How is this Legal?

Where are the lawyers on this board?

I’m hoping the NFL & NFLPA can work out things, but I don’t understand a lockout. I’ve heard of labor striking, but how the hell can the boss go on strike? WTH?

I think the negotiator should lock both sides in a room, no bathroom, no water, no food, no going home, no cells, no nothing until a deal is signed.

I hope both sides stick to their principles and don’t budge, even if we don’t have an NFL game all season.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:1, topic:25078”]Where are the lawyers on this board?

I’m hoping the NFL & NFLPA can work out things, but I don’t understand a lockout. I’ve heard of labor striking, but how the hell can the boss go on strike? WTH?[/quote]
Well it basically would be a labor strike. Same with any union, they want something and bosses want something. If the players don’t get what they want, no players. If the Owners don’t get what they want, no deal is signed and so the laborers continue to strike.

I hope both sides stick to their principles and don't budge, even if we don't have an NFL game all season.
Hush you.

But bust the Union isn’t on strike. The owners locked them out. A boss can’t go on strike.

Oh, & the TV deal to get paid during a lockout, & telling Fox if they didn’t like it, not TV contract is some BS.

Also, why does the NFL Commish & NFL Spokesman side with the owners? Shouldn’t they be neutral? The Co-Chairs of the Owners Comm., Richardson & another guy, are equal to the Union Exec. Dir. The Commish should be neutral. The problem is only the Owners approve the Commish. The Commish should be approved by the Owners & the Union.

And I stand by, lock them in a room with no water, food, bathroom, sleep, etc. till they play ball. Damn billionaires & millionaires.

A buisness owner can close their buisness whenever they want and they don’t have to ask for permission from the employees to do so. The NFL Commissioner works for the owners, he’s their employee just as much as the players are.

Yep, another tidbit is that with a lockout there can be no “scabs” or “replacement players”, unlike if the players strike. Maybe ya’ll already knew that though.

Thank goodness that’s over. A whole year without football is too much to bear.

doesn’t matter but I side with the Owners. I wish I could make demands to my company… I’m sure they would listen to me.

I just don’t understand how employees can make demands of owners. I’d have more sympathy if they were coal miners 100 years ago or diamond miners in Africa now adays.

Heard espn that both the owners and the players bring the money in… but who has all the risk?

:facepalm:

There is no free market. Risk is minimal & highly subsidized by taxpayers. They have an anti-trust exepmtion.

How many times does it need said before it sinks in? Jheez.

explain further plz.

So what risk does an owner truely have?

Most owners of most pro sports get subsidies for their stadium. The Nfl owners are upset because the debt on 1/2 the stadium for most is expensive because the other 1/2 of most was paid by the city or state.

Who has the risk? Well owners don’t have shitty health for the next 50 years.

There is no free market. Risk is minimal & highly subsidized by taxpayers. They have an anti-trust exepmtion.

How many times does it need said before it sinks in? Jheez.[/quote]
Yes, this is partly true, but how many people do you know who have enough money to start (or buy) an NFL franchise? Thus, there is still skin in the game for owners. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous.