He Said What?

This seems like as good a time as any to get this kicked off. If someone wants to emphatically defend a radical stance, but the debate can’t be resolved until our sporting events occur, this is the place to keep track of what those folks said.

If you want to hold someone to their words later, seems the fairest and most fun way to resolve this to me. Just post the link to their post or thread where they make their claim, and maybe a description, and leave it for later. Either you or they will be eating some crow.

Seems like a good place for some Eason and joleyetro quotes lol.

I don’t care enough to bet $$ on this. That’s just dumb. But a little public crow eating would be cool.

And my responding stance:

So if these players prove to be bad and we don’t even sniff an NCAA bid in 3 years, I’ll come on here and eat my words. And if we make the NCAAs, I’d hope you (joyfully I’m sure) come on here and eat yours. And if you want to admit being wrong about the players besides EVN and Mayfield, you can do that too but I won’t hold you to it since my stance isn’t as strong.

Boom bada bing. No more pointless arguing from me. We’ll just see in due time.

…And no one be thinking 3 years is a silly long amount of time because my Name Confusion Log thread has been going since 2006!!

WILL: So basically…YOU HAVE NO STANCE…either you agree that we won’t make the NCAA’s in three years or you don’t agree? Man up…YOU SAY WHAT? If you are going to hold me to the fire…be a man and hold yourself accountable…fair is fair. Also, if Majors gets fired before then…I guess we’re done here right?

Since I’m 49, fathered five kids, married two women and owned a few businesses over those years…think I"m pretty familiar with how fast 3 year goes by. LOL.I hope I’m wrong, but don’t beat me up if I’m right…which I’m sure will happen knowing this board.

Let me know your “He said What?” prediction as well…

See you in three years…or sooner.

Also, I think it’s only fair that EVERYONE who comments should post their predictions for the record as well.

Take care…see you in three…can’t wait to see everyone’s predictions…

max, I think this is our best recruiting class in a long time. Since, what 2002?

Yea, considering how poor our recruiting classes have been the past 5-6 years, it’s hard not to be excited about the crop we have coming in next season.

I don’t know if it’s the best since 2002, but certainly one of the best. Oh how I miss the good old days.

Out of respect for Scotty and the other grown up posters…I’ll let my facts speak for themselves and I officially bale from the discussion. I should be mature enough not to get bated into idiotic posts.

Take care guys…I hope things turn our better than I think they will. Bye.

Go look at ESPN at the other A10 classes coming in for 2011, I think you will like what you see.

[quote=“max, post:3, topic:25193”]WILL: So basically…YOU HAVE NO STANCE…either you agree that we won’t make the NCAA’s in three years or you don’t agree? Man up…YOU SAY WHAT? If you are going to hold me to the fire…be a man and hold yourself accountable…fair is fair. Also, if Majors gets fired before then…I guess we’re done here right?

Since I’m 49, fathered five kids, married two women and owned a few businesses over those years…think I"m pretty familiar with how fast 3 year goes by. LOL.I hope I’m wrong, but don’t beat me up if I’m right…which I’m sure will happen knowing this board.

See you in three years…or sooner.[/quote] That’s not how this works. If one person makes a dumb and over the top prediction, it doesn’t mean anyone else has to meet their level of ridiculousness. The whole point is to make people pay or be vindicated for whatever words they choose.

I’m guessing you didn’t read my whole post or something? I already told you what I think will happen and even made an unnecessary consolation because my stance isn’t as strong as yours. Holding myself accountable for what I have predicted too (2 of the predictions are firm).

Yea, if Major is fired then that vindicates you and I’ll be wrong.

Serious question, you’re not related/close friends with metro are you?

EDIT: I feel like quantifying “suck.” I would say that if we have sub-20 win seasons for each of the next 3 seasons, that we have “sucked.”

Bust, you can fill this thread up very quickly with virtually every member of NNN. Nobody thought we would finish 13th in the A10 this season.

We got 2 guys from the JBC, Jordan Brand Classic. Definitely have to go to the Tourney next year with 2 Jordans + EVN.

lol ikr. It would be great!

Of course, that’s what I’m talking about with ‘sports being like that.’ No one expected us to be 13th… and no one expected us to lose Phil Jones (…and Shamari) and the two can’t be separated.

[quote=“Normmm, post:10, topic:25193”]Bust, you can fill this thread up very quickly with virtually every member of NNN. Nobody thought we would finish 13th in the A10 this season.[/quote]No one knew we were going to lose 2 seniors and sustain to injuries to other players to make them miss about half the season.

There is plenty for Major, his staff and players to learn from last year. This is a team game, play like it or you’re going to get beat.

[quote=“49or bust, post:9, topic:25193”][quote=“max, post:3, topic:25193”]WILL: So basically…YOU HAVE NO STANCE…either you agree that we won’t make the NCAA’s in three years or you don’t agree? Man up…YOU SAY WHAT? If you are going to hold me to the fire…be a man and hold yourself accountable…fair is fair. Also, if Majors gets fired before then…I guess we’re done here right?

