Help For Fantasy Football

I am in a touchdown league
6 points for a touchdown
1 point for every 20 yds receiving/rushing
1 point for every 50 yds passing- QB

I can keep 5 players. Here is who I have.

Peyton Manning
Clinton Portis
Lawrence Maroney
Willis McGahee
Travis Henry
Terrell Owens
Javon Walker
Andre Johnson

Which 5 would you keep? I’m thinking that Petyon is for sure and 3 RB’s and 1 WR. I have also thought about 4 RB’s and just drafting new WR.

how many rbs can you start?

I can start 2 RB’s

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
DEF
K

manning, your 2 favorite rbs (portis+maroney), and your 2 favorite wrs (owens + walker/johnson).

[QUOTE=mineshaft;237235]I am in a touchdown league
6 points for a touchdown
1 point for every 20 yds receiving/rushing
1 point for every 50 yds passing- QB

I can keep 5 players. Here is who I have.

Peyton Manning
Clinton Portis
Lawrence Maroney
Willis McGahee
Travis Henry
Terrell Owens
Javon Walker
Andre Johnson

Which 5 would you keep? I’m thinking that Petyon is for sure and 3 RB’s and 1 WR. I have also thought about 4 RB’s and just drafting new WR.[/QUOTE]

Keep Manning, Henry, Portis, Maroney, and Owens

Peyton - Top Overall QB
Portis - RB’s are hardest to come by in keeper leagues
Maroney - Watch his surgery, but he should get the bulk of Pats carries in a revamped offense, Young backs, very hard to come by.
McGahee - same as portis, should have a better season with a better team.

One of Owens, Walker, Johnson.

I’m a Cowboys fan but I’d still take Walker because of age and Cutler throwing him the ball.
Owens and Johnson are close seconds. Owens probably gets in the endzone more than the other two.

No brainer, IMO:

Manning, Portis, Maroney, McGahee and Owens

RB’s will forever be a premium in all fantasy leagues so you keep as many as possible. I’d almost argue to keep Henry over Owens but b/c you’re in a TD league, I’d keep Owens over Henry. But if you opted to keep Manning + 4 RB’s, you can’t really go wrong. You can never have too much depth at RB, whether your use them or dangle them as trade bait.

:checks calender:

yep, it’s May. WTF?

I would keep a QB, 3 RBs, and 1 WR. Since you can only start 2 RBs, I definitely wouldn’t keep 4 unless you plan on using one as trade bait. You can’t get any points for guys on your bench, but you still need 1 solid backup RB.

I’d probably go with the 5 jcl listed above. I might keep Walker over Owens since I would have a hard time bringing myself to pull for TO. He is also more of a risk to get suspended or kicked off of a team mid season than Walker.

:checks calender:

yep, it’s May. WTF?

Never too early for FF discussions, especially for those in keeper leagues. Lot of leagues require keeper declarations shortly after the NFL draft. Working on my keepers currently as well.

Our keepers are only allowed to be claimed from the 41st pick and beyond so that studs aren’t protected. So, my options are a little more difficult. Leaning towards Cedric Benson and Chester Taylor as of right now.