Huggins Thread

Your continued trolling on the Charlotte 49er message board is noted....you flatter us!

A few questions (I wont get into the Huggy to WVU stuff cause I dont think it will happen)

1. How do you feel about the re-recruitment of child beater tyree evans to the wonderful institution of KSU by Bobby “I get a bad rap in the media” Thuggins? What bothers you more…the fact that Huggy continues to prove us right by recruiting these criminals, or the fact that your AD so willingly took one in the rear and retracted his “we will no longer recruit Tyree” statement?

[COLOR=red]It’s not a done deal yet. He (Evans) may have "committed " to [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]KSU, [/COLOR][COLOR=red]but KSU has not signed him[COLOR=black] ([/COLOR][COLOR=black]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?sport=2&school=34&year=2007#page1[/COLOR]). If that happens, I would be disappointed in the administration…unless of course he scores 25/game :headbang: [/COLOR]

1. How is it that you guys have the number one recruiting class in the nation next year? Youve got Beasley, who is great, and a few shooting guards…but isnt that about it? 1 McD AA? I dont get it? Your not including Walker in next year are you? Duke and Nova both have better classes. Whats the deal?

[COLOR=black]http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&yr=2007[/COLOR] also listed # 1 by Rivals and SI…don’t know why all list Walker as part of the class…it has something to do with the “class he would have graduated with” and the fact that he left early. Don’t shoot the messenger.

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=KSU Wildcats Suck;229119][URL=http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&yr=2007][COLOR=black]http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&yr=2007[/COLOR][/URL] also listed # 1 by Rivals and SI…don’t know why all list Walker as part of the class…it has something to do with the “class he would have graduated with” and the fact that he left early. Don’t shoot the messenger.

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

ahhhh…ok…thats what I thought. So you guys dont have the number 1 recruiting class next year. A couple of people are just to stupid to understand that sophmores arent the same as freshmen. Wonder how long it will take before all schools just combine the freshman and sophmore classes together to say they have the best freshman class in the nation.

[QUOTE=KSU Wildcats Suck;229119]
blah blah blah lies lies and more lies. Don’t shoot the messenger.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe the messenger should not twist the facts.

And why do people keep telling us not to shoot the messenger? Persinger also used the exact same statement last week.

Please tell me some of you have heard this rumor. This is being printed at FOXSports.com any minute. If this isn’t hilarious, I don’t know what is…
-G-

Jeff Goodman

Bob Huggins could be headed back home to Morgantown. Seriously.

The Kansas State head coach, who took over the program a year ago, will likely make a decision in the next few days whether to remain in Manhattan, Kan., or return home and take over at West Virginia.

According to sources close to situation, Huggins met with representatives from West Virginia in Ohio in the past 48 hours – after John Beilein left for Michigan. He will return to Manhattan tonight and is expected to meet with Kansas State officials within the next 24 hours.

Two industry sources said the West Virginia job is Huggins’ – if he wants it.

Huggins, 53, was born in Morgantown and played at West Virginia. He was also a graduate assistant at the school.

Huggins was passed over last time the job opened – partially because West Virginia president David Hardesty Jr., was not a Huggins supporter. Hardesty is retiring in September and does not have much – if at all – to do with the hiring this time around.

A new president will likely be selected in the next two weeks.

This decision on whether Huggins will stay at Kansas State obviously isn’t about money.

Huggins was hired by Kansas State athletic director Tim Weiser a year ago and Huggins feels some loyalty because Weiser and the administration has been good to him – after he was fired at Cincinnati.

Kansas State finished 23-12 and made it to the NIT. He will get athletic forward Bill Walker back for a full season next year despite the athletic freshman suffering a torn ACL soon after becoming eligible at the mid-semester break.

Huggins will also add one of the most talented players in the country, forward Michael Beasley, and Jacob Pullen – a critical piece of the team because of his toughness and ability to run a team.

However, West Virginia is where he grew up, played and has tons of support.

