Hurt a Curt

New A-10 College version of Hack a Shaq…

You “heard” it here first.

Lutz Should make Curt room with Leemire. Make Curt get up every morning and shoot Free Throws in the gym.

He should have had a 30/20 game if he could have made his free throws.

CURT WAS A MAN TONIGHT STRAIGHT UP

[QUOTE=Tenniner;152237]New A-10 College version of Hack a Shaq…

You “heard” it here first.[/QUOTE]
I’m thinking Ben Wallace. How about that clown on the ESPN telecast saying he would need to go to the “D” league or Europe before the NBA?

Love the phrase!

[QUOTE=Tenniner;152237]New A-10 College version of Hack a Shaq…

You “heard” it here first.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it seems to work.

[Quote] I’m thinking Ben Wallace. How about that clown on the ESPN telecast saying he would need to go to the “D” league or Europe before the NBA?[/Quote]

I almost want Curt to go to the D league or the Bobcats (just so i’ll have an excuse to go to a lot of games). If Curt can learn how to play with that type of intensity the whole game, then he could be a hell of an NBA player. But I wouldn’t mind him learning a year or two in the D league or Europe.

He has all the talent, but he needs to learn how to position himself to get the ball better on offense and call for the ball. He’s had a lot of his points this year from Offensive rebounds and being able to drive a little.

If he goes to the NBA and doesn’t know how to post up BIGGER defenders, hes going to have trouble.

His best game of the season thus far v Dayton. He was amazing and he still has a lot of room for improvement in FTs. It’ll be interesting to see if he can keep it up like he has vs the Bonnies and the Flyers when we take on Temple.

Curt was amazing but could very well be one of the worst free throw shooters I’ve ever seen. That’s such a terrible weakness for him/us too because of how many times he’s gonna go to the line. His mechanics are abysmal. I’m sure he works on free throws all the time but I never see any changes in his form which I think is a huge part of it. He shoots on the way down and the majority of his shots come up short.

If he could shoot at least 75% from the line, his stats would be even more impressive than they currently are. With that said, his break-away dunk was nasty. I wasn’t even sure if he was going to be able to slam it because of the angle he had. That’s sure to make a top 10 plays list on SportsCenter.

i think that block coleman had would make a top 10 possibilty that was just SICK!

The reverse dunk off the offensive rebound was nasty.

i think that block coleman had would make a top 10 possibilty that was just SICK!

He had 3 very nice ones today, including the one where he wedged the ball inbetween the rim and backboard. :tongue: Blocked shots are definitely something we could use more of. Always gets the crowd fired up.

How bout the block were he jumped ontop of the table behind the goal that was nasty

Curt’s Free Throw Percentage Year-By-Year:

02-03: 63%
03-04: 68%
04-05: 66%
05-06: 45%

I don’t know what happened, but it’s got to improve. His stroke looks great on some, then it looks like Iti the next time. Until he makes a better percentage of his shots from the charity stripe, expect a lot more hacking.

I disagree with Curt being the worst free throw shooter. That title belongs to Iti.

Does anyone want to step forward and ridicule Antwon Coleman’s dedication to losing weight now? I flat out admire the guy for the way he plays, and his committment to getting into better shape. Don’t forget, Indiana was after him too.

By the way, if anyone is going to try to take Preston Greene away from us, it might be those guys down on Mint Street. They could use someone to keep the Cats from getting hurt so much.

I’ll shut up now.

One of his all-star team coaches said Curt reminded him of a “Baby Ben”.

They do shoot ft’s similarly, unfortunately.

They’re both monsters on the boards and ferocious dunkers, though!

Curt’s no baby, though, that’s for sure!

The reverse dunk was incredible, but I did like Coleman’s block and jump on to the table.