Hire former 49er

Hey guys, this is Tripp (#14 walk on, from a few years ago).

Anyways, I keep up with this forum a good bit and love reading everyones post in here.

It’s really nice to see such an enthusiastic group that is dedicated to the 49ers. It really means a lot to the team year after year to have such great fans.

Well, I don’t really post in here too often but I thought this may be a great resource for me. So here it goes… I need a job!

I have a computer engineering degree from Charlotte and have been recently laid off and have been looking for a good company to jump on board with. If any one here thinks they can help feel free to shoot me an email and let me know.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing back from everyone.

-Tripp Miller (#14 2003-2006)

Welcome to the board, Tripp!

bump

Tripp, good luck (and nice run by the East Lincoln Mustangs this season)!

bump

Welcome to the board. I wish I could help. I know several here are in your same situation. The only thing I can do is pass this along from the alumni assoiciation.

http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/about_us/news_detail.asp?news_id=210

Alumni Association Sponsors Alumni Career Management Series

Posted: 3/5/2009
In response to the turbulent economy, the Alumni Association is sponsoring the UNC Charlotte Alumni Career Management Series to help alumni in career transition. There will be a series of six segments, all held at the Harris Alumni Center at Johnson Glen on UNC Charlotte’s campus. All alumni are invited to attend. Please see below for dates, times, and program descriptions.

Program: Reflect, Rebuild, and Reposition
Thursday, 3/19/09
5:30pm-6:00pm Registration & Informal Networking
6:00pm-7:15pm Program
7:15pm-8:00pm Refreshments/informal networking
Speaker: Dr. Wesley Carter, ’88, editor-in-chief, Working Charlotte Magazine
Program Description: Make an instant impact on your world. Discover the elements of a winning mental model and leverage the recession to create a new leadership paradigm capable of launching you into a future filled with infinite possibilities. Navigate the current economic conditions with fortitude by understanding the dynamics of powerful thinking and strategic leadership. Reflect, rebuild, and reposition yourself for 2009!
Please click here to register for this session.

Program: Job Searching-Managing the Downs Successfully
Wednesday, 4/8/09
Speakers: John Snelsire, ’89, certified career coach; Katie Topper, MSW
Program Description: Managing the downs of job search is a critical competitive advantage in today’s challenging economy. Katie and John will provide specific techniques to engage your strengths and present your best self. This session provides information for everyone (not just searchers). Please join us for an empowering and uplifting session.

Program: Dealing with Ambiguity: Knowing What to Do
Monday, 4/13/09
Speaker: Debbie Creed, ’78, professional career coach
Program Description: At some point we all have to make decisions and take action without enough information to formulate a total picture. This is particularly true during job transition. The lack of a clear picture of the future often creates uncertainty, ambiguity, and conflict. Many can effectively handle risk and uncertainty. For others, uncertainty creates anxiety that inhibits effective decision-making and creativity. A core competency required in today’s work environment is effectively dealing with ambiguity. Managing ambiguity can be learned and improved with practice.

Program: Utilizing your Career Center for Your Job Search and Transition—We’re Here to Help!
Thursday, 4/30/09
Speaker: Lenore Webb, University Career Services, UNC Charlotte
Program Description: UNC Charlotte alumni have access to a variety of free career services through the University Career Center. In this session, Lenore Webb, Alumni Career Advisor, will focus on ways to effectively utilize free sources for your job search and transition, including our Alumni Jobs Database, Employer Network, Alumni Career Advising Services, Library Resources, and Career Events that can be invaluable tools in your career planning and targeted job search. She will also discuss successful strategies employed by alumni she has advised at UNC Charlotte.

Program: Interviewing to Win
Wednesday, 05/06/09
Speaker: Joe Hanel ’84, CPA, Director, Sherpa LLC
Program Description: In today’s economy, there will be fewer opportunities to interview for the job you want, let alone the job you might settle for. Increase your chance of winning in the high stakes
competition of the interview. Joe will discuss the art and science of interviewing with the
goal of putting you in the position to win more of these contests.

Program: UNC Charlotte Resources Night
Thursday, 5/21/09
6:00pm-7:00pm Program
7:00pm-8:00pm Resource Fair, Informal Networking & Refreshments
Speakers:
University Career Center Lenore Webb
Pathway to Teaching Amanda Macon
Small Business and Technology George McAllister
Development Center
Belk College Graduate Jeremiah Nelson
Programs
Continuing Education Samantha Abt-Bumgarner
Distance Education Shanna Coles
Graduate School Johnna Watson
Program Description: Learn about the many resources your University is making available to alumni during these difficult economic times. Talk directly with the representatives of many UNC Charlotte academic areas at this informative evening session, and don’t forget to visit the Resource Fair!