If Huggins doesn’t take the West Virginia job, other names that have popped up are Wake Forest’s Skip Prosser, former Beilein assistant and current Eastern Kentucky head coach Jeff Neubauer, Winthrop’s Gregg Marshall, South Alabama’s John Pelphrey and Duquesne head coach Ron Everhart – one of Huggins’ best friends in the business.

Go with your heart Thugs.

[QUOTE=GMadness;229488]Duquesne head coach Ron Everhart – one of Huggins’ best friends in the business.[/QUOTE]
[B][SIZE=7]BEWARE![/SIZE][/B]
We all know what it’s like to be one of his “friends.”

Gmadness, thanks for the update. We’ve actually been discussing the possibility of Thugs winding up at WVU for a couple of days in another thread. I see things are moving right along at a swift rate.

Please keep us updated if you hear any other news.

There would be something good to occur if Huggins moves to West Virginia. Queen Nancy Z would squirm each time the Bearcats had to play WVU in basketball. Huggins isn’t the devil, but she’s close to it.

I really don’t think I could see him leaving the talent he has coming in next season, but he has stabbed others in the back before (cough…cough…Lutz…cough) so it wouldn’t suprise me.

I really don't think I could see him leaving the talent he has coming in next season, but he has stabbed others in the back before (cough..cough..Lutz..cough) so it wouldn't suprise me.

WVU is apparently his dream job. He has never really been loyal to teams in the past. as long as WVU offers him more money than he can make at KSU then he’ll take the job without any questions asked.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;229497]WVU is apparently his dream job. He has never really been loyal to teams in the past. as long as WVU offers him more money than he can make at KSU then he’ll take the job without any questions asked.[/QUOTE]

He coached at Cincy for 16 years and would still be if it wasn’t for the pres., that is pretty loyal to me.

Great…

[QUOTE]You guys act like if Huggins went to WVU that his recruits wouldnt think about coming to WVU with him… They would leave you in a heartbeat. [B]The old saying is you are recruited by the university not the coach…Thats not true in Huggins case. Those kids are playing in purple, “for gods sake”, uniforms only for Huggins.[/B]

Come home Huggins and bring your recruits with you…[/QUOTE]
But the best line was this one…

[QUOTE][B]I’m guessing Dalonte Hill could get quite a few job offers if he was on the market…[/B][/QUOTE]
[URL=http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173#S=173&F=2671&T=354928][B]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173#S=173&F=2671&T=354928[/B][/URL]

What goes around, comes around.

KSU fans are a reality show inspiration…

[QUOTE] I’m sure he’d love to stay at K-State for a while. He realizes our tradition.
[/QUOTE]

Wow…just wow.

[QUOTE]He is coaching in the state where basketball was invented. How much better can it get?[/QUOTE]

This guy forgets that Dr. Naismith invented the game in Springfield, Mass

PLUS…

There are a number of posts citing that they need to hire Dalonte as their head coach just so they can keep Beasley!!! What a disaster!! Dalonte never did anything for us as an assistant…and he’s ready to be a head coach!!!

Not to mention how much I love the fact that Huggy will stay because he is so close to Walker. He will make a decision on his own basketball career and future simply because of 1 kid that may stay 1-2 yrs!!!

HILARIOUS!!!

YOU CAN’T WRITE THIS KIND OF MATERIAL!!!

I think it is funny as sh$%

ESPN says it’s a done deal…on the front page of espn.com

nmv…someone posted a bogus link on KSU board…got me…my bad

I’ll believe it when I see it…and 3 games into next season.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;229489]Go with your heart Thugs.[/QUOTE]

Heart?

Heart?

Isn’t the principle industry in WV coal mining?

[QUOTE=KTown49er;229512]ESPN says it’s a done deal…on the front page of espn.com

nmv…someone posted a bogus link on KSU board…got me…my bad[/QUOTE]

Did you read the entire page? Dude had put as a headline “Dick Vitale: I raped the Easter Bunny”

:lmao: That had me rollin.