Hofstra wants to join A-10

[URL]http://www.nypost.com/seven/05072009/sports/college/hofstra_considers_atlantic_10_168088.htm[/URL]

More Monstra? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Rather have Hofstra than Fordham.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;406978]Rather have Hofstra than Fordham.[/QUOTE]

i would rather have fordham. at least fordham can recruit. i think fordham has a much higher ceiling if they ever get it together.

If it means kicking out Fordham, I’m all for it. Hofstra had a pretty good team a few years back. I don’t think Fordham has had a good team in the span of my life. Hofstra’s facilities certainly couldn’t be worse.

Hofstra has been a good program for a while. The way we have been playing the A-10 could drop us for them, since they are a better fit, then we go to the CAA.

I’d be very willing to make the trade for hofstra over fordham, the rams just keep finding ways to get worse, and history shows that hofstra cares about basketball

[QUOTE]By joining the Atlantic 10, Hofstra and Fordham would become instant rivals. [/QUOTE]

a 15 team non-bcs league is just not that good of an idea, i dont know how the big least doesnt with depaul weighing them down

Rather have Hofstra than Fordham.

this.

Thats just what the Atlantic 10 needs. A 15th team.

[QUOTE=casstommy;406993]Thats just what the Atlantic 10 needs. A 15th team.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they become a 15th. I could see one of two things happening: Saint Louis leaves for the MVC, or the A10 tells Fordham to start building a better facility or Hofstra will represent NYC.

I doubt they become a 15th. I could see one of two things happening: Saint Louis leaves for the MVC, or the A10 tells Fordham to start building a better facility or Hofstra will represent NYC.

I guess I wouldnt mind a hofstra/fordham trade. But I think the Atlantic 10 is about 4 teams to large.

The A-10 needs to cut St Bonnie, Fordham, La Salle, and Duquesne. Our RPI will increase automatically.

Xavier
Dayton
UMass
Temple
Saint Joes
Charlotte
GW
Rhode Island
Saint Louis
Richmond

That looks a lot better.

Uh, Lasalle finished ahead of us last year, so did Duquense.

at least fordham can recruit.

No, they can’t. Their recruiting over the past 4 years resulted in 3-25; RPI #317. If Jio Fontan leaves, Fordham will probably be even get worse over the next few years.

Hofstra regularly makes the NIT and wins ~20 games/season. With better conference affiliation, Coach Pecora should be able to draw better recruits with relative ease.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;406999]The A-10 needs to cut St Bonnie, Fordham, La Salle, and Duquesne. Our RPI will increase automatically.

[/QUOTE]

We only beat one of these teams last year.

Ok, so kick us out instead? I just think 14 teams looks ridiculous. I’d rather have a smaller conf and play every team twice a year. Consequently it would make more sense to remove the programs that historically have performed at a lower level.

St Bonaventure and Fordham are bad, no doubt. But we’re not in any position to talk about kicking someone out right now. When we’re at Dayton, Temple or St Joe’s level, we’ll talk.

Maybe they are planning on us leaving due to football?

I think the Atlantic 10 is about 4 teams to large.
The A-10 needs to cut St Bonnie, Fordham, La Salle, and Duquesne. Our RPI will increase automatically.

Xavier
Dayton
UMass
Temple
Saint Joes
Charlotte
GW
Rhode Island
Saint Louis
Richmond

That looks a lot better.

:clap:
http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14642&highlight=kick+them+out

Uh, Lasalle finished ahead of us last year, so did Duquense.
We only beat one of these teams last year.
Our worst season in 30 years. It's an outlier.