See you in three years…or sooner.[/quote] That’s not how this works. If one person makes a dumb and over the top prediction, it doesn’t mean anyone else has to meet their level of ridiculousness. The whole point is to make people pay or be vindicated for whatever words they choose.

I’m guessing you didn’t read my whole post or something? I already told you what I think will happen and even made an unnecessary consolation because my stance isn’t as strong as yours. Holding myself accountable for what I have predicted too (2 of the predictions are firm).

Yea, if Major is fired then that vindicates you and I’ll be wrong.

Serious question, you’re not related/close friends with metro are you?

EDIT: I feel like quantifying “suck.” I would say that if we have sub-20 win seasons for each of the next 3 seasons, that we have “sucked.”[/quote]

No offense Will, but you seem like a 25 year old with no fulltime job, lot’s of time on his hands, who doesn’t have two nickles to rub together and an angry-at-the-world attitude. You are smug and Clearly this board and the opinions of your fellow posters means alot to you. I get that and that’s fine with me. I’m not on here that much and have alot more meaningful things to do with my time, so I’ll let you bully me and insult me just so you can look at yourself in the mirror and say “I am somebody”…no biggie.

I think my dumb thoughts were well thought out in my expressed opinion, but clearly you think otherwise. We’ll see in three years. But if it makes you feel good for now…call me dumb, radical and over-the-top. If I’m right, I’m sure you’ll still have something derogatory to say about me when it happens just to bandage your wounded ego…apparently that’s how you roll.

DONE…

Sorry for the ugly comments Will, but guys like you are why I am cancelling my account. Just tired of the immature bullsheep. It’s been a great 15 year run on all the various Niner message boards…great times and great conversations! I wish you all the best…but I will be back to see how my 3 year prediction turned out…PROMISE! I hope it’s wrong.

Best of luck to you all…peace and take care!

[quote=“max, post:14, topic:25193”]No offense Will, but you seem like a 25 year old with no fulltime job, lot’s of time on his hands, who doesn’t have two nickles to rub together and an angry-at-the-world attitude. You are smug and Clearly this board and the opinions of your fellow posters means alot to you. I get that and that’s fine with me. I’m not on here that much and have alot more meaningful things to do with my time, so I’ll let you bully me and insult me just so you can look at yourself in the mirror and say “I am somebody”…no biggie.

I think my dumb thoughts were well thought out in my expressed opinion, but clearly you think otherwise. We’ll see in three years. But if it makes you feel good for now…call me dumb, radical and over-the-top. If I’m right, I’m sure you’ll still have something derogatory to say about me when it happens just to bandage your wounded ego…apparently that’s how you roll.

DONE…[/quote]
Dang man. For real? You come on here bombastically degrading our coach and recruiting class, and that’s not radical and over the top? I do disagree, I do think it’s dumb. Don’t need to take it personal tho. Clearly I’m not the only one who feels this way, and in relation to some I’ve been downright nice.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you said some things you’re not so confident about anymore and you don’t want to have to own up to them, and so you’re trying to knock me down and make yourself a victim.

All I wanted to do (and figured others could do since this kind of stuff happens a lot) is put the remarks in question somewhere where they can be easily found and pointed back to since the debate can’t be resolved for a long time. Not exactly what someone would do if they just wanted to be offensive to build themself up.

You’ve been “done” a couple times now tho [EDIT: Guess not that time either]. Seriously, are you related to or close friends with Tim Collie?

EDIT: I see you won’t be answering heh. Anyways, if you don’t know Tim Collie, look him up if you need a drinkin buddy. Seems like yall would get along swimmingly.

I really haven’t been trying be an ass, and if you think I’m the immature one here, I honestly think you need to reread what you write and work on your reading comprehension. None of these things are insults, I’m being dead honest here. If I just wanted to flame you I would never have bothered putting any of this in this thread.

[quote=“2k, post:13, topic:25193”][quote=“Normmm, post:10, topic:25193”]Bust, you can fill this thread up very quickly with virtually every member of NNN. Nobody thought we would finish 13th in the A10 this season.[/quote]No one knew we were going to lose 2 seniors and sustain to injuries to other players to make them miss about half the season.

There is plenty for Major, his staff and players to learn from last year. This is a team game, play like it or you’re going to get beat.[/quote]

It was a joke. Just saying at some point in time, all of us could make it to this thread. I once said that I thought Chris Paul was overrated and that Hasheem Thabeet was a franchise NBA center. :))

“I’m Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I’ve drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together. Be advised: I’m mean, nasty and, tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I could put a round through a fleas ass at 300 yards”

Since we’re supposed to be committing predictions here…

The 2011 incoming class will play in the NCAA tournament before their careers at Charlotte are over (unless they transfer, of course).

WTF Bust?!?!?! It’s the shoutbox gang’s job to run people off, don’t you know?