Huggins Thread

“I think there is a chance he stays at KSU if Beilein leaves WVU. He has often stated WVU is his dream job and WVU will have him on the top of their list, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will stab his friends at KSU in the back”

CLASSIC!!!

The problem is would KSU let these kids out of the LOI? If not Huggins would probably stay at KSU.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;229017]The problem is would KSU let these kids out of the LOI? If not Huggins would probably stay at KSU.[/QUOTE]

Getting out of those LOIs is one of the things making this scenario so interesting. What a BIG STINK that will be, regardless of the outcome.

Here’s my question… If Huggins bolts and the recruits wind up going to KSU anyway, what happens to a certain former Niner assistant currently on the KSU staff?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;229039]
Here’s my question… If Huggins bolts and the recruits wind up going to KSU anyway, what happens to a certain former Niner assistant currently on the KSU staff?[/QUOTE]

Vewy intewesting, in the words of one Elmer Fudd. Dalonte would pretty much have to follow Huggy, but Beasley could not (without the release). Would Benedict, er Dalonte, then get canned since Beasley is not coming to WVU? :confused: :ohmy:

If I’m K-State, there’s no way in h*!! I let those kids out of those LOI’s. Huggy was hired to bring in those kind of recruits and in turn elevate their b-ball program. He’s done that, but now it will be destroyed if he takes all of his recruits with him. I wouldn’t let the recruits leave just because he jumps ship.

I still do not think Huggy will leave, but should he surprise me there is no way I would release the prize recruits if I’m the K-State AD. Though they expect to play for Huggins, they committed to the school. They would play for K-State, play JUCO, or sit out altogether their “freshman year”. :mallet:

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;229039]Getting out of those LOIs is one of the things making this scenario so interesting. What a BIG STINK that will be, regardless of the outcome.

Here’s my question… If Huggins bolts and the recruits wind up going to KSU anyway, what happens to a certain former Niner assistant currently on the KSU staff?[/QUOTE]

The closest situation to his I can think of is Oklahoma last year. When Sampson went to IU, OU released all the recruits that Sampson had signed. Reynolds went to Villanova and James went to Texas.

Somehow, Dalonte just wouldn’t look the same in bib overalls and bubba teeth.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;229047]The closest situation to his I can think of is Oklahoma last year. When Sampson went to IU, OU released all the recruits that Sampson had signed. Reynolds went to Villanova and James went to Texas.[/QUOTE]

How did Sampson sign either of those guys anyway? Reynolds is a big-time scorer and his offensive talent would have been probably wasted in Oklahoma’s style of play.

James jacked up a ton of shots as well, but that is just because Rick Barnes can’t coach.

Look guys. We all know Mr. Huggins. When you look up integrity in the dictionary, his picture is right beside it. There is no way Mr. Huggins will leave the outstandingly fabulous city of Manhattan. Why would he? He will keep his word, “clean up” that program called KSU, and get it up to the standards he had at Cincinatti. Then, when all of their players are in prison, KSU is on probation, and all of the cows and cornfields have died due to a massive tornado storm called Thuggy Bear, he will move on to “clean up” the next program, and bring them “quality” recruits. The cycle will go on and on and on until all of the programs in college basketball are infected by the Thugz virus, or until he gets thrown in prison for another DUI.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;229053]How did Sampson sign either of those guys anyway?[/QUOTE]

Recruiting Violations…thats how

I don’t think WVU would offer him the job a 2nd time. What do you think they are, UNC? Only UNC would denigrate themselves to a person that turned them down before?
Plus, Huggins would have to re-recruit Beasley.

I don't think WVU would offer him the job a 2nd time. What do you think they are, UNC? Only UNC would denigrate themselves to a person that turned them down before? Plus, Huggins would have to re-recruit Beasley.

Beasley goes where Hill goes. End of story.
If Huggins/Hill were to leave and KSU did not release, Beasley can just tell KSU to F-off, prep another year, and go straight to the NBA.

He wouldn’t have to re recruit Beasley, he met Beasley once I believe before the guy decides he wants to play for him. Then he doesn’t even care to visit the place he’ll be playing out in Kansas. Dalonte owns Beasley. Where he goes he brings the kid.

In the Oklahoma situation Jeff Capel let the kids out of their LOI with little resistance and has already recruited guys like Blake Griffin. I’m not sure if KSU would be as kind.:popcorn:

I’ve waited until you’ve all worked yourselves into a proper lather prior to responding on this subject. Huggins’ isn’t going anywhere…to your dismay. He loves Manhattan…he loves the support he has/will continue to be given by an administration that “gave him a chance”…one of his daughters is moving to Manhattan to attend KSU…oh, yeah, he has the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in…he isn’t going anywhere…period.

:headbang:

Ok… who … said… he … was … leaving?

[QUOTE=KSU Wildcats Suck;229104] Come Toto!

[/QUOTE]

When Huggins leaves for WVU, that sound you hear will be my laughter. If you believe one bit of what he says, you’re a damned fool.

[QUOTE=KSU Wildcats Suck;229104]I’ve waited until you’ve all worked yourselves into a proper lather prior to responding on this subject. Huggins’ isn’t going anywhere…to your dismay. He loves Manhattan…he loves the support he has/will continue to be given by an administration that “gave him a chance”…one of his daughters is moving to Manhattan to attend KSU…oh, yeah, he has the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in…he isn’t going anywhere…period.

:headbang:[/QUOTE]

Your continued trolling on the Charlotte 49er message board is noted…you flatter us!

A few questions (I wont get into the Huggy to WVU stuff cause I dont think it will happen)

1. How do you feel about the re-recruitment of child beater tyree evans to the wonderful institution of KSU by Bobby “I get a bad rap in the media” Thuggins? What bothers you more…the fact that Huggy continues to prove us right by recruiting these criminals, or the fact that your AD so willingly took one in the rear and retracted his “we will no longer recruit Tyree” statement?

2. How is it that you guys have the number one recruiting class in the nation next year? Youve got Beasley, who is great, and a few shooting guards…but isnt that about it? 1 McD AA? I dont get it? Your not including Walker in next year are you? Duke and Nova both have better classes. Whats the deal?

I think the NCAA should investigate Hill. There’s something fishy when a grown man not in the family has sway over a kid.

I’m not saying he’s leaving, but I must say, y’all also tried to claim that Beasley wasn’t leaving you because his coach would never allow him to decommit… No one really has a clue. There is speculation all over the place. We’ll just have to see if he has moved onto that land he has in WV or not come November. Until then, :popcorn:

[QUOTE=arizona message board]Apparently Huggie has a special clause in his contract that severely lowers the buyout cost if he gets an offer from WVU, his alma mater.[/QUOTE]

As the plot thickens…

The special provisionary buyout clause for WVU has been posted numerous times on the KSU message board by NUMEROUS WVU fans. Most KSU fans think the buyout clause means nothing, the world is flat, man has yet to invent a flying machine, tobacco is good for you, and Huggins will never leave them for any other school.

And why does that KSU goatsucker keep trolling our board? All the action is on the KSU board.