Hello, my name is 49er1 and I’m a NINER junkie.

[size=11pt]This time of the year has been very hard on me in recent years, as we have NOT gone to the NCAAs in a while now. As a NINER junkie, the lack of an annual injection of the Big Dance has taken a toll on my mind as well as body. [/size]
[size=11pt]
I do have something that helps somewhat and keeps me looking to the future, but this is where the story/confession/disclosure may be too sad and/or pathetic for some of you to continue reading. To you, I suggest you exit this thread now.[/size]
[size=11pt]
For the rest of you, here goes.[/size]
[size=11pt]
I have video recordings of the following NINER games:[/size]
[size=11pt]March 1977 vs [/size][size=11pt]Michigan[/size][size=11pt] in the NCAA Mideast Regional final[/size]
[size=11pt]March 1988 vs VCU in the [/size][size=11pt]Sunbelt[/size][size=11pt] tourney championship[/size]
[size=11pt]December 1991 vs [/size][size=11pt]Alabama[/size][size=11pt] in the Tournament of Champions final[/size]
[size=11pt]March 1992 vs Tulane in the Metro Conference Championship final[/size]
[size=11pt]March 1997 vs [/size][size=11pt]Louisville[/size][size=11pt] in CUSA Tourney [/size]
[size=11pt]March 1997 vs [/size][size=11pt]Georgetown[/size][size=11pt] in the NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round[/size]
[size=11pt]March 1998 vs Ill.-Chicago in NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round[/size]
[size=11pt]March 1998 vs UNC in NCAA 2[sup]nd[/sup] Round[/size]
[size=11pt]March 1999 vs [/size][size=11pt]Rhode Island[/size][size=11pt] in NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round[/size]
[size=11pt]March 2001 vs Cincy in CUSA tourney championship[/size]
[size=11pt]March 2001 vs [/size][size=11pt]Tennessee[/size][size=11pt] in NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round[/size]
[size=11pt]January 2005 vs TCU[/size]
[size=11pt]February 2005 vs Cincy (in Cincy)[/size]
[size=11pt]December 2005 vs Davidson[/size]
[size=11pt]December 2009 vs [/size][size=11pt]Louisville[/size]
[size=11pt]December 2010 vs [/size][size=11pt]Tennessee[/size]
[size=11pt]January 2011 vs Georgia Tech[/size]
[size=11pt]
So, when I need a fix of 100% pure NINER excellence, when I’m alone, I go to my little stash of vids. I pick them up and fondle them as if they were GOLDEN. GOLDEN, JERRY! [/size]For to me, a NINER junkie, they are GOLDEN. I pop one in the DVD or VCR player (as appropriate to the media type), sit back and let those GOLDEN moments of AWESOME NINER games-gone-by, wash over me like a soothing, cleansing shower of nostalgic crack. I’m hooked. What can I say?
[size=11pt]
I recently watched the last 5 minutes of regulation of the ’98 NCAA game vs the tar holes. I’d really forgotten how close, HOW DAMN CLOSE!!!, we came to beating those M-F’ers. Last year, while the actual NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] round was being played, I watched the 2001 CUSA Tourney Championship win vs Cincy. While this was “not the real stuff”, this mere visual experience of watching the NINERS win vs a hated rival for the CUSA Tourney Championship was PURE ECSTASY!! [/size]
[size=11pt]
And so on…. You get the idea. Maybe some of you can relate directly to this. And I know some of you can’t. That’s cool too. So, until I can get the “real stuff” again (and I know I will someday soon), in order for me to cope personally, I’ll continue to sample my vid stash, in moderation, of course, until that day comes. [/size]
[size=11pt]
GO NINERS!! [/size]

I still haven’t deleted the TN and GT games from my DVR. I can’t find the courage to delete those bright spots.

49er1, are you offering to lend these videos to those of us wishing to watch some of them?

[quote=“49er1, post:1, topic:25128”]This time of the year has been very hard on me in recent years, as we have NOT gone to the NCAAs in a while now. As a NINER junkie, the lack of an annual injection of the Big Dance has taken a toll on my mind as well as body.

I do have something that helps somewhat and keeps me looking to the future, but this is where the story/confession/disclosure may be too sad and/or pathetic for some of you to continue reading. To you, I suggest you exit this thread now.

For the rest of you, here goes.

I have video recordings of the following NINER games:
March 1977 vs Michigan in the NCAA Mideast Regional final
March 1988 vs VCU in the Sunbelt tourney championship
December 1991 vs Alabama in the Tournament of Champions final
March 1991 vs Tulane in the Metro Conference Championship final
March 1997 vs Louisville in CUSA Tourney
March 1997 vs Georgetown in the NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round
March 1998 vs Ill.-Chicago in NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round
March 1998 vs UNC in NCAA 2[sup]nd[/sup] Round
March 1999 vs Rhode Island in NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round
March 2001 vs Cincy in CUSA tourney championship
March 2001 vs Tennessee in NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] Round
January 2005 vs TCU
February 2005 vs Cincy (in Cincy)
December 2005 vs Davidson
December 2009 vs Louisville
December 2010 vs Tennessee
January 2011 vs Georgia Tech

So, when I need a fix of 100% pure NINER excellence, when I’m alone, I go to my little stash of vids. I pick them up and fondle them as if they were GOLDEN. GOLDEN, JERRY! For to me, a NINER junkie, they are GOLDEN. I pop one in the DVD or VCR player (as appropriate to the media type), sit back and let those GOLDEN moments of AWESOME NINER games-gone-by, wash over me like a soothing, cleansing shower of nostalgic crack. I’m hooked. What can I say?

I recently watched the last 5 minutes of regulation of the ’98 NCAA game vs the tar holes. I’d really forgotten how close, HOW DAMN CLOSE!!!, we came to beating those M-F’ers. Last year, while the actual NCAA 1[sup]st[/sup] round was being played, I watched the 2001 CUSA Tourney Championship win vs Cincy. While this was “not the real stuff”, this mere visual experience of watching the NINERS win vs a hated rival for the CUSA Tourney Championship was PURE ECSTASY!!

And so on…. You get the idea. Maybe some of you can relate directly to this. And I know some of you can’t. That’s cool too. So, until I can get the “real stuff” again (and I know I will someday soon), in order for me to cope personally, I’ll continue to sample my vid stash, in moderation, of course, until that day comes.

GO NINERS!! [/quote]

That was a beautiful, touching post and yet it makes me very sad at the same time…perhaps it hits a little too close to home for me… :frowning: …plus my video collection isn’t nearly as extensive.

Me either.

Me either.[/quote]
I’m with ya Chickenman and JFelt. I have both those games AND the X game and can’t erase any of them.

God Bless You 49er1. I am right there with you, this time of year kills me. I am glad you found a place to drown your 49er tears and feel better.

Good question. 49er1, how can we get in touch with you? I will even pay you “rent” if I can borrow a video for a couple of days.

We should work on creating a dropbox account for all these videos, and cataloguing them online perhaps. If anyone wants help with setting this up, let me know