Historical recruiting success?

Just accidentally found this and thought it was interesting. I know it’s just one service and it only represents one class. But I think it does have some benefit for the Pro Lutz side as fair as his coaching ability (perhaps not recruiting though). Check out #268!!!

[URL]http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/classof2004-finalrankings-top600.html[/URL]

More evidence on how much hoopscoop blows. "What? Kenny George can dunk without leaving his feet? Rank him dead last - behind walk-ons.

I also like how Pat Calathes was ranked #350. But his younger brother (who is a half-foot shorter) was ranked in the Top 20 in Hoopscoop for '07.

[B][URL=http://duquesne.scout.com/a.z?s=420&p=8&c=1&nid=915845]Scout listed Goldwire #23 for PGs in 2004[/URL][/B]. So, I think all it shows is that hoopscoop doesn’t know what the hell they’re talking about.

hoopscoop really sucks number 312 on that list is chris lofton the guard from tennesse

these lists are only really good for the 50 or so because there are so many kids to try and rate

More shafted A-10 notables:

1. Brian Roberts - Dayton
  2. Bryant Dunston - Fordham :huh:
  3. Will Daniels - Rhode Island

They also rank this years recruiting class 13th, we’ll see about that in a couple years.

[QUOTE=niner_2006;296866]They also rank this years recruiting class 13th, we’ll see about that in a couple years.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board. Hoopscoop actually did NOT rank this years recruiting class 13th - the athletic dept dreamed that up to feel better about themselves.

Pat Calathes 350

Welcome to the board. Hoopscoop actually did NOT rank this years recruiting class 13th - the athletic dept dreamed that up to feel better about themselves.

I thought that was a little odd when I read it in the program.

We havent had a recruiting class ranked as high as 13th since the freshman class that featured Martin Iti.

:wink:

[QUOTE=niner_2006;296869]I thought that was a little odd when I read it in the program.[/QUOTE]

What’s odd is that the school would give ‘poopscoop’ any credibility. It’s the laughingstock of recruiting sites:

Class of 2007 Rankings:
#6 DePaul
#18 Charlotte
#31 Morehead State
#37 Kansas State (w/Beasley)
#41 Ball State
#81 Lamar
#110 (tie) Bethune-Cookman & Robert Morris
#115 Xavier
#116 Louisville
#119 St. Bonaventure
#140 Clemson
#190 (tie) West Virginia & Tennessee
#215 Minnesota
#257 UConn

hoopscoop measures on quantity, not quality. If your school signs 10 players with a 1 rating and another school signs 1 player with a 9 rating, your school is ranked higher. Terrible system.

Lofton was a sleeper out of HS, I saw a thing on tv about that.

Other misses include:

1. Rodney Stuckey (Eastern Washington / 1st Round Pick #15 Detroit Pistons in 07)
  2. Martin Zeno (Texas Tech)
  3. AJ Graves (Butler)
  4. Abdulai Jalloh (St. Joes / James Madison)
  5. Jason Thompson (Rider - will be 1st round pick in 08)
  6. Johnathan Wallace (Georgetown - has started every game in 4 year career)
  7. Jason Smith (Colorado State - 1st Round Pick #20 overall Miami Heat 07, traded to 76ers)
  8. Sam Young (Pittsburgh)
  9. Patrick O’Bryant (Bradley - 1st Round Pick #9 Golden State Warriors in 06)
  10. Luke Nevill (Utah - from Austrailia - Wade Heliwell he is not)

[QUOTE=niner_2006;296869]I thought that was a little odd when I read it in the program.[/QUOTE]

This class was ranked #13 by hoopscoop. They rank each guy and then add up the scores. Obviously it’s not the best measure as far as quality goes but it clearly equates to us bringing in a lot of new faces, many of which were Freshman and sophomores. From the thread in the Recruiting forum.

Updated rankings from Hoopscoop as of 4/27/07, now #13. (They had previously omitted Javarris Barnett)

[QUOTE]13. CHARLOTTE (26 Points)…6 Recruits…4.3 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit…Atlantic-10 Conference…(8) Charlie Coley, 6’7, WF, Dodge City (JC) KS; (6) Lamont Mack, 6’7, PF, Angelina (JC) TX; (3) Dijuan Harris, 5’9, PG, Hillsborough (JC) FL; (3) An’Juan Wilderness, 6’7, PF, Lenoir (Patterson School) NC; (3) Gaby Ngoundjo, 6’7, PF, Little Rock (Christian) AR; (3) Javarris Barnett, 6’5, 2G, Charlotte (Victory Christian) NC. [/QUOTE]

The last free ranking posted was Dec 06, it’s updated daily for members and the above represents 4/27/07.

[URL=http://www.hoopscooponline.com/visitors/scoop-free.html]http://www.hoopscooponline.com/visitors/scoop-free.html[/URL]

This class was ranked #13 by hoopscoop. They rank each guy and then add up the scores. Obviously it's not the best measure as far as quality goes but it clearly equates to us bringing in a lot of new faces, many of which were Freshman and sophomores. From the thread in the Recruiting forum.

Updated rankings from Hoopscoop as of 4/27/07, now #13. (They had previously omitted Javarris Barnett)

The last free ranking posted was Dec 06, it’s updated daily for members and the above represents 4/27/07.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/visitors/scoop-free.html

lets be brutally honest: implying we had the 13th best recruiting class is plain silly. ridiculous. It doesn’t matter what some dork in his mom’s basement ran website said or not.

The last free ranking posted was Dec 06, it's updated daily for members and the above represents 4/27/07.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/visitors/scoop-free.html

I hope that did not effect Morehead State’s status.

[QUOTE]
13. CHARLOTTE (26 Points)…6 Recruits…4.3 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit…Atlantic-10 Conference…(8) Charlie Coley, 6’7, WF, Dodge City (JC) KS; (6) Lamont Mack, 6’7, PF, Angelina (JC) TX; (3) An’Juan Wilderness, 6’7, PF, Lenoir (Patterson School) NC;[/QUOTE]

You need 14 bowls of An’juan Wilderness to equal the vitamins and minerals from just 3 bowls of Mack & Coley.

More evidence on how much hoopscoop blows. "What? Kenny George can dunk without leaving his feet? Rank him dead last - behind walk-ons.

I also like how Pat Calathes was ranked #350. But his younger brother (who is a half-foot shorter) was ranked in the Top 20 in Hoopscoop for '07.

Scout listed Goldwire #23 for PGs in 2004. So, I think all it shows is that hoopscoop doesn’t know what the hell they’re talking about.

Agreed, I don’t like Hoopscoops method either. But what I find interesting is the individual ranking, not the team ranking. This year’s Charlotte SR class has the #268 over-all rated player and that’s it. Even if you use his Scout ranking of #23 PG, it still only leaves him around #115 over-all. Hard to compete on the court with a recruiting class like that.

Even if you use his Scout ranking of #23 PG, it still only leaves him around #115 over-all. Hard to compete on the court with a recruiting class like that.

Clemson is fairly competitive … yet they have not picked up anyone ranked better than #115 on the rivals Top 150 since they signed James Mays back in 2004 (#103).

Clemson is fairly competitive ... yet they have not picked up anyone ranked better than #115 on the rivals Top 150 since they signed James Mays back in 2004 (#103).

I see your point but Clemson may be a bad example as they have about 5 guys we recruited and we lost to them on. KC Rivers was #117. Potter #119. Powell may have not been top 115 on there but I believe he was on others.