I just finished playing pickup ball with Goldwire

I was down in Belk gym and got in a game with Leemire Goldwire. He never guarded me and I never guarded him…which is a good thing because the dude would have absolutely schooled me. And also I didnt wanna throw down a nasty dunk in his face and ruin his self esteem right before the season! :smiley: Annyways, Leemire is fast as hell and incredibly athletic. He reminds me a LOT of Baldwin. His handles are KINDA shaky, but he is so quick it doesnt matter. I think he hit every open three he took, one of them was almost from Plavich range. The only shots he missed were out of control layups and off balance jumpers, but he wont be taking those in real games. Overall he played pretty laid back, but on a couple possesions he turned up the intensity and locked down on his man. Just thought you all would like the update. He looks like he will be a solid point guard for us. Now if I could only see what Jerrell Lewis is like on the court…

Thanks for the info. If he can guard you he should be outstanding!

Which team won the game???

So, we’re gonna be in great shape when we play a team that has Chisox playing for them.

:slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Sep 7 2004, 06:43 PM [b] I was down in Belk gym and got in a game with Leemire Goldwire. He never guarded me and I never guarded him...which is a good thing because the dude would have absolutely schooled me. And also I didnt wanna throw down a nasty dunk in his face and ruin his self esteem right before the season! :D Annyways, Leemire is fast as hell and incredibly athletic. He reminds me a LOT of Baldwin. His handles are KINDA shaky, but he is so quick it doesnt matter. I think he hit every open three he took, one of them was almost from Plavich range. The only shots he missed were out of control layups and off balance jumpers, but he wont be taking those in real games. Overall he played pretty laid back, but on a couple possesions he turned up the intensity and locked down on his man. Just thought you all would like the update. He looks like he will be a solid point guard for us. Now if I could only see what Jerrell Lewis is like on the court.... [/b]
Good report. How'd you do? :D
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Sep 7 2004, 07:33 PM [b] Which team won the game???? [/b]
Leemire's, but not because he was domintaing, he actually wasnt playing that hard for most of the games.
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 08:06 AM [b] How'd you do? :D [/b]
when Im playing people a lot better than me, I am basically just a Chris Sager clone. Hit a couple open threes here and there, thats about it.