I have never seen a team

I have never seen a team like us in the scoring column. I think balanced scoring is great and it tends to be fools gold to rely on one player too musc.

But I have never see na bunch like our guys that will score 18 one game and 2 the next.

I’m not talking about the time Lee had 3, this isn’t really about him. But I’ve seen Coley get 14/16 and then get two. Same with Wilderness, Mack, Dew.

I know different game plans call for different things, but I don’t ever remember seeing differences like this. If we can fix that next year and get 3 guys scoring consistantly, it coould be a fun year.

[QUOTE=hootie;302540]I have never seen a team like us in the scoring column. I think balanced scoring is great and it tends to be fools gold to rely on one player too musc.

But I have never see na bunch like our guys that will score 18 one game and 2 the next.

I’m not talking about the time Lee had 3, this isn’t really about him. But I’ve seen Coley get 14/16 and then get two. Same with Wilderness, Mack, Dew.

I know different game plans call for different things, but I don’t ever remember seeing differences like this. If we can fix that next year and get 3 guys scoring consistantly, it coould be a fun year.[/QUOTE]

Wow, some optimism out of Hootie. :ohmy::huh::49ers:

In the games this happens (different guys stepping up) and we win, it’s all about Lutz pushing the right buttons. :wink:

A lot of talent is a good thing. I look forward to next year…:biggrin:

Ian looked positively Jobeyesque last night. That quick release is great.

Ian looked positively Jobeyesque last night. That quick release is great.

Now let’s not get carried away. I’ve never seen Jobey airball three 3’s in a game where he also hit 5. In fact, I don’t remember ever seeing Jobey airball anything.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;302544]Wow, some optimism out of Hootie. :ohmy::huh::49ers:

In the games this happens (different guys stepping up) and we win, it’s all about Lutz pushing the right buttons. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Perception is everything. My buddies and I play golf and they laugh because I’m the most optomistic guy around. If I hit one offline, I’ll say, it’ll be fine and we get up there and it’s in play 90% of the time. I’m actually shocked when it’s not. Drives them nuts.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;302550]Now let’s not get carried away. I’ve never seen Jobey airball three 3’s in a game where he also hit 5. [B]In fact, I don’t remember ever seeing Jobey airball anything[/B].[/QUOTE]
You didn’t go to the NCAA game in Greenville in 02, then. (He had the flu, but still, he threw up some ugly shots that night). I was referring mainly to the coming off screens, quick release, etc. He’ll get there.

Wow, some optimism out of Hootie. :ohmy::huh::49ers:

In the games this happens (different guys stepping up) and we win, it’s all about Lutz pushing the right buttons. :wink:

I disagree, its not about pressing buttons. Youth is always inconsistent. Thats why you see the ups and downs this year.

[QUOTE=metro;302570]I disagree, its not about pressing buttons. Youth is always inconsistent. Thats why you see the ups and downs this year.[/QUOTE]

You know Lefty though, he’s going to give Lutz all the credit and never the blame, not that I think Lutz doesn’t deserve credit, I think we give him too much when the team does well and too much blame when the team doesn’t.

I have never seen a team like us in the scoring column. I think balanced scoring is great and it tends to be fools gold to rely on one player too musc.

I know different game plans call for different things, but I don’t ever remember seeing differences like this. If we can fix that next year and get 3 guys scoring consistantly, it coould be a fun year.

Coley: First year in Charlotte
Wilderness: First year in Charlotte
Mack: First year in Charlotte
Dew: Four years of eligibility left

With a young team, you get lots of excitement, but the downside is a higher likelihood of inconsistency. You have to be patient with a young team. It goes away with experience, which is why so many people on the board are excited about next year.

[QUOTE=metro;302570]I disagree, its not about pressing buttons. Youth is always inconsistent. Thats why you see the ups and downs this year.[/QUOTE]

Yes but you have to play the right guy in the right situation and use him properly. I’m certainly not saying this happens all the time but obviously the right decision was sticking with Ian last night when he easily could have benched for the rest of the game.

The key is to have guys to go to, first and foremost. All comes back to recruiting. Then a system that works as long as you have the right pieces. That’s why I’ve said that if Lutz had top 100 overall talent, he could really be dangerous. Problem is that if you don’t have the pieces, it’s ugly.

Last night I thought Bobby needed Ian and Lee on the floor at the same time, but not w/ Lee at the point. When he made this move, I said to myself “f**K.” I thought we wouldn’t have a way to break their trap w/ Lee at the point. That was the turning point in the game. Ian turned “en fuego” and we kept finding him. Kudos to Bobby for finding the right mix to get it done last night.

Last night I thought Bobby needed Ian and Lee on the floor at the same time, but not w/ Lee at the point. When he made this move, I said to myself "f**K." I thought we wouldn't have a way to break their trap w/ Lee at the point. That was the turning point in the game. Ian turned "en fuego" and we kept finding him. Kudos to Bobby for finding the right mix to get it done last night.

Also good move to keep Lee in late. That sounds obvious but Lee was struggling, while Ian got hot. It would have been tempting to pull Lee with about 6 to play. But he stuck with him and Lee hit 2 big shots.

Last night I thought Bobby needed Ian and Lee on the floor at the same time, but not w/ Lee at the point. When he made this move, I said to myself "f**K." I thought we wouldn't have a way to break their trap w/ Lee at the point. That was the turning point in the game. Ian turned "en fuego" and we kept finding him. Kudos to Bobby for finding the right mix to get it done last night.

The backcourt gave me flashes of last season as I wanted to hug a toilet from the desperation.

But it was working Ian was the hot one.

[QUOTE=Normmm;302624]Also good move to keep Lee in late. That sounds obvious but Lee was struggling, while Ian got hot. It would have been tempting to pull Lee with about 6 to play. But he stuck with him and Lee hit 2 big shots.[/QUOTE]

The other advantage of having Lee on the floor that we will miss most next year is his ability to draw a double team and free up other guys. That is very valueable. I will miss Lee’s hot shoooting next year, but the attention he gets is very important this year. Especially in helping our new and young guys get comfortable in D1 ball.

The scoring 15 one game and 2 the next could be partially due to each teams concentration on each player… I personally dont pay much attention to who’s being double teamed outside of lee, mainly bc you dont expect anyone to be guarded really tough except lee… but it [I]could[/I] be that the games in which our guys have scored 2-4 are the ones in which they are covered tight - so I’m happy to see we’re getting hte ball to other guys who can score. I think youth is a factor as well.

Whats funny is we played a [I]young[/I] GW team last night (in accordance to the article in another thread) - I think a lot of people forget this is a [I]young[/I] Charlotte squad.

It’s all about match-ups.

The scoring 15 one game and 2 the next could be partially due to each teams concentration on each player... I personally dont pay much attention to who's being double teamed outside of lee, mainly bc you dont expect anyone to be guarded really tough except lee... but it [I]could[/I] be that the games in which our guys have scored 2-4 are the ones in which they are covered tight - so I'm happy to see we're getting hte ball to other guys who can score. I think youth is a factor as well.

Whats funny is we played a young GW team last night (in accordance to the article in another thread) - I think a lot of people forget this is a young Charlotte squad.

Yes these kids are young and very green. No pun intended:lol: