a Top 150 out of Major’s class when they inked with us out of high school. I thought Nick fell out his senior year. The only other one I can think of is Lester, maybe? Was he a Rivals, Scout or ESPN Top 150? Just curious. But the bottom line is you are saying he is a good recruiter and you are using a former coach who got fired as a measuring stick. That doesn’t give me a lot of confidence there:). Do you truly feel like he is recruiting the talent and size needed to win the A10 and compete for an at-large bid to the dance? Once Bras is gone, who’s gonna replace him? My measuring stick for recruiting is by looking at who we go up against and win for recruits. Here lately(imho) it’s low major schools. I realize that we can’t be expected to recruit like we used to in the CUSA, but we can expect results similar to other top tier A10 schools. Otherwise, what’s the point?
I’m glad we agree on AM’s suspect coaching and leadership skills, though. Later…I will report back once again to take my embarassment for my over the top comments to Bust last year :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“max2, post:42, topic:25193”]NN…I truly believe you know your stuff when it comes to recruiting, but who was a Top 150 out of Major’s class when they inked with us out of high school. I thought Nick fell out his senior year. The only other one I can think of is Lester, maybe? Was he a Rivals, Scout or ESPN Top 150? Just curious. But the bottom line is you are saying he is a good recruiter and you are using a former coach who got fired as a measuring stick. That doesn’t give me a lot of confidence there:). Do you truly feel like he is recruiting the talent and size needed to win the A10 and compete for an at-large bid to the dance? Once Bras is gone, who’s gonna replace him? My measuring stick for recruiting is by looking at who we go up against and win for recruits. Here lately(imho) it’s low major schools. I realize that we can’t be expected to recruit like we used to in the CUSA, but we can expect results similar to other top tier A10 schools. Otherwise, what’s the point?
I’m glad we agree on AM’s suspect coaching and leadership skills, though. Later…I will report back once again to take my embarassment for my over the top comments to Bust last year :p[/quote]You’re right, Nickerson did drop out of top 150 on Rivals. I knew he dropped out of top 100 on ESPN, but I was thinking he stayed in the Rivals 150.

Only Lester remained in the top 150.

I do feel like he is recruiting the kind of players required to win the A10, but like I said before, I’m not sure he’s the coach that can make them good enough to actually do it.

We’ll see next year. If we’re bad next year, my patience will be gone.

You have to be able to motivate your team. I want a coach that kids love to play for. A coach they can look up to, who they will fight for, who they love. I don’t see that in Coach Major.

Very true and clearly evident that the coach player relationships on this team is horrible. Even Major’s recruits don’t respond to Major. Thats really bad. :frowning:

He is not better than Cedric Maxwell or Rodney White.[/quote]

i didnt say he is, but he will be. he is better now than withers was as a sophomore. the only thing he lacks is elite height but he makes up for that with length and athletisism. i think at the least, mayfield will give us defense and athletisism, two things that are lacking from this team. nickerson should give us the length, size and athletisism and shooting ability that we lack from our small forward position. we dont lose much in terms of seniors.[/quote]

Very true and clearly evident that the coach player relationships on this team is horrible. Even Major’s recruits don’t respond to Major. Thats really bad. :([/quote]
I thought the guys played hard last year and didn’t quit on Major.

A few sucked so Major quit on them- they happen to be gone (and no I do not include Briscoe in this- he needs to go to a better situation for him).

KJ and the NBA. That was a good read.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:32, topic:25193”]You can’t be an idiot, you used the proper form of bated.[/quote]alot should be two words

Hey, nobody else is perfect.

So the guy thinks he could go NBA. Let him dream. Y’all are some Debbie Downers.

“Three years will be here sooner than you think”-49erbust

Hola! We’re halfway there…just thought I’d do my semi-annual bombastic, over the top, check-in. 18 months to go…

[quote=“max2, post:52, topic:25193”]“Three years will be here sooner than you think”-49erbust

Hola! We’re halfway there…just thought I’d do my semi-annual bombastic, over the top, check-in. 18 months to go…[/quote]
Idn’t that shit crazy?

Yo dawg…say wut? Y’all’s azz id cwazy man! Word…

Hi guys…just checking in. Two years down and one to go. See you in a year to take my lumps for making such ridiculous predictions two years ago.

See you at the Campbell game next year.

Oh lol, I thought this had ended this year. We’ll actually both be wrong at the end of the season since we didn’t even discuss the idea of a player exodus. Or maybe Major has some top secret plan for refilling the ranks.

I can’t recall, were we moving to the not-a-chance-in-hell-of-getting-an-at-large-bid CUSA when this thread was started? How times change.

NO. I said either we wouldn’t make the tourney or Major would be fired. Nothing else to discuss. Can’t squirm out of this one…

NO. That’s not what this was about. This was only about the quality of the players and whether they would be good or not. I quoted everything I was responding to you about.

That’s right and I said we would NOT make the tourney based on our level of recruiting. I also mentioned in the thread that Major might get fired before than. You said we would make the tourney with Major’s recruits. I was so sure we wouldn’t, I even offered a $1000 bet, which you declined. See you next year to see who’s right…One year will be here faster than you think.

Squirm, wiggle, shake…parse words, semantics.