Here is another Name

Here is another name: Jeff Capel, Head coach at VCU. I think I would take him over the “DOH”

However, he will most likely not get a chance. and of course the position isnt even open yet…

I like the ‘Capel’ idea. I am not sure he is qualified - because he hasn’t been truly tested against the type of competition Charlotte faces each game. But - if they wanted to give him a chance - I would I guess.

It’s not like I have a choice anyway.

RaleighNiner, this is the same suggestion I put in another thread. I believe he gets the most out of his talent, has he team play extremely hard all the time on both ends of the court, and seems to have a great relationship with his players. He is a young guy who I feel could relate to many of the players of today, so I think this would make him a very good recruiter. I think he would be an excellent name to consider.

I agree. And having played at Carolina, he would give us more fans.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 04:44 PM [b] I agree. And having played at Carolina, he would give us more fans. [/b]
What?
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 03:44 PM [b] I agree. And having played at [b]Carolina[/b], he would give us more fans. [/b]
[img]http://aggieballer.com/pictures/ME/shaved/surprised.jpg[/img]
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 03:44 PM [b] I agree. And having played at Carolina, he would give us more fans. [/b]
:lol:

As if we needed more proof that gamer is an idiot.

What part of VCU did he miss. Good lord.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 03:44 PM [b] I agree. And having played at Carolina, he would give us more fans. [/b]
We're not talking about the shoe bomber bub.

[i]Originally posted by VA49er+Mar 23 2005, 04:58 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (VA49er @ Mar 23 2005, 04:58 PM)
Gamer, l'll let you in on a little secret. Jeff played for another school. Call 919-613-7500 and ask for Mike. He'll confirm it.

JEFF CAPEL

My worry is that Capel (The ex-Duke one) will just use us as a stepping-stone to another big-time gig.

[i]Originally posted by 49ermullets1[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 04:21 PM [b] My worry is that Capel (The ex-Duke one) will just use us as a stepping-stone to another big-time gig. [/b]
Unless we get an alum who wants to stay, that will be the case with pretty much anybody we hire.

I like Capel. My only concern is his age. He’s only 30 years old. I can get over that though.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 04:44 PM [b] I agree. And having played at Carolina, he would give us more fans. [/b]
You've got be choking on that thing by now. Come up for air already.
[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 05:26 PM [b] I like Capel. My only concern is his age. He's only 30 years old. I can get over that though. [/b]
Capel was courted heavily after last year's tournament run. I think it may have been Auburn but not sure. VCU stepped up to the plate with more money and he stayed here in Richmond with VCU.

It was Jason Capel, Jeffs brother who played for Carolina. I had the wrong one in mind. Of course, with Carolina and Duke both familiar with the Capels, it would be great for Charlotte to get him.

On the Eve of potentially losing our coach, we need to have our own list:

Besides Early and Pierre. Here are some other ones for you, we need to interview;

Dakich - Bowling Green, you guys would like this guy.

McKillop - of course knows Charlotte and from the NE

CUSA coaches - who would you interview - Soderberg (sp?) with our talent he could win, what about the coach of USF his team looked impressive at the end of the season, he beat Cinci in the tournament.

A10 coaches - ?

You may hear Whittenburg - Fordham , his name mentioned he is well thought of but coming off a bad year.

I would cross Mckillop off the list. He would never insult Davidson by coming here, besides he makes more there than Lutz does here with half the pressure of winning.

[i]Originally posted by VA49er+Mar 23 2005, 04:31 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (VA49er @ Mar 23 2005, 04:31 PM)